Empress of Canada,
Malation,
Automedon,
Amastera Notes:
Lost discharge book and trying to get a copy

Des Taff Jenkins
25th February 2016, 12:09 AM
Hi Alex.
Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy all the tall tales and memories, and posts. You never know there may be one of your old shipmates on site.
Go through the crew list and the shipping Companies you were on, click on Forum Home and scroll down for the shipping companies.
Cheers Des

Doc Vernon
25th February 2016, 01:41 AM
Hello Alexander
Welcome the site and thank you for listing your details and Ships
Always nice to have new Crew aboard!
Hope you will find lots here to take your interest!
Enjoy!
Cheers

Don't know if you can get copies these days,at last I looked at it one could Apply for a Replacement Book but it would have no Entries in it!

https://www.gov.uk/get-seamans-discharge-book-or-british-seamans-card

Personal Applications
If you wish to obtain a Discharge Book or British Seaman’s card in person you need to visit either your
nearest Marine office or RSS in person. Personal applications are more expensive than postal ones.
Please ensure you ring to book an appointment prior to attending.

Tyne Marine Office
Compass House
Tyne Dock
South Shields
NE34 9PY
Telephone: 01914969900

Fees

POSTAL APPLICATIONS 40.00 per book

PERSONAL APPLICATIONS 90.00 per book

Doc Vernon
25th February 2016, 02:05 AM
Just testing a PDF File

The following Form can be downloaded in PDF Form just Type in Search Engine

Application for Replacement of Merchant Seamans Discharge Book
MSF 4509 REV 03/15
APPLICATION FOR A DISCHARGE BOOK and/or
BRITISH SEAMAN’S CARD
IMPORTANT – BEFORE completing this form, please ensure you have read fully the guidance notes and instructions on pages 4, 5 and 6. Your application will not be processed if not fully completed. Entries must be clearly written as mistakes cannot be rectified without payment of a further fee.
Please tick the relevant box below
Discharge Book
British Seaman’s Card
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
SDS No:
1. First Issue □
1. First Issue □
2. Continuation Issue □
2. Continuation Issue □
DB No:
3. Replacement Issue □
3. Replacement Issue □
BSC No:
If you have previously held a Discharge Book please enter the number ______________________
PART A: PERSONAL DETAILS
Title: Mr/Mrs/Miss/Capt etc
Sex: Male/Female
Surname/Family Name
Forename (s) in full
Has your name ever changed?
If yes, give details.
Distinguishing Marks
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
Country of Birth
Height in metres (see note *)
Colour of Eyes
Nationality
(British Nationality Act 1981)
National Insurance Number
(must be completed for BSC)
Full Home Address
Address for return of documents (if different from home address)
Address
Town/City
County/State
Post/Zip Code
Country
Contact telephone numbers
Email
Next of kin, relationship to you and their address
PART B: DECLARATION FOR DISCHARGE BOOK
I wish to apply for a Discharge Book. I certify that the answers given on page one are true and I am aware that I may be required to supply evidence to support them.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
* delete as appropriate
I declare that:-
a. I am employed/have been employed/have been offered employment * on a United Kingdom registered vessel,
or
b. I am a United Kingdom Seafarer with the right of abode in the United Kingdom and am employed/have been offered employment * on a non-United Kingdom registered vessel and am unable to obtain a discharge book from, or acceptable to, the Flag State of the vessel for the following reason (s): (please provide full details)
c. I have not held at any time a seaman’s document containing the same information as a Discharge Book issued by one of the Governments listed in Note (4); or
d. I am applying for replacement of my existing United Kingdom Discharge Book - (If your existing Discharge Book is full it should be submitted with this application. If, however, your Discharge Book has been lost or damaged a full explanation of the circumstances should be given in Part “G”), and
e. I am aware that it is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in order to obtain a Discharge Book and hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the details in this application are correct.
Signature
Date
PART C: DECLARATION FOR A BRITISH SEAMAN’S CARD
I wish to apply for a British Seaman’s Card. I certify that the answers given on page one are true and I am aware that I may be required to supply evidence to support them.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
I declare that:-
a. I am a British citizen with the Right of Abode in the United Kingdom; and
b. I am currently employed as a seafarer and am applying for the first issue of a British Seaman’s Card and do not already hold a seaman’s identity document issued by the United Kingdom Government or any of the other Governments listed in note (5), or
c. I am applying for replacement of my British Seaman’s Card. (Note – If your existing British Seaman’s Card has expired it should be submitted with this application. If however, your British Seaman’s Card has been lost or damaged a full explanation of the circumstances should be given in Part “G”) and
d. I am aware that it is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in order to obtain a British Seaman’s Card and hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the details given in this application are correct.
Signature
Date
PART D: Employers Declaration for a Discharge Book (not required for a continuation or replacement UK Discharge Books)
This must be completed by your current or prospective employer in block capitals; a letter from your employer is NOT acceptable.
I declare that the applicant (name) ___________________ is serving/has served/will serve on a UK ship (name of vessel) _____________________ port of registration ____________________ registered number ____________________
[
OR is a United Kingdom Seafarer with the Right of Abode in the United Kingdom and will serve on the following Non-United Kingdom registered ship but is unable to obtain a discharge book from, or acceptable to, the Flag State of the vessel for the following reason(s):- (please provide full details)
Name of Vessel
Port of Registration
Country of Registration
Registered number
I understand that it is an offence to knowingly make a false statement in order to obtain a Discharge Book and hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given in this application form are correct.
Signed
Name
Date
Position Held
Vessel/Employers/Company Name
Company/Ship/Master - Seal
PART E: Employers Declaration for a British Seaman’s Card (not required for a continuation or replacement BSC’s)
This must be completed by your current or prospective employer in block capitals; a letter from your employer is NOT acceptable.
I declare that the applicant (name) ____________________________ is a United Kingdom Seafarer with the right of abode in the United Kingdom and is serving in the capacity of ___________________ on the (name of vessel) ____________________ Port and country of registration ________________
I understand that it is an offence to knowingly make a false statement in order to obtain a British Seaman’s Card and hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given in this application form are correct.
Signed
Name
Date
Position Held
Vessel/Employers/Company Name
Company/Ship/Master - Seal
 Master/Employer/Employers representative
PART F: Counter Signatory
To be filled in by someone who has known you for at least two years (refer to note 8 if you are unable to complete this section).
I certify that the applicant has been known to me for ______ years and that to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given on page one and the declaration are correct.
I am a British Subject (signed) __________________________ Profession _____________________
Date
Address or office stamp
PART G: Replacements
Please explain what happened to your previous DB/BSC indicating how it was lost or damaged.
PART H: Payment
Please enclose the appropriate fee (as laid down in the current Merchant Shipping Fees Regulations). Payment may be made in sterling by cheque, postal or bankers order, cash (personal applications only), credit or debit card. Cheques, Postal Orders and Bankers Drafts should be made payable to the “Maritime and Coastguard Agency” and crossed “Account Payee” and “not negotiable”. Cheques and orders should be drawn at a UK bank. Please do not send cash with postal applications.
To pay by credit/debit card please complete the form at the end of this application.
Official use only
Photograph
Office of Issue, Date & Stamp
Cashier’s Stamp & Agresso Receipt number
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1. Please note that the employer’s declaration at Part D and E must be fully completed for the relevant document. An employer’s letter in place of the declaration will NOT be accepted.
Photocopied, faxed or scanned versions of the application form cannot be accepted.
2. With each application you should send:
(a) Passport-sized photographs (see note 7 about photographs)
(b) The appropriate fee
(c) If applying for a British Seaman’s Card a United Kingdom passport or birth certificate (certified copies are acceptable) OR any document issued by a British Government representative or by the Home Office proving your right of abode in the United Kingdom.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR GUIDANCE
3. Postal applications can only be processed at the Registry of Shipping and Seamen as below.
Registry of Shipping and Seamen
Anchor Court
Keen Road
Cardiff
CF24 5JW Telephone: 029 20448844
4. Discharge Book Notes
Do NOT apply for a Discharge Book
(a) If you already have one which has been issued under the Merchant Shipping (Seaman’s Documents Regulations unless it is full and you are applying for a continuation book;
(b) If you are employed in a vessel which does not go to sea;
(c) If you are employed in a pleasure vessel and receive no wages for your employment;
(d) If you are employed in vessels engaged on coastal voyages around the UK solely for the purpose of trials of the vessel, its machinery or equipment, where you are not ordinarily employed as a master or seaman;
(e) If you are in the employment of the Crown and are not ordinarily employed as a master or seaman;
(f) If you are employed in a vessel solely in connection with the construction, alteration, repair or testing of the vessel and are not on an unregistered vessel;
(g) If you are employed on an unregistered vessel;
(h) If you are a non-UK seafarer employed on a non-UK registered vessel;
(i) If you hold a document containing substantially the same information, issued by one of the Governments listed below:
Bangladesh
Barbados
Canada
Falkland Islands
Fiji
Ghana
Guyana
Hong Kong
India
Republic of Ireland
Isle of Man
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Saint Lucia
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Tanzania
Tonga
Trinidad & Tobago
Tuvalu
Western Samoa
Zambia
5. British Seaman’s Card Notes
Do NOT apply for a British Seaman’s Card
(a) If you work in a ship belonging to a general lighthouse authority;
(b) If you receive little or no wages (but do apply if you are a cadet);
(c) If you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom or a British protected person working on a ship registered outside the united Kingdom, the Channel Isles, the Isle of Man or any colony, protectorate, protected state or associated state;
(d) If you hold a valid seaman’s identity document issued by the Government or a representative of any country listed below:
Antigua & Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Botswana
Canada
Republic of Cyprus
Dominica
Falkland Islands
Fiji
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
Guyana
Hong Kong
India
Republic of Ireland
Isle of Man
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Lesotho
Malawi
Malta
Mauritius
Nauru
New Zealand
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
Sri Lanka
Swaziland
Tanzania
Tonga
Trinidad & Tobago
Tuvalu
Uganda
Vanuatu
Western Samoa
Zambia
Zimbabwe
6. Personal Applications
If you wish to obtain a Discharge Book or British Seaman’s Card in person you need to visit either your nearest Marine Office or the Registry of Shipping and Seamen in person. Personal applications are more expensive than postal ones. Please ensure that you telephone to book an appointment PRIOR to attending.
Aberdeen Marine Office
Marine House
Blaikies Quay
ABERDEEN
AB11 5EZ
TEL: 01224 597900
FAX: 01224 571920
Hull Marine Office
Crosskill House
Mill Lane
BEVERLEY
HU17 9JB
TEL: 01482 866606
FAX: 01482 869989
Glasgow Marine Office
1st Floor Westpoint One
Westpoint Business Park
1 Marchfield Drive
PAISLEY
Renfrewshire
PA3 2RB
TEL: 0141 887 6430
FAX: 0141 842 1258
Liverpool Marine Office
Hall Road West
Crosby
LIVERPOOL
L23 8SY
TEL: 0151 9316600
FAX: 0151 9316615
Tyne Marine Office
Compass House
Tyne Dock
SOUTH SHIELDS
NE34 9PY
TEL: 0191 4969900
FAX: 0191 4969901
Southampton Marine Office
Spring Place
105 Commercial Road
SOUTHAMPTON
SO15 1EG
TEL: 02380 329329
FAX: 02380 329351
Orpington Marine Office
Ground Floor, Block B
Berwick House
Knoll Rise
ORPINGTON
Kent BR6 0EL
TEL: 01689 890400
FAX: 01689 890446
PLEASE NOTE:
FACILITIES TO PAY BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCAL MARINE OFFICE. PLEASE ASK WHEN BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT.
7. Photographs
(a) You will need to supply a (colour not black and white) photograph for each document you are applying for (Discharge Book and/or British Seaman’s Card) plus an additional one for filing.
(b) The photographs should be taken full face without a hat and should be printed on photographic paper, un-mounted. Photographs must be of clear exposure.
(c) Scanned and printed photographs will NOT be accepted.
(d) Unless you are sending a valid United Kingdom Passport (endorsed to show you have the right of abode) with your application, the person who countersigns your application should also endorse the back of one of your photographs with the words: I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE LIKENESS OF Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms or Title and add his/her signature.
8. Counter Signatory
Part F should be completed by a Member of Parliament, a Justice of the Peace, minister of religion, medical or legal practitioner, established civil servant, bank official, public official, police officer, head or senior official of a shipping company, union official or any other person of similar standing who is a British subject and has known you personally for at least 2 years. A member of your family should NOT countersign your photograph or application form. In the case of foreign applicants who do not reside in the UK a certified copy of your passport signed by your company or a notary public is acceptable.
9. Height Conversion Chart (ft/m)
1.45 5.7
1.70 4.10
1.47 5.8
1.73 4.11
1.50 5.9
1.75 5.0
1.52 5.10
1.78 5.1
1.55 5.11
1.80 5.2
1.57 6.0
1.83 5.3
1.60 6.1
1.85 5.4
1.63 6.2
1.88 5.5
1.65 6.3
1.90 5.6
1.68 6.4
REQUEST TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD
SEAFARER NAME
SEAFARER D.O.B
CARDS ACCEPTED Please tick the appropriate box below to indicate the chosen method
Maestro Visa MasterCard Access Delta
Card Number
Start Date
Expiry Date
Maestro Issue Number
Security Code
Name of Card Holder
Address of Card Holder Postcode
Telephone Number
Email Address
Amount to be charged

SIGNATURE:
DATE:
For official use only
Card Input
Authorisation Code
Signature & Date
ALL INFORMATION ABOVE HERE TO BE HELD SECURELY
 .................................................. .................................................. ...........................
SEAFARER NAME
SEAFARER D.O.B.
FEE:
Agresso Fee Receipt Stamp

Ivan Cloherty
25th February 2016, 09:03 AM
Glad I didn't lose mine!

Chris Ellison
9th March 2016, 10:28 PM
Just got may Dad's - Brian Ellison from National Archives online for 7
Nice and easy Give it a go

Chris