PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know

gray_marian
10th January 2014, 12:54 AM
It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce, and only thirteen hours to build a Toyota.

The sound made by Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is so loud that it can be heard forty miles away.

It takes approximately twenty minutes for your brain to know that your stomach is full.

There is a Temple in Sri Lanka dedicated to a tooth of Buddha.

Space dust tastes like raspberries and smells like rum!!

A Rubik's cube has 43,252,003,274,489,856,ooo possible configurations.

Albert Einstein said that if the honey bees were to suddenly disappear from Earth, we would see an apocalypse within four years.

Deep breathing gives you health benefits similar to aerobics.

A one minute kiss burns about twentysix calories.

Maths magic: Just try it - 259 x your age x 39 = you will get an interesting result.

The rarest coffee in the world is Kopi Luwak, which is found in Indonesia, it costs about $300 a pound.

Lamborghini Cars were created because the Lamborghini Tractor Co, was insulted by the founder of Ferrari

The human mind is ten times more creative at night than it is in the morning or afternoon.

Lou Barron
10th January 2014, 01:00 AM
I like the one about the human mind is more than 10 times at night years ago my mind did get more creative it sure did

Louis the fly
10th January 2014, 10:54 AM
Hi hen, don't you ever do any housework?

Ivan Cloherty
10th January 2014, 11:03 AM
Hi hen, don't you ever do any housework?

Lou, how ungallant!, she's much younger than us, so she can do more things quicker than we can in the same time frame

Louis the fly
10th January 2014, 11:17 AM
Yes Ivan, only poking fun.
I remember the gay eccentric Quentin Crisp saying that after five years the dust does not get any thicker.

robpage
10th January 2014, 03:41 PM
You missed the one that said Females can change their minds 100,000,000 times a second

Ivan Cloherty
10th January 2014, 04:44 PM
Yes Ivan, only poking fun.

Yes I know Lou, just couldn't resist a comment, used to get into a lot of trouble for that at school, guess I'll never learn

Louis the fly
10th January 2014, 08:05 PM
Ivan, you just have old fashioned manners and values, sadly lacking in today's world.

william gardner
10th January 2014, 09:20 PM
who is this this lady with all this knowleage she is great:rolleyes:

John Pruden
10th January 2014, 09:50 PM
You missed the one that said Females can change their minds 100,000,000 times a secondno rob women call it multi tasking??jp

Ivan Cloherty
10th January 2014, 10:59 PM
no rob women call it multi tasking??jp

John, they may be good at multi tasking (so THEY say) but they cannot walk and talk at the same time, when our friends and ourselves go out as a foursome the women are always hundreds of yards behind, even when we all started together, We wait for them to catch up, minutes later they are hundreds of yards behind again.................reason, because when they talk, they must stop and look at each other in amazement when facts about the woman they are talking about are revealed,,,,A says to B 'she didn't did she' B then stops looks at A and says 'well that's what I've heard' then they walk on a few yards and B grabs A's arm and says 'I remember C saying something about that' and A stops and says ' I wonder who told C, it must have been D and to think I told her in confidence' they walk on a few yards and B says 'no actually I remember now it was D who told me'......................................I'd better stop now because I'm getting confused, women 'Think' they can multi task but they cannot really, take them for a walk in a brace of couples and you'll see I'm right. I'll stop now as she's having trouble bringing my cup of tea upstairs whilst she's hoovering, bless!!!

gray_marian
11th January 2014, 12:07 AM
#3 'Hi hen, don't you ever do any housework?' :faint:

Louis, I must say tis a brave man indeed who would question my household proficiency! My husband is quaking in his boot's on
your behalf.......and he's in Hong Kong!......You Mr Fly:pat_head: shall find yourself in reciept of a "Glasgow Kiss" just shortly.::violent1:

Keith at Tregenna
11th January 2014, 12:29 AM
A rather old minesweeper was cruising a lonely stretch of the South Pacific and was overtaken by a new Australian cruiser. All the US sailors admired the new ship and the Captain sent a blinker-light message to the Aussies: "You are beautiful."

Less than 10 seconds later, the Aussie ship blinkered back: "I'll bet you say that to all the ships."

Louis the fly
11th January 2014, 08:49 AM
#3 'Hi hen, don't you ever do any housework?' :faint:

Louis, I must say tis a brave man indeed who would question my household proficiency! My husband is quaking in his boot's on
your behalf.......and he's in Hong Kong!......You Mr Fly:pat_head: shall find yourself in reciept of a "Glasgow Kiss" just shortly.::violent1:

Now that Jamesy knows your husband is away he is coming around later for a full inspection.

gray_marian
11th January 2014, 11:19 AM
#14, In his dreams! I'll be locking the gates:)

cappy
11th January 2014, 11:29 AM
gird your loins marion gird your loins

John Arton
11th January 2014, 11:51 AM
Regarding item #1 Toyota cars.
Nissan Sunderland can build you one in far less time than that.
I knew a guy who osle job was to take the car off the line and drive it for Ikm around a special track to test its brakes and steering etc. (apparently every car made anywhere has to go through this routine hence you can never buy a new car with zero km on the speedo). He reckoned that if there was anything wrong with a car during this test they would just take it around the back and crush it as it cost too much to investigate and fix any faults plus by the time they had found the fault another two or three cras would already have rolled off the line.
rgds
JA

gray_marian
11th January 2014, 11:53 AM
#16 Why are you coming too?:)

cappy
11th January 2014, 04:50 PM
#18 just might pop ....in

Keith at Tregenna
11th January 2014, 07:02 PM
#16 Why are you coming too?:)

I SHALL SEEK AND FIND YOU...
I SHALL TAKE YOU TO BED AND CONTROL YOU...
I WILL MAKE YOU ACHE, SHAKE AND SWEAT UNTIL YOU
GRUNT AND GROAN...
I WILL MAKE YOU BEG FOR MERCY...
I WILL EXHAUST YOU TO THE POINT THAT YOU WILL BE
RELIEVED WHEN I LEAVE YOU....AND YOU WILL BE WEAK
FOR DAYS.

ALL MY LOVE,

THE FLU

Anyone else reading get your mind out of the gutter.

Ha Ha K.

robpage
11th January 2014, 07:22 PM
You can use any name they want John , I call it indecision , only exceeded by that exhibited by Sealink management in the 1980s