PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Quiz.

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 04:11 PM
For you Beatle fans out there how well do you know your lyrics ? try the quiz.I scored a poor 15.Also some good footage of the Fab Four and for those of you that know Liverpool the Odeon Cinema has since been demolished.
Regards.
jim.B.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/take-beatles-lyrics-quiz-see-7404670

Red Lead Ted
21st July 2014, 05:33 PM
20 scored Jim, Terry.:)

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 05:42 PM
I dont think anyone will beat that Terry.
Regards.
Jim.B.

cappy
21st July 2014, 06:00 PM
I dont think anyone will beat that Terry.
Regards.
Jim.B.scored 21 jim ....cappy

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 06:03 PM
Your some Beatles fan cappy 21 out of 22.What one did'nt you get?
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Albert Evans
21st July 2014, 06:24 PM
12 Jim:thumbsdown:

John

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 06:32 PM
Maybe you should stick with Ivan Emmanual John.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
21st July 2014, 06:39 PM
Got 23- Honest!

John Pruden
21st July 2014, 06:43 PM
Got 23- Honest! is your nose still growing john??jp

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 06:47 PM
Got 23- Honest!

YOU LITTLE FIBBER GILLY.
Regards.
Jim.B.

cappy
21st July 2014, 06:47 PM
is your nose still growing john??jp#####aye but not growing as long as that cappy

John Albert Evans
21st July 2014, 06:56 PM
Maybe you should stick with Ivan Emmanual John.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Yr win Iago, yr win.

Shwna:)

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 07:06 PM
The same to you John.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
21st July 2014, 07:10 PM
I guess I am a failure 12 true

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 07:19 PM
Brian it's the taking part that counts,or thats what we were always told.!!!
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Albert Evans
21st July 2014, 07:22 PM
The same to you John.
Regards.
Jim.B.

In English now Jim........... True Jim. true.:)
John.

Stan Carter
21st July 2014, 07:44 PM
got the first one wrong, o'h well maybe go back later and try again.
stan

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 07:59 PM
Some years ago I used to sit in the dining room with my two grandsons I'd have a beer and play some music and talk with them.I used to play the Beatles quite often and they knew most of the songs.One night i said "a pound to the boy who can tell me the name of the next song"James the eldest no problem named it.Lets have another go grandad,then it was thats four pound you owe me.Then he came up with The Ballad Of John And Yoko I knew there was no way he would know that I got up and had a look around where he was standing and there was the CD cover with the play list on it,it's no wonder he knew them.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
21st July 2014, 08:05 PM
#8- Perhaps not as long as my (as yet) unsmoked fag JP.

John Callon
21st July 2014, 08:53 PM
Hi Jim
Reading your article about the Beatles you mentioned that the Odeon cinema had been pulled down, which made quite sad reading as it was at the Odeon that I saw Bill Haley and the Comets in concert .when they toured over here for the very first time. What are they going to build there on the vacant site? Regarding the Beatles I never was much a fan of them. I remember back in the 60's I was on leave with some of the other lads from Liverpool and after the pubs closed at 3 pm we went down to Nems in Whitechapel. I started looking through the Elvis LP's, why I don't know, as I always brought the latest ones back from the States, when the lads starting ribbing me about buying Elvis stuff, and that he was history. The usual crap, anyway one of them asked how many Beatles records did I have, to which I replied none. The next thing I knew I was at the counter with a copy of "Beatles for Sale" in my hand whilst the rest of them were telling the girl that I wanted to buy it. To this day I still have the LP. I could tell you that I met the Beatles in the Cavern just after they came back from Hamburg, but everybody in Liverpool could tell you same story. However in my case it is true.
Regards
John

Keith at Tregenna
21st July 2014, 09:22 PM
The Lindisfarne Story: Touring the UK in 2014

Join Ray Laidlaw and Billy Mitchell as they tell the story of Tyneside's favourite band in a special two-man acoustic show,

http://www.lindisfarne.co.uk/

Jim Brady
21st July 2014, 09:37 PM
John C #20 I passed the site where the Odeon was recently something was going on there but for the life of me I cant remember what it was.I think that that was the last cinema in operation in the city centre,I'l watch out next time I pass there and let you know.Does anyone else on here know what's happening on that site?
Regards.
Jim B.

John Callon
21st July 2014, 10:11 PM
Many thanks for that Jim. Would really be interested to see what is going on. By the way what is all these posts about some Indian thing appearing for on the MN Site. Don't want to open one of them in case it screws the laptop up even further.
Regards
John

Keith at Tregenna
21st July 2014, 10:23 PM
Tantric texts: you thought it was all over: it is now !

gray_marian
21st July 2014, 10:24 PM
15/22, had to guess most of them, me being a tad younger:p

#20 John C. All the posts show the same message.....:violent1:

Lou Barron
22nd July 2014, 01:19 AM
When i was in Liverpool in May 2013 i stayed at the Premier Inn in the Albert Dock and right next door was a Beatles Museum .My son in law who had driven me up to Liverpool from London wanted to have a look in the museum so in we goes well it was sure worth it i really enjoyed it.

Charlie Hannah
22nd July 2014, 03:59 AM
13 the best i could do,Jim.

Doc Vernon
22nd July 2014, 05:26 AM
Had a go and as much as I loved the Beatles the best I could score on this was 17/22
Thought I knew all the words!
Oh well must be the Grey matter setting in now LOL!
Cheers

Jim Brady
22nd July 2014, 08:19 AM
To John Callon.Hi John I was'nt sure if they were making it into a car park and the attached link says it is,scroll down a bit.The writer was disappointed that it is called
The Odeon Carpark.
Regards. http://streetsofliverpool.co.uk/odeon-london-road-1954/
Jim.B.

John Pruden
22nd July 2014, 09:26 AM
17/22 POOR FOR ME THAT?? its the pills?{not pilsner} jp

John Callon
22nd July 2014, 01:16 PM
#29 Thanks for that bit of information Jim. What a pity they could not do something more inspiring with the site than a car park.
Regards
John

- - - Updated - - -

# 25. Thanks for that Marian. I did not want to open any of them as I thought it may bugger up the laptop. I am having enough trouble as it is. Been looking at getting a new one and I think that time has now arrived.
Regards
John

Jim Brady
22nd July 2014, 01:22 PM
Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.....They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Regards.
jim.B.

Rob Hollis
22nd July 2014, 03:03 PM
Never owned a Beatles record as I did not like them ... but it was not possible to escape from their music no matter which ship or port or coast you were on. So ----- just out of curiosity I did the quiz 18 from 22 and only one was a guess. Sneaky devils weren't they. If the question had been to name any of their song titles I would not have got any more than 3 or 4.

Charlie Hannah
23rd July 2014, 03:53 AM
Thats a great link youve put up there Jim cracke photo's thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Last post,should have read,Thats a great link youve put up there, Jim Streets of Liverpool cracker photo's thanks.

Doc Vernon
23rd July 2014, 04:38 AM
Indeed Charlie there are some real good 'uns there!
Oh the Nostalgia for so many!
Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I guess there are quite a few songs of the Beatles that have not been heard by many yet,here is a site that gives you some of the unpublished songs of the Beatles!
It takes a bit of time loading some of the many pages,but I persevered and enjoyed the lot!
Some of course are a nit old so the sound is not of the best!
Hope some will enjoy as I have done!
There are 2 Clips per page !
Cheers

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-09-16/20-beatles-recordings-we-want-released/

And still more !

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL88B8C93B9287266E

Red Lead Ted
31st May 2015, 11:40 PM
Never owned a Beatles record as I did not like them ... If the question had been to name any of their song titles I would not have got any more than 3 or 4.

Bob, It has been suggested by the experts that the Beatles music will be listened to for at least another 200 years, By most people my own youngest lad 26 years has everyone of there C.D.s and he is not alone youngsters the world over enjoy listening to there music, My opinion only but for me John Lennon was the Beatles, Imagine that a working class hero is something to be Terry. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone I.D. Her and her claim to fame, This could go in double quick time and then again maybe not Terry. :thumb_ship2:

Doc Vernon
1st June 2015, 12:07 AM
Loved the Beatles ,and here is another Group that I liked a lot ,not hear of much these days!
The Small Faces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeRB-3nDR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA Just love this one especially!

Cheers

Another of my all time favourites is 'No Mercy" When I Die ,this song i have requested to be played at my Funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJq36IRz3Ds

Bob Hollis
1st June 2015, 07:49 AM
Bob, It has been suggested by the experts that the Beatles music will be listened to for at least another 200 years,Terry. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone I.D. Her and her claim to fame, This could go in double quick time and then again maybe not Terry. :thumb_ship2:

Terry, I don't think any expertise would be needed to reach that conclusion. The music plus the myth and legend makes a very powerful statement in the survival of the band.

Jim Brady
1st June 2015, 08:18 AM
"No Mercy" a very strange choice Vernon whilst at the Pearly Gates.LOL.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Doc Vernon
1st June 2015, 09:48 AM
Indeed Jim
I don't think I deserve any!
But the words are great!
LOL
Cheers

Red Lead Ted
1st June 2015, 12:44 PM
Lads Post #26 I slotted a quiz question in there, I should have posted it separate if anyone fancy's a shot of identifying the 5 Masted-Schooner and her claim to fame feel free Terry.

Red Lead Ted
1st June 2015, 01:21 PM
Loved the Beatles ,and here is another Group that I liked a lot ,not hear of much these days!
The Small Faces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeRB-3nDR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ViwvgtvbA Just love this one especially!

Cheers

Another of my all time favourites is 'No Mercy" When I Die ,this song i have requested to be played at my Funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJq36IRz3Ds

Vern, A few facts for you on The Small Faces, A band I like very much,
They where managed by Don Arden...........Sharon Osborn's Father.
The band got there name from a song by the Yard birds, 8 Mile High.
They changed there name from the Small Faces to The Faces.
They broke up in 1969, And where fronted by Peter Frampton,
They still hold the record audience doing a live gig in Lichtenstein, A total of 96 Souls.
There former manager took all there outfits from them which they acquired free on Carnaby Street.
There biggest hit , Ichycoo Park, No 1 UK/USA. If you have an original copy with the etching for school kids, Don't drop out, Hang out, Worth a fortune.
Your now checking your old 45s like I did Regards Terry. :rolleyes:

Ivan Cloherty
1st June 2015, 05:35 PM
Looks like a 'Sloop' Terry, but still don't know its significance unless it's the 'John D' as in the song

Doc Vernon
1st June 2015, 09:20 PM
She is the Schooner Carroll A. Deering Ted!

Carroll A. Deering was a five-masted commercial schooner that was found run aground off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, in 1921. Its crew was missing. The Deering is one of the most written-about maritime mysteries in history, with claims that it was a victim of the Bermuda Triangle, although the evidence points towards a mutiny or possibly piracy.

Cheers

Red Lead Ted
2nd June 2015, 01:18 PM
Spot on Vern, Have one on me Terry. :thumbsup: