PDA

View Full Version : Leo Madigan 1939-2015

john walker
27th July 2015, 01:46 PM
It is with deep regret that I post of the death of my old shipmate Leo. He crossed the bar on the 25/7/2015. I sailed with Leo in 1970 and he had been a good friend for the last 45 years. He was a member of this site and he enjoyed a lot of the posts by others but never posted his own comments. He was the only person that I knew who had sailed in various capacities in deck, engine room & catering departments. R.I.P.

Captain Kong
27th July 2015, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear that John
RIP Leo.
Brian

Doc Vernon
27th July 2015, 07:38 PM
Sad to loose a good Friend JW ,they are hard to come across !
Sincere Condolences to the immediate Family and Good Friends too!
May he now sail away to the places he knew and loved !
Calm Waters!
Sincerely
Doc

John Callon
27th July 2015, 09:24 PM
So sorry to hear of Leo crossing the bar. Its always sad when one of our members passes on. My sincere condolences to his family.
Regards
John C

Trader
28th July 2015, 03:55 PM
Hi John, what ships did Leo sail on as the name rings a bell.?

Alec.

Charlie Hannah
29th July 2015, 02:34 AM
Condolences, to Leo's family and friends.R.I.P.

john walker
29th July 2015, 05:45 AM
Hi Alec there is a full list of the ships and rating on the crew list post. He also published a novel and earned a living as an author and short story writer. If you were ever around dock street/ Prescot street in the 70's/80's you might have met him as that was his pool and he had a flat there. Cheers J.W.

Trader
30th July 2015, 12:55 AM
Thanks for that John, just checked my discharge book and find I was on the Blenheim, Fred Olsen Lines with Leo In 1971. We were running from Millwall Dock to Canary Islands (Tenerife, Las Palmas etc.) doing fortnightly cruises and also carrying General cargo outward and Tomatoes, Bananas and New Potatoes homeward. Leo was a Greaser and I was on deck, he wasn't there long but he must have made an impression on me to have remembered him after 44 years. Just Googled him as well, very impressive.

Regards......Alec Sheldon.

john walker
31st July 2015, 10:59 AM
Sorry trader I should have put the my ships thread instead of crew list, any way you found the post which Leo had posted. You are right about google information on him it is quite impressive.

Richard Quartermaine
31st July 2015, 11:19 AM
RIP Leo Madigan, a wandering minstrel from Aotearoa. Sincere condolences to your family and friends. https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Frank20.
Richard