PDA

View Full Version : T.V. Today , really ?

robpage
15th May 2018, 05:12 AM
BAFTA British Academy Television Awards , I didn't watch , I am not that bored , but I fail to understand them , but how did " Love Island " beat " Blue Planet " to an award

happy daze john in oz
15th May 2018, 05:57 AM
Politics Rob, all is political.

There I was watching the adds when a show called Eurovison singing came on.

I was quite amazed, Israel won??
But I never knew Israel and us down here in Oz were in Europe??

So when we get all your left overs such as some one thinks they have talent, or the Voice with a number of has been's as judges, or how to cook a meal, and they win awards then you know there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thankfully we have Netflix so do not have to suffer the slings and arrows of free to air TV.

robpage
15th May 2018, 06:01 AM
no Netflix , just an off button

cappy
15th May 2018, 06:51 AM
Politics Rob, all is political.

There I was watching the adds when a show called Eurovison singing came on.

I was quite amazed, Israel won??
But I never knew Israel and us down here in Oz were in Europe??

So when we get all your left overs such as some one thinks they have talent, or the Voice with a number of has been's as judges, or how to cook a meal, and they win awards then you know there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thankfully we have Netflix so do not have to suffer the slings and arrows of free to air TV.

##it has been said ...dianne abbot counted the votes that is why israel won

robpage
15th May 2018, 07:06 AM
She can only do Nil poin

Keith at Tregenna
15th May 2018, 01:48 PM
For those wondering how Israel and Australia are in the Eurovision Song Contest - it has nothing to do with geography. Eligibility for entry is membership of the European Broadcasting Union, Australia -were allowed to join as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Or:

robpage
15th May 2018, 05:17 PM
When it comes to Eurovision I haven't watched the song contest for at least two decades I think it's probably the biggest waste of time ever

vic mcclymont
15th May 2018, 05:26 PM
With Woggan gone the contest is nowhere near up to the standard it used to be.
Woggans put me down and oneliners were better than the actual contest.
Vic

Keith at Tregenna
15th May 2018, 06:14 PM
Does not help the Brit entry when an intruder snatched her microphone as she sang her entry Storm and said "All the Nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom".
The incident left the 29=year-old without a microphone for at least ten seconds and she was forced to clap along as cameras cut to fans in the audience.
She later resumed her song and finished to rapturous applause.
After SuRie finished singing, host Graham Norton said: "She was doing a brilliant job anyway.

The Eurovision stage was invaded last year by a man draped in an Australian flag, who flashed his bare bottom at the audience.

K.

robpage
15th May 2018, 07:01 PM
Totally agree with that but it certainly wasn't the singing that made it

Keith at Tregenna
15th May 2018, 07:15 PM
As songs go it had many of the ingredients to have done much better
but, that is how the contest usually goes.

SuRie performs Storm - Eurovision 2018 UK entrant - Eurovision: You Decide - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLGEx2x8xoo

robpage
15th May 2018, 07:29 PM
If I could honestly believe that the judges in Eurovision were being honest and that there was no internal politics involved then I might respect the program more

Keith at Tregenna
15th May 2018, 07:39 PM
Like most things gone till next year
and Russia may be back ?

K.

robpage
15th May 2018, 08:09 PM
I found a lot of the reality TV shows on the verge of irritating . Britain's Got Talent safe to have acts from all across the world and some hopeless act that you know nobody would ever put up on a Royal Variety Performance so the only reason they put them through it's for the amusement of the audience value which I think is terribly wrong to laugh with somebody is good but to laugh at them I don't think it's so clever

happy daze john in oz
16th May 2018, 06:35 AM
AS to the Euro thing, like you Rob do not watch, but as we had a contestant in it all the news bulletins carried something about it.

But what have we done to offend you lot in UK????

We are now getting Britain Has Talent here on our TV. Thankfully we too have an off button.

robpage
16th May 2018, 07:50 AM
you have got it , please keep it

happy daze john in oz
17th May 2018, 05:54 AM
you have got it , please keep it

Look mate we can still be friends and we can share it if you like!!