PDA

View Full Version : London Bridge

John Callon
3rd June 2017, 09:54 PM
Breaking news, a van has mounted the pavement on London Bridge hitting pedestrians on the bridge. Armed police in attendance.
More to follow.
John C

Keith at Tregenna
3rd June 2017, 10:01 PM
Metropolitan Police‏Verified account @metpoliceuk · 9m

More

We are aware of reports on social media. We will release facts when we can - our info must be accurate #LondonBridge

Lewis McColl
3rd June 2017, 10:12 PM
Hopefully it is just an accident and not to many hurt,

Keith at Tregenna
3rd June 2017, 10:23 PM
Apparently, Police also responding to 'incident in Borough Market'.

Keith at Tregenna
3rd June 2017, 10:48 PM
3rd incident at Vauxhall ?

John Callon
3rd June 2017, 10:54 PM
No accident Lewis - van quoted at travelling at about 50 mph by BBC reporter on the bridge at the time. Also man arrested possible knife involved. Witnesses say they heard gunshots. Seems to b another terrorist attack from what I have read so far.
Regards
John C

Lewis McColl
3rd June 2017, 11:05 PM
Bastards, Hope the police get these arseholes.

Charlie Hannah
4th June 2017, 12:50 AM
Just heard of it on the news one dead others injured.

Keith at Tregenna
4th June 2017, 12:59 AM
3rd incident at Vauxhall ?

Apparently the Vauxhall incident us now thought not to be related.

Keith.

cappy
4th June 2017, 05:44 AM
this is the wonderful multi cultural society ......6 dead dozens injured by alien persons ,,,from one bastardised religion.....cappy

Doc Vernon
4th June 2017, 05:50 AM
And yet another,oh dear Lord when will all this ever end!
So much happiness in our lives ,yet so much sadness too!
There seems to be no end in sight for all these terrible happenings
I cannot say too much on here but would love to shout out my honest opinions,but would no doubt be taken off the site if I did! But I know you all can guess!

cappy
4th June 2017, 06:15 AM
##3 of these pieces of this perverted religion shot ......more is the pity ...that is too easy ....cappy

John Pruden
4th June 2017, 06:38 AM
shows what brave things they are murdering innocent people best outcome for them cant say too much would love to though? jp

Keith Tindell
4th June 2017, 06:46 AM
I know its ok to sit in this chair and write words, but maybe if they can shoot to bring them down alive, they would have a greater chance of getting in to the organisation behind them. problem then is what do with the filthy maggots ?, we end up keeping them in jail for the rest of their lives, i know the answer to that one, but its never going to happen, kt

cappy
4th June 2017, 07:05 AM
this is the wonderful multi cultural society ......6 dead dozens injured by alien persons ,,,from one bastardised religion.....cappy###the 3000 on the watch list must be detained ...kept seperate from each other .....until this war is over......cappy

Lewis McColl
4th June 2017, 07:07 AM
I'll say it if they are on the police and MI5's radar round them up and internment,special powers act, sorry if some are innocent but these are dangerous times, if they have family members who are not British born ship them back to were they came from.

cappy
4th June 2017, 07:09 AM
###many months ago i stated the velvet gloves should come of ...now the mailed fist ...cappy

Ivan Cloherty
4th June 2017, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately if taken alive they would have yuman rites lawyers at our expense and if imprisoned then kept in semi luxury for the rest of their miserable lives at our expense, just shoot the bastards, they will have left a trail to others because when all is said and done they cannot be all that intelligent if they think they are going to paradise for what they did. Regretfully if taken alive we would not be allowed to waterboard them, but of course Jeremy could always talk to them and advise them of the error of their ways, they'd probably prefer the waterboarding!

John F Collier
4th June 2017, 09:53 AM
Lee Rigby murderers Adebolajo and Adebowale were only wounded when they were captured, the only thing the authorities
learned about those two was they are mentally ill fanatics Adebolajo was the ringleader, he lost two teeth in a prison scuffle
and promptly sued for £20,000, he was later caught trying to radicalise other prisoners, we've got to pay for many years for
the welfare of this worthless scum, in my view the policy should be shoot to kill and eliminate the bastards. John F

j.sabourn
4th June 2017, 10:10 AM
As a comparative outsider to this problem in the uk my initial reply would be the same as it would be here in Australia. Those that take up arms against the general public whether alive or shot dad, should be made aware that their families will also be judged guilty by association if nothing else, and will forfeit all their rights to domicile in that country. Let these bits of human flotsam at least have something on their consciences as they go to meet their maker. To heck with the human rights brigade, they are for human beings not crap. JWS.

Jim Dixon
4th June 2017, 11:27 AM
I have only one post for this thread as I do not want to give the perpetrators the oxygen of publicity.
It may be considered somewhat trite but have we in Britain not considered some of old Christian values and urge our churches to reinstate the ringing of bells at various times of the day. IN some parts of Ireland the ' Angelus' is rang at mid day and other times to signify our Christianity. Think about it. I am note suggesting a return to going to church but it may just have the effect of bringing the good people of this country together. As a young man drinking in all the pubs along the Scotland Road in Livepool the church bells were very evident, particularly at noon.

Keith at Tregenna
4th June 2017, 11:32 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor innocent People caught up in yet another mindless Terrorist attack in London last night.

Ivan Cloherty
4th June 2017, 01:26 PM
Sometimes you cannot believe what you hear from BBC reporters

This is #1 for stupidty

'The people want to know from Theresa May when is this all going to stop'

Running a close second, another BBC reporter

'We don't yet know who carried out these attacks or whether or not it was a terrosist attack'

Numerous witnesses interviewed earlier in the day said these three men were running into the cafes armed with knives and attacking/stabbing people and shouting
'in the name of allah!'

I think dear PC BBC that there may be a clue in there somewhere

vic mcclymont
4th June 2017, 01:39 PM
It's time the BBC was privatised.

John Pruden
4th June 2017, 02:44 PM
I know its ok to sit in this chair and write words, but maybe if they can shoot to bring them down alive, they would have a greater chance of getting in to the organisation behind them. problem then is what do with the filthy maggots ?, we end up keeping them in jail for the rest of their lives, i know the answer to that one, but its never going to happen, ktI agree keith but put them in nick and they start converting/preaching to the masses and we get more? jp

gray_marian
4th June 2017, 02:52 PM
#25, Isolate them and and do not cater for ANY of their needs! :mad:....Can't eat the swine then don't do the crime.

cappy
4th June 2017, 02:55 PM
I agree keith but put them in nick and they start converting/preaching to the masses and we get more? jp###solitary confinement for life.....cappy

John F Collier
4th June 2017, 03:07 PM
Why not go for the more permanent solution, a one off payment to buy a bulk carrier as a prison ship, tow it to a suitable
position and put a torpedo in it, just one of my more pleasant thoughts. cheers John F

Dennis McGuckin
4th June 2017, 03:36 PM
#25, Isolate them and and do not cater for ANY of their needs! :mad:....Can't eat the swine then don't do the crime.
Totally agree Marion. Keep them away from other inmates. No one to convert.
Would really prefer the other option, but that will never happen with all the so call 'do gooders' around.

Rodney Mills
4th June 2017, 03:45 PM
My deepest sympathies to the families of the victims of both Manchester and London, and my heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery to the injured.

Rodney Mills. USA.

John F Collier
4th June 2017, 04:07 PM
Theresa May has given a speech outside number 10 and says "enough is enough" surely this is her golden opportunity
to show the country she means business "words are not enough", it's time to exclude these animals from the human rights
charter, stop pussyfooting around "you live by the sword you die by the sword, you play with fire you get burnt" Mrs May
has lately been accused of being weak and of wobbling, this is her chance to show the country she is the opposite, if not she
doesn't deserve to win, I hope she shows some mettle on this grave situation and shows us all "enough really is enough"
JOHN F

vic mcclymont
4th June 2017, 06:13 PM
BBC news criticising Trumps's first tweet on the last nights incident. He tweeted about court power, my interpretation was free the courts to deal with the crimes committed. Soon as the perpetrators are arrested, they sing for their human rights, courts should be instructed to ignore.
BBC again made a big issue about the Police response, the Police fired 50 rounds to kill the three M.o. Slim ****s, I couldn't care how many rounds the cops fired,as long as they killed them. No doubt agitators will want the cops investigated.
Time to get real.
Regards
Vic

Captain Kong
4th June 2017, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know what happens to the remains of the dead terrorists???
In the London bombings in the Underground and on the bus, one bomber had his body shipped back to his family in the Mid East with much celebrating at his Funeral, he was a martyr.

so today we now have the remains of Four of these terrorists, are we to past them back to their celebrating families at our expense or do we bury them in Pig Manure. That will stop them from going to Paradise.
Brian

Stan Carter
4th June 2017, 07:44 PM
if mr's may means " enough is enough, time to get tough" or words to the effect, why not round up the 3000 that are known to the authorities and ship them out, worry about the backlash later. at least they would be out of the country. all known isis fighters and their women, cancel their passports and refuse them entry back into the UK. it would get the message out.
regards stan

vic mcclymont
4th June 2017, 07:47 PM
There was a petition a few weeks ago, Cappy posted the link. The petition was to round up the suspects and intern them.
Regards
Vic

Captain Kong
4th June 2017, 07:48 PM
This is on google........................
HOW TO STOP IS**IC TERRORISTS...... it worked once in our History...

Once in U.S. history an episode of Isl**ic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Isl**ic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The U.S. soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch.

They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to ****** heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

John F Collier
4th June 2017, 08:49 PM
if mr's may means " enough is enough, time to get tough"regards stan

After her speech Stan I think people will be expecting to see some form of positive action, it will make her job harder with
only four days to polling day, but she has said the election will go ahead, I'm hoping she wins well and brings in some new
and tougher laws to deal with these animals. cheers John F

Keith at Tregenna
4th June 2017, 09:17 PM
ISIS warned another attack against the UK was 'definitely coming' just two days before seven people were killed by terrorists in London Bridge, it has emerged.

And the Prime Minister chaired a meeting of the Government's emergency Cobra today.

Des Taff Jenkins
5th June 2017, 06:00 AM
Hi All.
My wife and I send our condolences to the families of those killed and injured. My wife said that they should close down permanently the Mosque that these toerags prayed in and that their families should be thrown out of the country, keep doing this until they get the message. I also like Capt Kong's idea which would bring a howl from the Saudi kingdom.
Cheers Des
Let's not forget them.

j.sabourn
5th June 2017, 07:09 AM
#35.. Just had an email from those doing the petition thanking saying they are almost at 200,000 Jws

Ivan Cloherty
5th June 2017, 07:14 AM
After her speech Stan I think people will be expecting to see some form of positive action, it will make her job harder with
only four days to polling day, but she has said the election will go ahead, I'm hoping she wins well and brings in some new
and tougher laws to deal with these animals. cheers John F

Labour and Liberal s are criticising Theresa May for not doing more to stop terrorism whilst she was Home Secretary, Labour JC voted 49 times against tougher measures DA voted 27 times against tougher measures, Clegg voted 34 times against tougher measures, what a bunch of hyprocrites

John Pruden
5th June 2017, 07:34 AM
#25, Isolate them and and do not cater for ANY of their needs! :mad:....Can't eat the swine then don't do the crime.marian in this sad world we live in I know what we should do with them but we do not have the rope anymore and also don't forget these stupid laws we signed up to called human rights were only the perpetrator has them the victim has non just think of all the civil liberties barristers that would be in a long line if they never had sky there own matt holly book special bloody food the list and cost would just go through the roof? I we did half the crime in there country we would be chained to a wall? jp

vic mcclymont
5th June 2017, 09:31 AM
See Corbyn has done a U turn.
last year he thought it was wrong to shoot terrorists on sight, you should jaw,jaw.
Last night he agreed with the Government Policy of shooting on sight.
Regards
Vic

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 09:34 AM
So why did Theresa May not do more to stop terrorism whilst she was Home Secretary or since ?

cappy
5th June 2017, 09:42 AM
See Corbyn has done a U turn.
last year he thought it was wrong to shoot terrorists on sight, you should jaw,jaw.
Last night he agreed with the Government Policy of shooting on sight.
Regards
Vic##well its getting a bit near his front door now vic ....he can jaw jaw on tele but facing the pigs will be a diferent kettle of fish

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 09:45 AM
ISIS warned another attack against Britain was 'definitely coming' two days before London Bridge terrorists killed seven in knife frenzy.

The security services face difficult questions today over how at least one of the London Bridge terrorists slipped through the intelligence net. It emerged that the 27-year-old ****** extremist who wore an Arsenal shirt during the attack appeared in a TV documentary last year about British jihadis (left and top right) - and was involved in a filmed altercation with police (centre) after an Islamic State flag was unfurled in Regent's Park (bottom right). He was caught on camera alongside two notorious preachers who were well known to police and intelligence officials because of their extremist views. Amid a series of revelations last night, it was claimed that a friend of the Watford-born suspect had reported him to the anti-terror hotline after he became radicalised by watching extremist videos on YouTube. It was also alleged that police were warned about the suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago and detectives may have questioned him last year.

Captain Kong
5th June 2017, 10:03 AM
So why did Theresa May not do more to stop terrorism whilst she was Home Secretary or since ? K at T

Keith, did you not know, we are in the EU,
we have No control over our borders, we cannot deport any terrorist, the Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg forbids it, The Human Rights Lawyers in the UK make millions of pounds from Tax Payers money defending the Terrorists.
Only when we are FREE of the stupid EU can we then start to defend ourselves.

So No More of this type of Political rhetoric, trying to score none existent points, that does not have any common sense to it.
Wait until we are an independent Nation once more and can defend ourselves as we did for a thousand years before we were conned into europe.
Brian

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 10:09 AM
That is just patronising and no answer to: So why did Theresa May not do more to stop terrorism whilst she was Home Secretary or since ?

Captain Kong
5th June 2017, 10:23 AM
???????????????????????????????????????

Brian

Keith Tindell
5th June 2017, 10:23 AM
this is a big chance for TM, she needs to round up all the preachers of hate, and there are plenty of them, and deport them , if the EU court objects, tell them to get stuffed. She would be the best thing we have ever had as PM, just do it, kt

John F Collier
5th June 2017, 10:24 AM
So why did Theresa May not do more to stop terrorism whilst she was Home Secretary or since ?

Silly statement Keith, Theresa may fought long and hard to extradite Abu Hamza the one eyed hook handed hate preacher
who spouted his poison openly in the streets of London while the police could only stand and watch, it took 15 court cases
and cost the tax payer £25 million, even the EU court stuck it's oar in and to prevent hook hand and three other suspects
being handed over to the USA, TM was very tenacious and finally won the day in 2012 when all four of them were handed
over at Milldenhall US air base in Suffolk to be flown to the US for trial, as far as I know they are all in prison there now. John F

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 10:52 AM
It is a question not a statement, still unanswered.

vic mcclymont
5th June 2017, 10:58 AM
Under Labour, London. Was known abroad as Londonstan, because phony Blair and golden balls and the straw man let them off.
The Hook under Labour was free to rant and rave and nothing was done.
Look at how the liberal elite on the Left have vote against nearly every terror adopted by UK Governments.
It takes time to make changes and implement them, you can only work with one hand as the other is tied by the human rights and the EU courts.

John F Collier
5th June 2017, 11:01 AM
It is a question not a statement, still unanswered.

If you read the post properly you will see "IT AINT EASY" like you seem to think it is. John F

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 11:03 AM
Mrs May talks tough now ? but what did she do when she was in charge of the Home Office? She cut police numbers by 20,000. And now we're paying the price in blood.

vic mcclymont
5th June 2017, 11:08 AM
You write and think a load of CRAP.
It doesn't matter how many Police you have the terrorist will get through.
The security services have to be lucky every time,the terrorist once.look The the continent, France,Germany and Sweden have all suffered a the hand s of terrorist, whose fault was that?
Time you did a bit of joined up thinking instead of continual carping.

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 11:16 AM
I think the younger generation see the truth more.

cappy
5th June 2017, 11:19 AM
###and that is why we will have a conservative government .......
I think the younger generation see the truth more.

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 11:22 AM
Whatever !

thomas michael
5th June 2017, 01:36 PM
Silly statement Keith, Theresa may fought long and hard to extradite Abu Hamza the one eyed hook handed hate preacher
who spouted his poison openly in the streets of London while the police could only stand and watch, it took 15 court cases
and cost the tax payer £25 million, even the EU court stuck it's oar in and to prevent hook hand and three other suspects
being handed over to the USA, TM was very tenacious and finally won the day in 2012 when all four of them were handed
over at Milldenhall US air base in Suffolk to be flown to the US for trial, as far as I know they are all in prison there now. John F
hi john
the hook handed mozzie abu Hamza has been trying to be deported to the uk to serve his sentence, and as you may have guessed, he is stated that his human rights are being abused
tom

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 01:42 PM
Theresa May’s plans on terror: they are wrong

Posting for information purposes only.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/04/the-guardian-view-on-theresa-may-plans-on-terror-they-are-wrong?CMP=share_btn_fb

j.sabourn
5th June 2017, 01:52 PM
Very interesting Keith by a well established newspaper. However I would rather back whatever government is in power with all their resources re different anti terrorism departments than some columnists solution, he has no clearer solution than the man in the street that is us in other words, newspapers don't have any answers. People trained in anti terrorism have the best chance, they know more than we or the newspapers do, at least I certainly hope they do. Cheers JWS

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 02:16 PM
We cannot go on like this. But do you have the balls to do what's REALLY needed and lock up the 3,000 terror suspects tomorrow?

Captain Kong
5th June 2017, 02:18 PM
If we locked up the 3,000 terror suspects tomorrow, Corbyn and McDonnell would be screaming for their Human Rights.

John F Collier
5th June 2017, 02:33 PM
cappy's petition is still flying, now at 235,165, hopefully will one day be looked at seriously in parliament. John F

John F Collier
5th June 2017, 02:46 PM
hi john
the hook handed mozzie abu Hamza has been trying to be deported to the uk to serve his sentence, and as you may have guessed, he is stated that his human rights are being abused
tom

Thanks Tom, I've never followed it up but I can remember reading that his family are still living here in a large house
and "this may surprise you" they are all on benefits also his son was done for something illegal. cheers John F

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 02:50 PM
If we locked up the 3,000 terror suspects tomorrow, Corbyn and McDonnell would be screaming for their Human Rights.

After Theresa May's "enough is enough" speech, I expect whoever was Home Secretary from 2010-2016 may resign in shame from frontline politics.

Ivan Cloherty
5th June 2017, 03:02 PM
After Theresa May's "enough is enough" speech, I expect whoever was Home Secretary from 2010-2016 may resign in shame from frontline politics.

For gawds sake give it a bluddy rest, wait until Friday then you can either gloat or back in your shell, you're not going to change anyone's mind on here by your constant carping

'enough is enough'

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 03:08 PM
I am not attempting to change any minds, Just because dolly is wobbling, She may well win slightly, still a two horse race.

Rodney Mills
5th June 2017, 03:38 PM
Re: post number 36 and Blackjack Pershing's supposedly executing mmmmms and packing them in pig mature. This is not true. Just type in on any search ending Blackjack Pershing and Mxxxxs. there's a dozen sites that will tell you this is nonsence.

WebImagesVideosMapsNews|My saves
Also try:general jack pershing ********· black jack pershing philippines ******s
40,500 resultsAny time
John J. Pershing vs. ****** Terrorists - Urban Legends
https://www.thoughtco.com/gen-black-jack-pershing-vs-******...

General Black Jack Pershing supposedly rid the Philippines of ****** terrorists by burying some of them in pigs' blood and offal.
Pershing - Snopes.com
How to Stop Islamic Terrorists (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp)

Gen. John J. Pershing did not effectively discourage ****** terrorists in the Philippines by killing them burying and their bodies along with those of pigs.
Images of blackjack pershing ******
bing.com/images

See more images of blackjack pershing ******

cappy
5th June 2017, 03:40 PM
Re: post number 36 and Blackjack Pershing's supposedly executing mmmmms and packing them in pig mature. This is not true. Just type in on any search ending Blackjack Pershing and Mxxxxs. there's a dozen sites that will tell you this is nonsence.well he should have anyway .....cappy

Captain Kong
5th June 2017, 05:21 PM
Watch the film clip .....The Real Glory. With Gary Cooper and it show what they do in the film. on google. interesting.

vic mcclymont
5th June 2017, 06:29 PM
If you are going to quote facts, get them correct. Gordon Brown started the reduction in the Police Force in 2009.
Now for your man Corbyn, his side kick McDonnell and Abbott are they fit to lead this country?During the eighties Cobyn and McDonnell supported the IRA.
1986: Corby was arrested for supporting IRA man Magee, who was convicted for murdering 5 people.
1987: Corbyn took part in a minutes silence to commerate the member shot dead by SAS.
Corbyn appointed Ronan Bennett as a research assistant, he served 13 months for shooting a Policeman.
1996: Invited Adams and a group of terrorists to the House of Commons.
2003: McDonnell called for the IRA terrorists to be honoured.
2004: McDonnell was given an IRA award for unfailing political support.
1984: Diane Abbott every defeat for the British State I a victory for all us.
Weeks after the Brighton attack he two IRA terrorists to the House of Commons.
1983: After hi election as an MP organised a meeting for Adams to the House.
1987: dams spoke in Corbyn's constituency endorsing his support.
1996: after the bombing of London and Manchester he hosted the launch of Adam's bok.
1984: He hosted a meeting Latin American culture organisations - these organisations were terrorists.
1992: The men accused of the Lockerbie Bombing were helped by Corby when he signed letter supporting their bid to avoid trials.
9/11: He wrote in the Socialist Campaign Group News, a Left Wing paper, he blamed the West.
He blamed America after the Islamists bomb killed 200 Bali.
2009: He said it would be an honour and pleasure to Host an event for Hexbollah and invited his friends Hamas.
He was a long term supporter of Abu Hamza.

Mcdonell opposed the Good Friday Agreement
Corbyn has opposed most of the Anti Terror Legislation proposed
Diane Abbott opposed a bill describing Al-Qaeda as aterror group
2009: Corbym wanted Hamaz taken off the terror list.
205: He opposed the Police shoot to kill orders.
2203: Corbyn was aginst the view the North Korea was a rogue state, he wanted to protect Communist Economic model.
He dismissed the Cold War, denying the Soviet Union was a threat.
Corbyn is anti nuclear, so he says, but he was not against N.K. having nuclear weapons.

There is a clear choice on Thursday-vote wisely.
Regards
Vic

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 06:40 PM
For gawds sake give it a bluddy rest, wait until Friday then you can either gloat or back in your shell, you're not going to change anyone's mind on here by your constant carping

'enough is enough'

Back to London Bridge now ?

John Pruden
5th June 2017, 07:10 PM
any of us here can travel to any country in the eu go to the likes of any airport and see for yourself the thousands per hour coming and going this country is an open house even if well known terrorists come in we cannot stop them that is their human rights so we should start there walk away from it? jp

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 07:32 PM
Sadiq Khan has led a vigil of hundreds of Londoners (pictured inset) in remembering those who died following Saturday night's terror attack in the capital. The Mayor of London was joined by senior officers from the Metropolitan Police, as well as paramedics and fire crews, for an emotional service in Potters Field Park, near City Hall (shown main). The Archbishop of Canterbury was also on hand to pay his respects to the victims of the attack, in which seven were killed and almost 50 were injured. The evening vigil came after thousands of commuters and workers stopped near the scene of the attack in London Bridge and Borough market to lay flowers and stand in solemn silence earlier in the day.

Anti-terror barriers installed on three key London bridges

Just 24 hours before Saturday's attack, officials had ruled out putting up security railings in the London Bridge area.

Anti-terror barriers installed on three key London bridges (http://news.sky.com/story/anti-terror-barriers-installed-on-three-key-london-bridges-10904977)

Ivan Cloherty
5th June 2017, 09:56 PM
Back to London Bridge now ?

Excelling yourself now Keith TWO last words #69 and #74 notice it took you 3 hours and 32 mins to think of the second one, jeez you've got some feckin neck, either that or or you've got some serious feminine issues always wanting the last word

Keith at Tregenna
5th June 2017, 10:12 PM
Minutes silence on Tuesday to honour victims.

Lewis McColl
5th June 2017, 10:21 PM
If you are going to quote facts, get them correct. Gordon Brown started the reduction in the Police Force in 2009.

There is a clear choice on Thursday-vote wisely.
Regards
Vic

If you are going to put a post like this up back it up with a link so one can read it for oneself, not that I don't trust you but ???? So Margaret Thatcher never held talks with the IRA behind closed doors. Thatcher’s dealings with IRA go back to hunger strikes (1999) - July 1981 (http://www.longkesh.info/1999/10/17/thatchers-dealings-with-ira-go-back-to-hunger-strikes/)

Keith at Tregenna
6th June 2017, 12:31 AM
Minutes silence on Tuesday to honour victims.

Capital falls eerily quiet for a poignant minute's silence as hundreds attend vigil for victims of the London Bridge terror attack.

Sadiq Khan holds vigil for London Bridge attack victims | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4574232/Sadiq-Khan-leads-evening-vigil-near-London-Bridge.html)

Des Taff Jenkins
8th June 2017, 01:23 AM
Hi ll.
Whether there is any truth in politics will be seen after the UK elections, I have no say in it and I don't know the players but on TV here Teresa May said if it takes altering the Human rights laws to get rid of these arseholes then that is what she will do.
Here in Aus we have our own domestic Mossie killings to handle and that is what is needed here; a change of not only the Human rights laws but some ticker and common sense from our politicos to stop these dead heads from reentering the country and deporting the ones who's only aim in life is to disrupt and kill.
As a PS. A ****** cleric in the Uk said that those poor boys!!!! the killers, had no future no jobs etc, what of the thousands of British Youngsters who have no jobs? They don't go around killing people .
Cheers Des

Keith at Tregenna
8th June 2017, 01:58 AM
Theresa May's savage police cuts and weakness with Islamist extremism have made Britain a dangerous place - I wouldn't trust her to protect me from an angry wasp, let alone a jihadi terrorist.

Ivan Cloherty
8th June 2017, 06:23 AM
Theresa May's savage police cuts and weakness with Islamist extremism have made Britain a dangerous place - I wouldn't trust her to protect me from an angry wasp, let alone a jihadi terrorist.

What a bluddy stupid comment, you never know Keith by the end of the day you may be in a safe pair of hands of JC (God forbid) and then you can all join hands with the friendly jihadi and sing London Bridge is falling down

Lewis McColl
8th June 2017, 07:10 AM

What a bluddy stupid comment, you never know Keith by the end of the day you may be in a safe pair of hands of JC (God forbid) and then you can all join hands with the friendly jihadi and sing London Bridge is falling down.

Theresa May has put the nations safety at risk by police cuts , she says she will revoke the Human rights laws? that to me is like bolting the stable door after the horse has gone.
Revoking the human rights laws, I will admit I did not hear what she said concerning that, but I hope it was along the lines of FOR THOSE FOUND GUILTY OR SUSPECTED OF BEING INVOLVED IN TERRORIST ACTS!!!!! other wise you will be losing the very basics of democracy and you have a police state, mind you under May there will be no police.

Corbyn has said he will increase police numbers. If he can open a dialogue with those sensible members of the Islamic community to get to the heart of what the mad mullahs are preaching what is wrong with that?

Ivan Cloherty
8th June 2017, 07:26 AM
. If he can open a dialogue with those sensible members of the Islamic community to get to the heart of what the mad mullahs are preaching what is wrong with that?

With all due respect Lewis having lived with moo slims in their own world for many years, an infidel will always be an infidel even to the ordinary moo slim man in the street, and nothing is going to change that and nothing will change the extremists views, you can be friendly with a moo slim, but you'd never be able to count one as a close friend, and there's the difference. But I wish him well in that quest and am quite happy to be proved wrong

cappy
8th June 2017, 08:04 AM
Theresa May's savage police cuts and weakness with Islamist extremism have made Britain a dangerous place - I wouldn't trust her to protect me from an angry wasp, let alone a jihadi terrorist.###the world is a dangerous place europe is a dangerous place ...another 5000 police on the streets would have made no difference in any of the capital cities in europe ...as for the stupid comment about protection from the wasp ....jeez you want a benefit for that now on the way to the food bank i suppose...forget the word benefit ...but then i suppose if you couldnt use the word benefit your vocabulary would be cut in half....well today is judgement day and when its over get ready for a system that will look after the true needy not the pancrack warriors...cappy

gray_marian
8th June 2017, 08:22 AM
#84, ''Theresa May has put the nations safety at risk by police cuts'' You'll be thankful then Lewis that you are no longer resident in the UK. I on the other hand think her Police Force fulfilled a magnificent feat regardless, 0-8mins total annihilation. Watched new footage on the news this morning of their professionalism and bravery as they ran from their cars and thought bravo. As for JC....a wimp who has to surround himself by forceful women, what a sorry excuse of a man he is. Would be every tourist/pedestrian for himself left to his non existent capabilities/strategy as he literally talked us all to death.

Captain Kong
8th June 2017, 08:29 AM
To say the Police Cuts are responsible is the daftest statement I have heard for a long time. It is a silly childish remark.
There is no massive Army of Police marching up and down every pavement, No Massive stop and search of EVERY Vehicle in Every street,
A Terrorist Can WIN EVERY TIME HE WANTS TO.

If there was the 1st Battalion of the Grenadier Guards marching across that Bridge the Terrorist would still have driven across and killed people.
You people have NO IDEA of a war zone, The Terrorist will always win because he is Not afraid of Death, Because he thinks he is going to Paradise.
If he has a suicide vest on and is stopped by the Police all he has to do is press the button, boom, the Policeman and many people in the vicinity all dead , He cannot lose,
So stop this whinging and whining about the Police cuts I am get peed off listening to it on here by immature people who have Never faced danger and Also on TV.

A radical moo wants to kill you,
A Moderate moo wants a Radical moo to kill you.
Fact.
Brian

vic mcclymont
8th June 2017, 08:53 AM
Lord Carlisle and in dependent security zar was interviewed by Laura Kunssberg (spelling) on BBC news. She asked the question, did cuts make the UK less after, he replied no, and Kunssberg was lost for words.
He stated that it didn't 't matter how many Police you had the terrorist would have still struck.
We have been a democratic country and had no problems in running it until Blair signed us up to the European Court of Human rights.
Regards
Vic

cappy
8th June 2017, 09:34 AM
#84, ''Theresa May has put the nations safety at risk by police cuts'' You'll be thankful then Lewis that you are no longer resident in the UK. I on the other hand think her Police Force fulfilled a magnificent feat regardless, 0-8mins total annihilation. Watched new footage on the news this morning of their professionalism and bravery as they ran from their cars and thought bravo. As for JC....a wimp who has to surround himself by forceful women, what a sorry excuse of a man he is. Would be every tourist/pedestrian for himself left to his non existent capabilities/strategy as he literally talked us all to death.##living in france of course they have no terrorist problems ...niether has there been any police cuts there ..but the dogma carries on ...perhaps the sting of a large GUEPE on lewisis rather rotund posterior...his words not mine may .....may get him involved more in the country he chooses to live in and like his little follower from tregenna ask madame le penne for a benefit for a sting on the ass.....cappy

John Pruden
8th June 2017, 09:49 AM
how many police could/should still have a job when Europe's human rights /civil liberties cost this country £25.000.000 to get the hook to justice and putting his family in a £2.5 million rent free do the maths stack up the cost cash wise on going from the eu we could have a bobby on every corner deport all that should and then can be kicked out of here add that up as well billions could be poured back into our country.. jp

Captain Kong
8th June 2017, 10:16 AM
The Police cuts would make No Difference to Police on the streets at all..
20,000 cut, There are 43 Police Forces in the UK,
Police work 3 X 8 hour shifts a day and a 5 day week.
divide all that and how many extra Police are on duty.????
Now that is NOT Police on the Street , many work inside the Offices, on phones etc. so each Police force will have around Five Extra Police to be on the beat , working in the Office and on the phones, every day. It does not make one iota of difference,
SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?????

Brian

cappy
8th June 2017, 10:22 AM
The Police cuts would make No Difference
Brian###its the old story of ..if you rabbit on long enough some one will believe it ......i am going to place my vote if a police car is within a hundred feet and they are armed what can they do to save me if a loonytune drives on the pavement and crushes me .....yes they can blow him away but that doesnt bring me back to life ...these comments are in the realms of fantasy ...and if that is the best shot these people have there is no doubt theresa will win....cappy

vic mcclymont
8th June 2017, 10:59 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, Labour agreed with the Police cuts, ehen they voted in the house of commons.

Keith at Tregenna
8th June 2017, 11:19 AM
On 20 May 2015, as Police Federation members warned Theresa May of the effects of cuts, the future PM defiantly told the body to stop "scaremongering" and "crying wolf". After the UK's third terrorist attack in three months, May's words are under greater scrutiny than ever before.

Though security is traditionally a strong suit for the Conservatives, May's Home Office record presents uncomfortable truths. In a speech last night, Jeremy Corbyn declared: "You cannot protect the public on the cheap. The police and security services must get the resources they need, not 20,000 police cuts. Theresa May was warned by the Police Federation but she accused them of 'crying wolf'".

John F Collier
8th June 2017, 11:27 AM
###its the old story of ...and if that is the best shot these people have there is no doubt theresa will win....cappy

With you on that cappy re: the police being unable to protect you in certain circumstances, but it doesn't have to be a terrorist
that sticks a knife into you or breaks into your home and steals your property, the yobs are quite capable of that. I can only
speak for where I live but I do know for a fact Essex police have been hit hard with cuts imposed by TM when she was the
home secretary, I never see foot patrols anymore we definitely need more bobbies on the beat like there used to be, having
said that I think the Tories will win well and get the majority they need, then hopefully the democratic vote will be accepted
by all and sundry and the Government will be able to proceed with the Brexit negotiations, but don't hold your breath on that.
Well I'm off now to do my bit for the country :). cheers John F

cappy
8th June 2017, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Keith at Tregenna;264360]On 20 May 2015, as Police Federation members warned Theresa May of the effects of cuts, the future PM defiantly told the body to stop "scaremongering" and "crying wolf". After the UK's third terrorist attack in three months, May's words are under greater scrutiny than ever before.

Though security is traditionally a strong suit for the Conservatives, May's Home Office record presents uncomfortable truths. In a speech last night, Jeremy Corbyn declared: "You cannot protect the public on the cheap. The police and security services must get the resources they need, not 20,000 police cuts. Theresa May was warned by the Police Federation but she accused them of 'crying wolf'".[/QUOTE????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????////

thomas michael
8th June 2017, 12:05 PM
I have only one post for this thread as I do not want to give the perpetrators the oxygen of publicity.
As a young man drinking in all the pubs along the Scotland Road in Livepool the church bells were very evident, particularly at noon.

hi jim
I meant to come back to this thread, as even though I take the piss and I'm a failed catholic, the religion of this country is Christianity, the queen is its head, with the archbishop behind her,
when we where kids religion went hand in hand with morality and the state which backed the protestant church, because without morality and a conscience, you cannot have a peaceful co-existence.
now we see men marrying men women doing the same, mozzies with Saudi money building mosques in every district
and the liberal left seccular elite calling to end the states involvement with the Christian faith,
we have people being prosecuted for not baking cakes and others for not allowing queers to sleep in their own guest houses, and we now have a Marxist running for election,
jim what I'm saying is that what you are proposing is exactly the right path this country should be taking.
instead of studying immigrants wants needs etc, we should be consolidating everthing that makes us British.
tom

John Albert Evans
8th June 2017, 01:06 PM
And now to top it all we have our Traffic Wardens booking the cars that were abandoned during the assault on the Bridge for Parking Illegally.
Common sense well the mind boggles.

John Albert Evans.

Keith at Tregenna
8th June 2017, 02:02 PM
Outrage as Saudi Arabia's football team SNUBS a minute's silence for London Bridge terror victims ahead of World Cup qualifier against Australia because 'it is not in keeping with our culture'.

The Saudi Arabian soccer team failed to line up for a minute's silence for the London terror victims on Thursday night. Fans were left outraged at the display ahead of a World Cup qualifier against Australia in Adelaide. The Australian team lined up at the halfway mark, with the Saudi players appearing to ignore the gesture as they get in formation to start the game. It is also claimed Saudi players on the bench refused to stand for the minute's silence.

Captain Kong
8th June 2017, 02:33 PM
Then the Australians should have walked off and refused to play. I would.
Brian.

Doc Vernon
8th June 2017, 08:22 PM
Indeed Capt
I really don't know why they did not! ??
Cheers (PS Normally I am not into Politics of any source but this was very bad)

Keith at Tregenna
8th June 2017, 09:48 PM
London's Trafalgar Square evacuated by armed police after reports of 'suspicious item'

London's Trafalgar Square has been evacuated by police because of a 'suspicious item'.

There is a heavy police presence at the world-famous square, according to witnesses.

Another witness, Jonathan Russell, said: "Just been evacuated from Trafalgar Square. Big security presence and strong cordons. Developing.

Will update.

Keith at Tregenna
8th June 2017, 10:04 PM
RE: London's Trafalgar Square evacuated by armed police after reports of 'suspicious item'

Apparently: Armed police stood down after Trafalgar Square and Charing Cross tube station evacuated amid reports of 'suspicious package'

Thank God.