DEA MARIS(LIBERIAN).
UPPLAND(SWEDISH).
DRUCILLA U.(BAHAMA)
IRAN MEHR.
IRAN NIRHU(IRAN) Notes:
-

Red Lead Ted
13th January 2015, 07:22 PM
Mike, They say if there is one thing you never forget it is your discharge book number................{ LONG GONE}.:xrofl:

Doc Vernon
13th January 2015, 07:41 PM
Hello Mike G
Welcome to the site and thanks for listing your details and Ships!
Hope you have a long and enjoyable stay here with us!
Cheers

Which part of Wales are you originally from?

AJ Hawker
13th January 2015, 10:56 PM
Hi Mike
I was on the Luxor in 65 one of the best tankers that i have sailed in.
AJ

Michael Massarelli
19th January 2015, 09:59 PM
hi mike g, I was on vacuum pioneer from 1965 to 1969 yeh 4 years the run suited me them for various reasons, were you aboard during that time, I swallowed the anchor in 1969 mike m (another taffy) from north wales

Mike Griffiths
27th January 2015, 11:59 AM
Terry , On foreign flag boats I used to give the skippers my discharge book instead of my passport , in case there was ever any reason for a quick exit , sure enough I left a Liberian tanker after a little dispute , and forfeited my discharge book . I did write to try and reclaim it but drew a blank. I still have my red ID card.

Mike Griffiths
27th January 2015, 12:08 PM
AJ , My trip in 67 was one of the most memorable in my life , from the crowd(scouse) to the 6 weeks in Taikoo dry dock Hong kong. Signed on as a firebar , and discharged donkey greaser with delusions of grandeur.

Mike Griffiths
27th January 2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I born and bred in Mid Wales,Llandrindod Wells , Radnorshire, and after a lot of roaming am back in that same area

Mike Griffiths
27th January 2015, 12:39 PM
Hi Mike , I definitely on in 67 or 68 , but only did the one trip B/head-Coryton and back ,more under water than on top.Got a bollocking off the Old Man for making smoke while changing burners in port. She was the only steam up and downer I was ever on,and got off her in the lock in B/head

Mike Hall
28th January 2015, 09:33 AM
Mike
As you can see I have traced your identification discharge number.
This is the number that was on your book.

Mike

Mike Griffiths
28th January 2015, 10:52 AM
thanks very much for researching that for me, as you can see from my posts I ended up on foreign flags and my passport was the ID required , and I think I left my Discharge book on the Dea Maris in about 1970 after a short but eventful month or so. Thanks again , Mike

Doc Vernon
28th January 2015, 09:00 PM
Hello Mike G
That was the reason for me asking about where you hailed from,as I had seen on the NA Site that there were a few with that Surname.

However it is good that Mike Hall did that research,and has been able to get your correct Number from the info you supplied.

Makes the Crew list look better when all the details are there!
Thanks Mike for doing that!
Cheers