PDA

View Full Version : Swansea 1966

judith george
9th July 2015, 12:33 AM
Watch Swansea - panorama and pastiche 1966 — BFI Player (http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-swansea-panorama-and-pastiche-1966/#.VZ2-exbRZ-U.facebook)

hope this works this is a film of Swansea and surrounding area's

judith

Doc Vernon
9th July 2015, 04:44 AM
Again unfortunately this is not available in Australia Judith!
Cheers and thanks again anyway!

Red Lead Ted
9th July 2015, 05:20 PM
Watch Swansea - panorama and pastiche 1966 €” BFI Player (http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-swansea-panorama-and-pastiche-1966/#.VZ2-exbRZ-U.facebook)

hope this works this is a film of Swansea and surrounding area's

judith

Judith, I remember well sailing into Swansea dock to pay off, Just before xmas 1975, The thing that sticks in my mind more than anything was the train journey home to Liverpool, I must agree there are some beautiful sights on that journey using local trains, I enjoyed that thanks Terry.:thumbsup:

Des Taff Jenkins
10th July 2015, 01:25 AM
HI Judith.
Got the Floral emblem up but wouldn't play, I agreed to the cookies but to no avail. Thank you for posting it.
Cheers Des

judith george
10th July 2015, 06:09 PM
Doc,Des so gutted it wouldn't play for you there is a download called zenmate that has been suggested to sort this problem out might be worth a look Des Swansea would have been as you remembered it castle gardens,patti pavillion (Indian restaurant now) and all the rest that's gone now

judith

Des Taff Jenkins
11th July 2015, 12:55 AM
Hi Judith.
The last time I was there we took my sister too, I think, the Castle Gardens restaurant, or one near there, Other than rebuilding after the war Swansea hadn't changed much from when I left there in 1957, still had the pier at Mumbles but a new lifeboat ramp. Spent my holidays at Three Cliffs, I have done a painting of it, still look at it with fond memories.
Cheers Des

Red Lead Ted
15th July 2015, 09:29 PM
Judith, All the lads during the 60s and 70s disco era will tell you Swansea was a great run ashore for a ships crew, And from my experience the local girls enjoyed it as much as we did Terry.