PDA

View Full Version : If Titanic were today:

Keith at Tregenna
8th January 2016, 09:31 PM
Posted here rather than as a joke as it has an element of humour but seriously sums up many today taking selfies etc everywhere and anywhere.

gray_marian
8th January 2016, 09:59 PM
A parent with a pushchair texting annoys me too:(

Keith at Tregenna
8th January 2016, 10:07 PM
The texting is bad enough but, when driving I see so many that half turn to cross the road, with out looking push out the pushchair near on to the road. When you brake as to be careful, no thanks that you stopped for them in case, just a look as if they have a right to endanger a child and stop traffic. Had you carried on and they continued, you would be seen as in the wrong. Save a child's life and use the crossing a little further on safely. I do see similar with phone in hand and or texting.

happy daze john in oz
9th January 2016, 05:28 AM
Do not be disturbed by this, I heard a classic on the cruise.
Before sailing all passengers have to attend life boat drill, it is a requirement under international maratime law.
There we were being instructed in what to do in the event of an emergency, how to put on a life belt and where to go to board life boats if required.
One 'lady' was heard to say,
'Do you think if there had been life boat drill on the Titanic it may not have sunk'???????????????????

You just CANNOT legislate for idiots.

Des Taff Jenkins
10th January 2016, 03:52 AM
Hi John.
One of the biggest shortages in the world today is common sense.
Cheers Des
One example is the chief of police in Victoria saying the new speed cameras are not a revenue raiser, this after being caught and fined speeding on that very highway.
Cheers Des

Keith at Tregenna
13th January 2016, 04:00 PM

Ivan Cloherty
13th January 2016, 05:54 PM

As I'm not a texter, haven't a clue what its about

Keith at Tregenna
13th January 2016, 05:59 PM
That is what it is about. LOL. K

Keith at Tregenna
11th February 2016, 11:55 PM

Keith at Tregenna
3rd April 2016, 11:14 AM
Mum: BIAM
Me: What's BIAM?
Mum: Back in a minute LMAO
Me: OK, CU IAM!
Mum: What's CU IAM?
Me: Lol See you in a minute
Mum: Never mind, forgot where I was going

Des Taff Jenkins
4th April 2016, 01:54 AM
Hi Marian
Notice how the women of today have the child facing forward in stead of looking at it's mother.
Cheers Des

A parent with a pushchair texting annoys me too:(

happy daze john in oz
4th April 2016, 05:52 AM
Hi Marian
Notice how the women of today have the child facing forward in stead of looking at it's mother.
Cheers Des

Thius is nothing more than a safety device. While the mother is busy with the smart phone texting or other wise the child can look out for dangers ahead.

Keith at Tregenna
4th April 2016, 08:27 AM
Many a true word said in jest.