PDA

View Full Version : Wait till "Captain Kong" reads this....

gray_marian
20th March 2015, 02:13 AM
Genetic study reveals 30% of white British DNA has German ancestry | Science | The Guardian (http://gu.com/p/46mmv)

happy daze john in oz
20th March 2015, 04:23 AM
Well if he knows you found that bit out you may just find you will be excommunicated or worse by his good self

Rodney Mills
20th March 2015, 07:47 PM
Maid Marian, you beat me to it. I'm not sure if Boltonstani is in Central England or not, if it is, he's gonna faint.

Central and Southern England, 40% 'froggy French,' 11% Danes, and 9% Belgian.

For the full text:

Genetic study reveals 30% of white British DNA has German ancestry | Science | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/18/genetic-study-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry)

Cheers, Rodney

Still, the Captain claims it's 99.7% Western Oriental Gentlemen today.

gray_marian
20th March 2015, 08:08 PM
Rodney, Bolton, NW England, Greater Manchester

happy daze john in oz
21st March 2015, 05:18 AM
I believe Boltonstan is in the Caliphate of 'hey you' who according to Kong is a gov employee, well he gets his Giro via them so he must be.

Doc Vernon
22nd March 2015, 04:42 AM
Rather you than me in the Hot seat Marian when the Capt reads this!
Cheers

Des Taff Jenkins
22nd March 2015, 05:14 AM
Hi Marion.
That's an interesting fact, especially as I was recently told by my Dr that I have Viking ancestry, no wonder no one could understand what I was saying when I used to be drunk.
Cheers Des

Braid Anderson
22nd March 2015, 10:22 AM
I'm sure the good Captain can take it in his stride. He's surviving his present neighbours isn't he? Mind you, I suppose he gets away from them often enough.

Frederick Lacey
22nd March 2015, 12:30 PM
Brian can still keep his "K" and change his name to "Captain Kraut".

Braid Anderson
22nd March 2015, 02:41 PM
#9...Now you're in trouble Frederick (The Great?)

Rodney Mills
22nd March 2015, 05:25 PM
If the Captain is from the North, as Maid Marian said. He's 40% "froggy French."

Cheers, Rodney

Good Job I emigrated before the study came out, I'm still me.

Cheers, Rodney

Captain Kong
22nd March 2015, 05:54 PM
I have done my family tree on both Mothers and Fathers sides. They both go back over 1,500 years, with a little Celtic Welsh thrown in from the side., all the way to the early pre Viking days in Ormskirk.
NO froggy french or kraut soiling my DNA. I am 100% Brit.
When I joined my cruise on Friday 13 February, the Matre D on our first dinner on sailing, put us on a table with TWO germans and TWO froggy speaking Belgians. MY Nightmare.
We were off like a shot,
Where is that Matre D?
I played hell with him, He soon found me a table for two. He was a Dutchman. he said he didn't like the germans and belgians either.
We became friends after that.
Cheers
Brian.

Doc Vernon
22nd March 2015, 05:59 PM
Hello Capt
Welcome back mate,i dare say you had a great trip with lots to tell us !
Glad to have you back on Board !
Cheers

Missed the good stories!