PDA

View Full Version : Murder at Sea

Chris Isaac
16th December 2016, 04:03 PM
I have been told that a murder took place on Stirling Castle at sea in 1956.
I am lead to believe that it involved two members of the catering staff, one the victim and one the perpetrator.
Can anyone add any details?
I can find no record anywhere of such an event.

Captain Kong
16th December 2016, 04:38 PM
I only know of the Murder of Gay Gibson by Steward, James Camb on the Durban Castle in 1947, made big headlines at the time.
Maybe UCL are keeping events like that quiet as it frightens off passengers.
There was also a Gold Bullion robbery on one of them.
Cheers
Brian.
BELOW ,,,,, JAMES CAMB AND GAY GIBSON

Keith at Tregenna
16th December 2016, 05:52 PM
Murder at Sea

Murder at Sea - Ships Nostalgia (http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=176593)

Chris Isaac
16th December 2016, 08:35 PM
Murder at Sea

Murder at Sea - Ships Nostalgia (http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=176593)

Why refer me to my own question?
It is not Durban Castle that I am asking about but specifically Stirling Castle

Chris Allman
16th December 2016, 08:47 PM
There was a murder on the Kenya Castle in 1963 that involved two catering staff - a night steward was having some trouble with the chief night steward, so he killed him by hitting him over the head with some heavy metal object. Got life apparently.

Keith at Tregenna
16th December 2016, 09:05 PM
Why refer me to my own question?
It is not Durban Castle that I am asking about but specifically Stirling Castle

I had not posted it for you ? It was intended for any member interested in the thread: Murder at Sea

Chris Isaac
16th December 2016, 09:13 PM
I had not posted it for you ? It was intended for any member interested in the thread: Murder at Sea

Same thread, same person, different site

Captain Kong
16th December 2016, 10:18 PM
I was only trying to create a little interest, is all

Brian,

Keith at Tregenna
16th December 2016, 10:47 PM
Same thread, same person, different site

And ?

happy daze john in oz
17th December 2016, 04:31 AM
There was a possible murder on the Windsor in 1963. A gay first class steward went missing one night a couple of days out of Cape Town on the way home.
He had been seen on the well deck just outside the pig at around midnight by the master at arm son his rounds.
There was another guy there and the two were arguing.
Next morning one shoe was found on the well deck but nothing else.
The master at arms was not able to identify the other guy so no one was sure what occurred.
There was a story going round the ship that the one missing had been arguing with another queen about a guy they were both after.
Next voyage we heard that the coroner had declared it a suicide, but we will never know for sure.

kurutai
18th December 2016, 09:34 PM
The Stirling Castle was the ship where a dbs jumped over the side in the 60,s when they put the boat down to pick him up from what I recall he refused to get in it so a young seaman went in after him next thing the young seaman was taken by a shark , I believe the dbs was back in the boat like a shot when that happened , some of this I could have wrong but again from what I recall the young seaman was an only child on his first deep sea voyage , best regards to all hands Dave .

Keith Tindell
18th December 2016, 10:17 PM
I was on the Stirling Castle in the 60s, when we lost a crewman over the side, we were on our way from Durban back to capetown i think, but as i recall we did not find him. I did not go in the lifeboat but my job was the forward painter, so am pretty sure he was not recovered. Could be wrong occasion, and it was a long time ago, kt