PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Meet-Up 6th June.

Jim Brady
15th March 2015, 06:16 PM
A new thread please use this in future to register your name if you intend to attend.Names so far.I forgot to add the meet-up is on a Saturday kick off around about 1pm at the Pen& Wig Harrington Street Liverpool admission free (unless you decide to go downstairs to Aphrodites lap dancing club)
AJ and Steve.
John A Evans.
John Pruden & Sons (2)
George.
Colin.
Syd & Sue.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
15th March 2015, 07:57 PM
jim my op has been moved to this Friday instead of april so I should be fighting fit{I hope} in this Thursday op Friday so I will be off site for a while?jp

Doc Vernon
15th March 2015, 09:29 PM
Once again Jim I really wish I could be there,but Alas! still not ready and to think I could have spent my 75th Birthday there with all you nice Guys,which is only three days later!
Hope that the list will grow fast and that whoever attends will have another great meet!
I am sure you all will!
Think of poor old me! LOL:)
Cheers

AJ Hawker
27th March 2015, 11:14 AM
Jim,
Sorry to let you know that Steve and myself at this moment in time cannot make the Liverpool meet, if we can make it will let you know, so have a pint for me, and wish you all well and have a good day.
Cheers AJ & Steve.

Jim Brady
27th March 2015, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear you cannot be there AJ I was looking forward to seeing you and Steve,fingers crossed you may still make it.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
27th March 2015, 03:59 PM
I don't think I will be able to go, It is only just over a week after we have had three days at the Titanic Hotel for the Cunard.
Cheers
Brian.

Jim Brady
27th March 2015, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear that Brian another good member gone adrift.
Regards.
jim.B.

Lou Barron
27th March 2015, 10:42 PM
Come on guys support this meet up if it was not so far away i would be there

stevesherratt
28th March 2015, 08:44 PM
Dear Jim,

Thanks for pinning the date down Saturday 6th June.

Sue and I will be there and looking forward to meeting up with you all and having a jar or two and a swing of the lantern.

Regards

Steve and Sue

R770014
South Derbyshire

Jim Brady
28th March 2015, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear you can make it Steve,looking forward to seeing you and Sue again,the last time was at the Atlantic.
Regards.
jim.B.

Lou Barron
18th April 2015, 01:03 AM
Have not seen my good friend Jim Brady on the site for awhile hope you are ok Jim

Captain Kong
18th April 2015, 08:23 AM
I think he may have gone to Croatia to see his son.
Cheers
Brian

Jim Brady
18th April 2015, 09:40 AM
Well chaps Cappy mentioned a week or so ago that he had not seen me on line and john Gill replied maybe he has gone ashore for a loaf and got lost.I didn't get lost going for a loaf but I got lost down some black hole for eight days due to what the doctor said was a "water infection" I've never known anything like it drifting in and out of sleep and fevers.I know at it's peak I thought this is the worst that I have ever felt in my life and on a couple of occasions my wife was on the verge of calling an ambulance as she thought I had pneumonia.I always thought a water infection was some mild thing which caused some discomfort when going for a pee,since suffering this I've been reading up on it and it can be quite a serious thing.I noticed it was an effort getting dressed puffing and blowing and out of breath I thought this is after three weeks of being inactive so as I got better I thought I better start getting some exercise,I'l start with walking to the shop for my paper.not to far shop there and back but by the time I got back to the house I was knackered and blowing for tugs.I then read this infection can cause chronic fatigue and the answer is rest not pushing it.Anyway that's the story of my water infection and I wonder if any of you have had the misfortune of suffering this and if so was it as severe as what I suffered.The fevers were one where I would wake up soaking wet with sweat and hot and the other where my body was crunched up and I was iced cold and shaking like a leaf.Anyway I turned to the best medicine ever yesterday I got my wife to run me down to the pub to meet up with my mates and get a good few pints of John Smiths down me,that should flush me out.
Whilst I was at the doctors the doctor asked could he examine me for prostate problems,I gave him the OK. he confirmed prostate enlarged,nothing unusual in that for my age 8 out of 10 men apparently what I need now is a clear or favourable PSA result.I went for the blood test yesterday but I wouldn't let the nurse carry it out because there is still a water infection present so will have to wait until that clears up.So that's the reason for me being AWOL and thanks to those who have been in touch I was looking in and fancied replying to some post's but never had the energy todo so.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Keith Tindell
18th April 2015, 10:06 AM
Good on ya Jim, take it easy, and glad to have you back. As far as a enlarged prostate is concerned, the test not pleasant as you know, but i have the same problem and am on tablets called petyme (very appropiate ), but is not sinister in guys our age the Dr said. So best of luck and a quick recovery, regards KT

Ivan Cloherty
18th April 2015, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems Jim, but glad you're on the road to recovery, welcome back

Captain Kong
18th April 2015, 11:32 AM
Sorry to hear of that illness Jim, not heard of it before.
hope it clears up soon, Getting old is like walking through a minefield.
All the best.
Brian.

John Callon
18th April 2015, 12:06 PM
Sorry to read that you have not been too well lately Jim. Like Brian I have never heard of that illness before, it certainly sounds quite nasty. Take care, none of us are getting any younger so its as well to look after yourself. Wishiung you a speedy recovery.
Regards
John C.

George
18th April 2015, 02:18 PM
Jim, Sorry to hear of your ill health, and hope all goes well for you. Get well soon mate.
George
in Southampton

John Albert Evans
18th April 2015, 02:53 PM

Jim I had a similar thing about 4 years ago and like Keith I was put on Petyme and it cleared it up right away. I have been on it ever since, one tablet a day. It makes me pee properly,but if I miss one pill it comes back straight away, the pain, other than that everythings ok.
Hope you get everything sorted out soon and it clears up. See you on the 6th.June.

John

Jim Brady
18th April 2015, 03:05 PM
Thanks for that info John I will certainly take on board what you and Keith advised and see the doctor about that petyme tablet on my next visit.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Chris Allman
18th April 2015, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear of your illness Jim, glad to see you back again. Good luck with the PSA test.

Chris.

cappy
18th April 2015, 05:48 PM
sorry about your upset jim ....a water infection can really put your system awry......but the medicines today are incredibly good ........you should soon be ok .........missed your good scouse patter......i know your judy .......the lovely mrs brady ....will be looking after you laa........gaan canny.......regards cappy

Doc Vernon
18th April 2015, 05:54 PM
Good to see you back up and running Jim!
Thanks for the posting!
Cheers

Charlie Hannah
19th April 2015, 01:11 AM
Good to hear your coming good Jim.I have been taking A Moduretic tablet for a while now the only tablet i take.Keeps the flow going.

Brenda Shackleton
19th April 2015, 04:59 PM
Get well soon, Jim.
We ladies are prone to these infections. Not nice. Lay off the tea and coffee and alcohol sorry about that) Plenty of water and cranberry juice. Nothing acidic. Keep flushing your plumbing. !
All will be well. Soon , I hope.
Regards
Brenda
ps. Ante-natal Clinics always wanted samples. I remember one lady had hers in a thermos flask because she thought it had to be kept warm............. Lots of other stories but not fit for a lady to put into print !

Red Lead Ted
19th April 2015, 06:17 PM
I echo all the well wishes Jim, Hope your back on your feet ASAP Terry.

John Pruden
19th April 2015, 06:22 PM
jim you will be fighting fit I know I will gilly make extra ribs 2 of my lads are coming and they can eat? jp

Red Lead Ted
19th April 2015, 07:08 PM
Good to hear your coming good Jim.I have been taking A Moduretic tablet for a while now the only tablet i take.Keeps the flow going.

Charlie, Moduretic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt if { Magnet Magnetism, Master Mind, } Could work that one out, :I-Am-Smiling:

Charlie Hannah
20th April 2015, 04:44 AM
Its a Duretic Ted,for fluid.Also used for blood pressure but i don't have problem with blood pressure.

Ivan Cloherty
20th April 2015, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Brenda Shackleton;199733]
ps. Ante-natal Clinics always wanted samples. /QUOTE]

Apologies first Brenda, but couldn't resist

Two ladies fighting in the street, policeman comes up and says 'now then! now then! what's all this about'

Lady 1 said 'Well I is pregnant and the doctor told me to bring a sample, not wanting to appear ignorant I said yes, but didn't know what he meant. Well I asked Liza here what's a sample and she told me to go pizz in a bottle, so I told her to sheet in her hat and that's how the fight started!'

Jim Brady
21st April 2015, 08:59 AM
Maritime Festival is running from 5th-7th June if any of you are attending on the Saturday why not pop into the Pen & Wig and meet up with some of the chaps on here.
Regards.
Jim.B..First details of Maritime Festival which is coming to Livepool in June - Liverpool Echo (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/first-details-maritime-festival-coming-9086246)

AJ Hawker
21st April 2015, 03:13 PM
Nice to see you up and running Jim, hope you have fully recovered all the best.
AJ

Mick O'Brien
25th April 2015, 06:28 PM
Hi Jim.
And the Lads The Mad one has just booked his train ticket, so get the beers in.

mick the mad manc

Jim Brady
25th April 2015, 06:49 PM
Hi Mick,Ive been waiting for you to pop in and put your name forward,so we now have an official photographer.Looking forward to seeing you Mick as the rest of the boys will be I'm sure.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Mick O'Brien
25th April 2015, 06:54 PM
yep jim the official photographer will be there. And one is looking forward to seeing every one.

All the best
Mick.

Doc Vernon
25th April 2015, 10:07 PM
Oh no again I will miss Mick to slick! LOL
have a great time Lads!
One day yes one day!
Cheers

Lou Barron
26th April 2015, 01:58 AM
Good on you Mick and to you Vernon hope you can make it one day

Jim Brady
29th April 2015, 08:59 AM
I had a phone call yesterday from John Doran he will be there on the 6th and looking forward to seeing his old mates again.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
29th April 2015, 10:30 AM
jim whatever condition I will be in I will be there fighting fit and gilly fetch plenty of your wife's ribs mines all bust at the back and got to put 2 stone back on?have you smoked that cigar yet?:p jp

Jim Brady
29th April 2015, 08:08 PM
Running the meet-ups means popping into the P&W now and then showing ones face and getting a bit familiar with the staff not a bad little job realy.Due to some other commitments that have cropped up I will not be able to get to the P&W on the run-in to the meet-up so Gilly has thankfully agreed to do the honours and visit the venue and keep the staff reminded of the date how many we are expecting and providing sarnies for same.I will be there on the day.So things are going ahead as normal.
Regards.
Jim.B.

By the way we could do with a few more names so if you haven't put your name in the hat don't think about it go ahead and do it.

john gill
29th April 2015, 08:41 PM
jim whatever condition I will be in I will be there fighting fit and gilly fetch plenty of your wife's ribs mines all bust at the back and got to put 2 stone back on?have you smoked that cigar yet?:p jp

Ribs are nearly done JP,so hang on in there. Not quite got through my foot-long yet,still goes down a treat when I do my Groucho Marx impression down the pub.
Gilly

John Pruden
29th April 2015, 08:46 PM
see you there john and sorry AJ no paintings this year cant get into my loft yet// jp

Jim Brady
2nd May 2015, 06:53 PM
I had a message from Gilly this morning he called into the P&W yesterday,he made himself known to the manager (Jed) and discussed the meet up with him.Very favourable and Jed said that he will put a good buffet on for us,obviously we need to know numbers to inform Jed of how many to cater for.So far I have 15 names who will be attending I will list them here if you are not on the list and wish to attend please forward your name.
George.
Colin.
Syd & Sue.
Steve & Sue.
John A Evans.
Mick The Mad Manc.
John Doran.
John Pruden & Sons (2)
Gilly.
Ginger.
Jim Brady.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
2nd May 2015, 07:46 PM
Not too sure if I can attend, If I can I will but if I can I will let you know.
Cheers
Brian

Jim Brady
2nd May 2015, 08:24 PM
Brian no problem if you just turn up on speck.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
2nd May 2015, 08:31 PM
gilly if you run out of ribs you can have a few of mine I can still feel them moving on their own?:p jp

Doc Vernon
2nd May 2015, 08:40 PM
Gosh you lucky lot!
How I really wish that I could be there with you all,it would just complete my
life! Really!!
Have fun Lads and don't forget the Ginger Beers for me! LOL:)

George.
Colin.
Syd & Sue.
Steve & Sue.
John A Evans.
Mick The Mad Manc.
John Doran.
John Pruden & Sons (2)
Gilly.
Ginger.
Jim Brady. and now possibly Capt (Brian ) too!!!

Cheers and enjoy the beers!

Lou Barron
9th May 2015, 01:01 AM
Have a good time you guys no going down stairs

Jim Brady
22nd May 2015, 01:10 PM
Final call and reminder of the meet-up a week tomorrow 6th June.Anyone who hasn't put their name down but fancies turning up please do so.If you turn up on speck I cant promise that you will get a taste of gilly's wife's well talked about spare ribs but there will be sarnies on hand.I'm sure there could be some ribs spare as well.Gilly has gone to the Pen & Wig today to make the final arrangements.I'l see you there next week ladies and lads.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
22nd May 2015, 01:24 PM
I wont be able to make it this time, My son is coming up from Portsmouth to a Liver Conference in Manchester on Friday the 5th and will be staying here until Sunday.
Maybe Gilly will bring some of his wife`s spare Ribs to the TITANIC over the weekend.
Cheers
Brian.

John Pruden
22nd May 2015, 02:49 PM
jim 2 weeks tomorrow?? jp

john gill
22nd May 2015, 05:20 PM
#51- you're correct JP- fortnight tomorrow, I think Jim must be mixing Tramadol with the John Smiths.
Gilly

john gill
22nd May 2015, 05:37 PM
I wont be able to make it this time, My son is coming up from Portsmouth to a Liver Conference in Manchester on Friday the 5th and will be staying here until Sunday.
Maybe Gilly will bring some of his wife`s spare Ribs to the TITANIC over the weekend.
Cheers
Brian.

Sorry Kong.Surely a man of your experience would be aware that the Spare Rib Hunting Season won't begin for another fortnight. Anyone found poaching can expect severe penalties.(denizens of a certain street in Boltonistan need not be concerned). Gilly

Jim Brady
22nd May 2015, 05:48 PM
Sorry chaps two weeks tomorrow is right it must be these antibiotics that I am still on.I'm glad it's two weeks away, anyway I've been out today to test the gear and I just about managed three pints of John Smiths so hopefully in two weeks I'l be back on form.Sorry Brian you will not be getting any spare ribs this week at the Titanic Hotel they are reserved for the meet-up at the Pen&Wig so if you want to indulge in Mrs Gills renowned delicacy you will have to make that trip from Boltonistan to Liverpool,well worth the trip I may add..
Regards.
jim.B.

Lou Barron
23rd May 2015, 01:55 AM
Boyho am i going to miss this meetup any chance of sending a couple of ribs over

Ivan Cloherty
23rd May 2015, 07:59 AM
Boyho am i going to miss this meetup any chance of sending a couple of ribs over

Lou be careful what you wish for, remember according to a certain book Adam had a couple of spare ribs and his boss made them into a woman

John Pruden
23rd May 2015, 08:04 AM
lou i have a couple of ribs going spare ??:p jp

john gill
23rd May 2015, 08:54 AM
Some do enjoy a bit of spare.

Jim Brady
6th June 2015, 05:51 PM
Just got back from the meet-up all hands enjoyed themselves it was nice to see them all again and plenty of craic going on.I want to thank Gilly for organising the day a very good buffet was laid on and Gilly managed to get the bar at happy hour prices the bar staff realy made us feel welcome and looked after us.But the highlight of the day to all hands is the spare ribs supplied and cooked by gilly's good lady,they went down a treat.Somebody suggested that we have a minutes silence for Lou but as I said at the time that it would not be appropriate in the surroundings,to give you an idea there was a stag party there a gang of lads from Ebbw Vale plus another gang of lads having a drink.Dont get me wrong they weren't boisterous in anyway but the crowds are still there.Even to give a speech regarding Lou would've been a bit difficult so we all stood together and George gave a few words we raised our glasses to Lou and photos were taken which will be posted.All in all a good meet-up and I'm sure those that attended will want to do it all again.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
6th June 2015, 06:03 PM
Some do enjoy a bit of spare.mick will still be sucking on his in Salford??:p best company you lads together you could wish for? I may take the mick{well I would have taken him to the dock} but all in good fun no malice to anyone..jp

Keith at Tregenna
6th June 2015, 06:10 PM

Just read this: K.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a good time you guys no going down stairs

Cheers Lou: K