PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day

j.sabourn
26th January 2015, 04:33 AM
Today is Australia Day Down Under. Many thousands all over Australia will be taking an Oath of Allegiance to Australia and receiving their citizenship certificates. There are many nationalities amongst them, if I had my way each one would receive a recording of their oaths of Allegiance and another copy kept for any future requirements. Apart from that most Australians welcome them with open arms and hope they find their future life in this great country gives them great satisfaction. I have a friend who is 83 and believe he is in a group from this area and also the oldest, so hope they don't keep him waiting around in the hot sun too long. Tonight I suppose all the firework displays will be going off all around Australia in celebration, would be sight to see from space I would imagine. Its a wonder the Greenies don't kick up about the pollution and adverse climate effect they may have. Cheers and the best of luck to all who have the operation and have their brain removed. JS

happy daze john in oz
26th January 2015, 04:41 AM
But John, here in Melbourne they do, if they had their way we would all be under a palm tree making grass skirts. But we had a good day, apart from the crap weather however talk back radio was all about Prince Phillip an d his knighthood. They forget that it is only an honary one and there are many countries that give out similar to overseas heads of state. Apart from that all is well......................I think

Richard Quartermaine
26th January 2015, 04:52 AM
Well you two cobbers seem to like it here. I wish wish they'd send the ones that don't back to their hovels.
Richard

happy daze john in oz
26th January 2015, 05:12 AM
Well you two cobbers seem to like it here. I wish wish they'd send the ones that don't back to their hovels.
Richard

They would except the US ai rforce has bombed them all away.

j.sabourn
26th January 2015, 07:07 AM
#2. See also that crackerhead Shorten immediately brought up the Republican Question. About time these politicians realized that the majority of the people are on to them. Should stop doing what they are doing and do the job they are paid to do. Instead they are always trying to throw something in the mix to flummox people into thinking something else. I don't like some of the policys put forward by the present government, but I keep reminding myself he stopped the boats which was the most important thing that the other wafflers couldn't do. The methods used were what I would advocate for the present situation in the Middle East put a blanket on it and cause the enemy no information whatsoever, instead of it being broadcast to all and sundry, let those who are paid to counteract the enemy do their jobs to the best of their ability. One of the reasons why the present government are disliked by the press as were not informed first about boat arrivals, was given out in a general communique when the government decided. Anyone who still believes that the ABC is not politically motivated must be a slow learner. If I had my way I would close the whole lot down and save the taxpayer some money. Cheers JS

j.sabourn
26th January 2015, 10:00 AM
#2... John, I should imagine the Australian Honours system works the same as the British one. As many today you have seen on TV more than likely disclaiming Prince Philips so called Knighthood most don't even know the due processes that have to be gone through. They all point the finger at T. Abbot even some in his own party, so also has duff heads there also. First of all any honours given in the very first place when Knighthoods were restarted would of had to have permission of the Queen herself. Next The Duke Of Edinburgh would of had to have been approached to see if he would accept. Then it would of had to go back to the Queen for her permission. All this correspondence would probably have gone through the Foreign Office and through the P.M. to the Queen. Anyone who imagines that Tony Abbot does it off the top of his hat, doesn't know Chalk from Cheese, and although the likes of the ABC must be fully aware of the system in place, choose to aggravate the situation by blaming Tony Abbot by such one sided broadcasts. The Media once again I say is very biased, a word I am quite partial to now as I was accused of being also. Fair is fair and although some may not agree with the honours system especially in Australia, this is the way it is. Put blame where it belongs and not blame others, especially those aware of the true facts. The Duke accepted and is probably quite chuffed, Her Majesty must be also. If people want someone to blame the buck must stop with her as Head of The Commonwealth, probably why Shorten wants to get his neb in about a Republic. Cheers John S.

happy daze john in oz
26th January 2015, 11:20 AM
Shorten, typical of some MP, when you have nothing to say throw something in, anything that you think may either get you a vote or change the subject. Like him or hate him Abbot is attempting to get the country back on an even keel, the last loy were little better than an Italian ships captain.

j.sabourn
26th January 2015, 11:38 AM
The last lot were completely useless. Were a disaster from the word go. If they had been any good I would of voted for them. But when they could not enforce the integrity of the borders they failed in their first duty as a government. Everyone assumes that one is either Labour or conservative this is not so, and the average person votes for who he thinks is going to make a better job of it. However I would not put in any leader that was an ex Union secretary on principle, even though I do agree with a trade union. Shorten to me is a nemesis and would never get my vote, apart from his past history which a lot in the Union movement keep quite about. His private life whilst his own business often shows the character of a man and to me he would also fail there also. None of us are saints but to be in public office good character is a necessity. JS

Richard Quartermaine
26th January 2015, 09:47 PM
The reasons behind aspiring politicians in this country seeking a republic you look no further than Keeting. They see themselves as presidents or in that hierarchy. Look around the world, write down the names of every president and put a tick against each one who is corrupt and worse, oh much worse, and you'll end up with more ticks than there are on a drover's dog.
Richard

Doc Vernon
26th January 2015, 11:14 PM
It was the coldest Australia day here in NSW for 50 Years!
And that's Oath mate!
Cricky whats happening! Only got to 14 degrees Top here at Blackheath and Wet too!
Today is a repeat of Yesterday a bit cooler and wetter though!
I just love this Sunburnt Country! LOL:)

Rodney Mills
27th January 2015, 01:14 AM
My wife and I spent six and a half happy years in Australia and we have many friends who we are still in communication with. Consequently, in memory of those wonderful memories and friendships the Australian flag flew outside our house today, as it has done for the last seventeen years. Friends here in South Carolina, joined us this evening for "snags on the Barbie", as they have done for years. Some have lived in Australia, the others have vacationed in Oz, and all hold Australia and its peoples in high affection, and as the snags were served we all sang a chorus of "Waltzing Matilda" and clinked a stubby of Fosters. We wish y'all the best, and may Australia always be the lucky country.

Cheers, Rodney

Doc Vernon
27th January 2015, 01:18 AM
Good on ya Cobber!
Cheers

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzEIEFatqlm5ufSFVB9q9SIstkNCS5W-JTw0usko9rZ_eXh-Ml

Richard Quartermaine
27th January 2015, 04:12 AM
You're a good bloke Rodney, you and the missus can park your swags anywhere in Australia and given five minutes and you'd have mates for miles.
Richard

happy daze john in oz
27th January 2015, 04:47 AM
So Rodders, only 6.5 years, funny thing long ago it was for keeps for many, but of course no doubt you have no marks around your ankles. LOL

Vernon, it was little better down here, it rained on the parade and for the last three day as been like the end of April not January. So much for the weathermen who told us we would have one of the hottest on record, to date it has been one of he coldest. Two days over 35 and most around the low 20's.

j.sabourn
27th January 2015, 11:07 AM
#13... Richard if that's a picture of Cappy in 1959 when he was an illegal immigrant, imagine what he looks like now. The emu must have been out of view of the lens. JS

Richard Quartermaine
27th January 2015, 11:50 AM
No John, Cappy was out at Vu(n)da Point where the Fijian maramas were dancing for him.
Richard

happy daze john in oz
27th January 2015, 11:50 AM
#15 just feel sorry for the poor bloody Emu if Mary was there with her leg.

j.sabourn
27th January 2015, 11:55 AM
They all seem to have two legs, they are out of Cappys reach. Can run too fast. Which one do you think he would start with. Apart from the slowest runner. JS

cappy
27th January 2015, 01:24 PM
No John, Cappy was out at Vu(n)da Point where the Fijian maramas were dancing for him.
Richard######why nee way richard if you look closely at them fijian beauties you will see by the hand movement they are praising the size of cappys appendage......and even dancing at the joy .......but it did take me 2 days to go through them ........there was some big lassies there....regards cappy

cappy
27th January 2015, 01:33 PM
Richard####the one at the front asked if i knew a js ......she called him her little nutcracking geordie.....regards cappy

Ivan Cloherty
27th January 2015, 02:32 PM
Looks like they are very loyal, they've all got the same hairdresser!