PDA

View Full Version : Mein Schiff in Liverpool.

Jim Brady
19th September 2015, 07:56 PM
First visit for this ship and she will be the last cruise ship this year.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Gallery: Magnificent cruise ship Mein Schiff 4 visits Liverpool - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gallery-magnificent-cruise-ship-mein-10091265)

Captain Kong
20th September 2015, 08:42 AM
I do not think I will sail on it, can you imagine paying to be on a german ship.?
full of germans.
one of my ideas of being in hell. only one thing worse that would be on a French cruise ship.
full of frenchies.

This year on the `Statendam,` out of San Diego, first dinner, the Matre`D put us on a table with two frogs and two germans. both speaking French to each other across us as we were sat in the middle.
We got up and saw the Matre`D and told him we did not like to be with frogs and germans, He said `I don't like Germans and the French`, He was from Holland. [they were on our side in the War].
He then took us to a very nice table and that was the one for the voyage.
Cheers
Brian

John Arton
20th September 2015, 09:04 AM
Jim B
When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was Liverpool harbouring a new German political party LOL.
Seems a bit early for the cruising season to finish, here on the Tyne we get them all the way up to Christmas, both arriving and starting, mainly for Scandinavian cruises up to the North Cape etc. and also for Scandinavian tourists coming to do their Christmas shopping.
rgds
JA

john gill
20th September 2015, 09:36 AM
#3 ' My Ship.' Must have taken the Teutonic owners of that vessel an eternity to come up with that title.

Chris Allman
20th September 2015, 09:57 AM
Apparently the Ship Owners have got a sister ship being built, its to be called ' Das Boot ' :bigsmile:

john sutton
20th September 2015, 10:13 AM
used to be called mein kamph

Dennis McGuckin
20th September 2015, 03:54 PM
#2 Brian.Wife and I were on a cruise some years back.
Were seated with a German and his wife, and a Jewish couple.
They had both been in a concentration camp during the war.
The German was an ex skipper in their MN.
By chance I met an old shipmate who happened to be the head barman.
Free drinks for the duration of the trip, and a bottle of wine every dinner.
The Hun was quite put out.
The Jewish couple were very pleased to have us with them.
As you can imagine.There were a few tense moments.

- - - Updated - - -

Cruise ships still coming into Vancouver.
Three docked this morning.

Ron Kendall
20th September 2015, 09:33 PM
Mein Schiff 7 and 8, are being built, Mein Schiff 1 and 2 are to be run by Thomson, also TUI owned, when 7 and 8 are ready. and from June next, the Splendour of the seas, becomes the Thomson Discovery. I believe that Tui are to do away with the Thomson and First Choice brand names also from next year.no doubt this will cost millions,as it did when Airtours became My Travel some years back.