PDA

View Full Version : Here’s to you and here's to me.

Keith at Tregenna
4th July 2009, 05:11 PM
Here’s to you and here’s to me.
Here's to tall ships
Here's to small ships
Here's to all the ships on the sea
But the best ships are friendships .
Here's to you and me.

ABOVE: Attributed to Wilky.

Here’s to you and here’s to me
In hope we never disagree
And if we ever disagree
I can forget you and Here’s to me.

Or:

Here’s to you and here’s to me
And here’s to love and laughter
I’ll be true, as long as you
And not a minute after.

Attributed to Bronwyn Corbett-Jones (OZ)

Anyone know more of these or can make some up:

Please, Join In ........... K

Thanks to Wilky, he may not know what he has started, apologies if it does not produce desired results.

Gulliver
4th July 2009, 06:35 PM
The Captain

It's not my job to run this boat, the horn I cannot blow. It's not my job to say how far this boat's allowed to go. It's not my job to throttle up, or even clang the bell. But let this damn boat hit the dock, and see who catches hell!

And a Quickie......

A young woman was very depressed and decided to end it all by throwing herself into the ocean. As she stood by the docks and just as she was about to jump into the bay, a young handsome sailor noticed her tears, ran down to the shore, took pity on her story and talked her out of it. "Look, you are young. There is so much you could do with you life." said the sailor. "In fact, my ship is sailing for Europe in the morning. Once there you can get a fresh start. If you like, I'll smuggle you on board and you can stow away. I’ll take good care of you and make sure you have plenty of food. If you'll just help keep me warm and pass the lonely evening hours, I will get you over to Europe where you can start a new life."
That sounded great to the young women. After all, what did she have to lose? She nodded ‘yes’ and later that night, the sailor brought her aboard and she took up living secretly in a cabin. Every evening the sailor would bring her some sandwiches, a piece of fruit and the two would spend the night together, making mad, passionate love until dawn.
After about three weeks of this, during a routine search, the ship's captain discovered the woman hiding in the sailor's cabin. "What are you doing in here?" demanded the captain. "Well, I have an arrangement with one of your sailors. He’s smuggling me over to Europe. He brings me food every day and he's screwing me every night."
"I'll say he is!" replied the captain. " This is the Staten Island Ferry."

Keith at Tregenna
4th July 2009, 09:17 PM
Nice one..................

More please..................... K.