PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elizabeths visit to Liverpool.

Jim Brady
16th July 2018, 01:50 PM
Worth a look in if you are anywhere near.
Regards.
Jim.b.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/special-sail-away-show-live-14909142

Keith at Tregenna
16th July 2018, 03:12 PM
Cheers again to Jim
and the Liverpool Echo.

Many may not have
known otherwise.

Regards,

Keith.

John Callon
16th July 2018, 09:18 PM
She is due to berth at Greenock on Saturday morning. Hoping to get a a couple of pictures of her as she heads down the Clyde,
Regards
John C

Keith at Tregenna
16th July 2018, 11:26 PM
Thought this a good idea if that way:

A trip on the Mersey Ferry is a great way to view visiting cruise ships alongside the Cruise
Terminal and the UNESCO world heritage waterfront. Dates for 2018 cruise ship visits to
Liverpool will be published once available.

https://www.merseyferries.co.uk/cruises/special-cruises-and-events/Pages/Cruise%20Ship%20Visits%202018.aspx

robpage
17th July 2018, 03:09 AM
I see also that you have the giant puppets set to return again for his third and last time . That would be something that I'd love to go and watch

happy daze john in oz
17th July 2018, 05:53 AM
Looking at the dress code on her, something tells me she will have to change if she comes back to Oz again.

We do not do ties and tux, thongs and shorts are fine, even the occasional hat, but that is it.
Almost forgot, Texas Tuxedo is acceptable to us.

Captain Kong
17th July 2018, 02:47 PM
I did the World Cruise on her in 2012,
Not impressed at all.
When they flagged out from Southampton Registry to Bermuda flag they took off all the Filipinos who were excellent and brought in eastern European catering staff who were bleddy awful. Unhygienic, ignorant, unhelpful and aragant,
I got food poisoning , Cunard charged me $100 for an injection and stopped me from going ashore in Auckland. where I had friends and family waiting for me, so I never saw them. The whole reason for going.
Never again, never sailed with Cunard since, always sail on Holland America now , far better.

robpage
17th July 2018, 03:09 PM
I do wonder how many people believe these historic comnpanies are descended from the
original Marques

Keith at Tregenna
17th July 2018, 06:28 PM
She is due to berth at Greenock on Saturday morning. Hoping to get a a couple of pictures of her as she heads down the Clyde,
Regards
John C

It would be great if you upload some pictures to this site John.

I would imagine that the Liverpool Echo will run the story also.

Cheers.

Regards,

Keith.

happy daze john in oz
18th July 2018, 06:38 AM
I think you will find Rob most of the younger generation who know no different will think this is the same as Cunard of the 50's and 60's.

We had some friends who did a five day on one of them, thought it was wonderful, but they had nothing to compare it with.

AS to flying the Red Ensign, registered in UK so that they can still use the flag on ships registered in Hamilton.
Must have at least two company ships registered in UK to be bale to do this.

John Arton
18th July 2018, 10:11 AM
Starting next week on the Freeview Chanel "Yesterday" is Maritime Week, the first program is all about the last cruise of the old QE2 from its building to it's final sale.
Rgds
J.A.

John Callon
18th July 2018, 10:43 AM
Will try to upload some pics Keith but I will have to get somebody to do it for me as I have not got a clue. I will have tlo call the Ocean Terminal in Greenock and find out what time her ETD is. Hopefully it will still be daylight.
Regards
John C