PDA

View Full Version : P&O Cruises' Ventura.

Keith at Tregenna
10th January 2018, 11:12 PM
'The sea and weather are dynamic forces and any decisions taken are in compliance with company, flag and international regulations as well as in the observance of safe and good seamanship.'

'I feared the ship would capsize': Terrifying moment P&O staff cling to tables as crockery smashes in stormů as brave passengers continue to drink wine

P&O Cruises' Ventura ship was battered with fierce winds on December 10
Video filmed inside the dining room shows crockery smashing due to the storm
Passengers are seen holding onto the tables while crew hold onto the fixtures

P&O Cruises' Ventura ship battered with fierce winds | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5254099/Terrifying-moment-100-knot-winds-batter-cruise-ship.html)

happy daze john in oz
11th January 2018, 05:10 AM
Nothing new there, on U Tube there are a number of similar events going back over a number of years.
November 2008 we were in a similar situation on the 'Rhapsody of the Seas' Royal Caribbean ship in the Pacific.
Managed to get out on deck until some one spotted me and made me go back inboard.

John Arton
11th January 2018, 02:54 PM
At least they were still selling booze, some crews we sailed with would have been scrambling for the lifeboats, wailing to a certain god whilst clinging onto all their worldly goods.
Rgds
J,A.

Keith Tindell
11th January 2018, 05:42 PM
Whats needed is someone to invent wetting the table cloth, and i have another brilliant idea, put a fiddle rail on the tables !!!!!b ut they are known as blue water boats, kt

happy daze john in oz
12th January 2018, 05:31 AM
On most cruise ships with a responsible crew the pool would be emptied, all deck furniture stored, access to open deck closed off and security keeping an eye out for any one attempting to break the rules.
But have been on one where the pool was not drained, all else done, and it was like a tsunami the way the water was moving in the pool.

roger millard
12th January 2018, 10:49 AM
May I suggest all plates are gimbal mounted on the wet table cloth, and fiddle rails up to catch the condiments.