Sheaf Field 67/68.
Minster 68.
Dalhanna 68.
Kingsworth Fisher 69.

Notes:
I would like to know the catering crew members on these ships if possible,

cappy
2nd January 2014, 10:34 AM
#1 haydn might be wrong but think that's a good Tyneside name .......had a good mate that sailed on 3 ships on ypur list john allen out of shields your no very near mine .....r683532

Haydn Smith
9th July 2014, 03:58 PM
Thank's cappy, can you tell me which 3 ships and when he sailed on them, also i am trying to find any crew members that were on the Wave Sovereign ,a royal fleet
supply vessel at christmas island in 1958,the time of the H.Bomb tests,cheers.

cappy
9th July 2014, 07:32 PM
Thank's cappy, can you tell me which 3 ships and when he sailed on them, also i am trying to find any crew members that were on the Wave Sovereign ,a royal fleet
supply vessel at christmas island in 1958,the time of the H.Bomb tests,cheers.###hello haydn i no my mate was on the dalhanna dukesgarth and sheafield......but i think was in late 50s and early 60s ......he skinned out the risely in auckland in 61 .....helped him carry his bags.....he had a lovely maori girl and got a job in a slauterhouse .....heard he was back in shields later......saled ithink in60 on the sheafield down to victoria the chippy fell down the hold .....we had some handfulls and the goings on in port were loony tunes .....i know tommy stobartout of shields was down onthe atom bomb tests ...but dont know the ship ....somebody said he wasdead now but dont know for sure ......remember him being on some island and sunbathing on a rock by the sea and finding it was the rock the lepers beat there clothes on ...it really **** him up.......the things that happened to us nobody would believe.......have been up to shields today it was arelly warm day the surf was up .......if you know shields it was the car park near ghandis temple.....new a couple of guys called haydn as i said before agood geordie name........but to find names after 50 odd years wont be easy .......most have gone now any way .....old john saborne is still hanging on ....hewas from shields .......but he skinned out in perth or someweresurprised he is still about he was an apprentice on noahs ark.......but sold the copper nails and had to scarper to runcimans........him and the chief steward had a share in the jungle......by those lads new how to water beer.......nuff said regards cappy

Doc Vernon
9th July 2014, 10:41 PM
Welcome Haydn
Thanks for joining and posting your Ships and details!
Hope you may get those lists at some stage,however its a big ask!
Cheers and good luck

j.sabourn
10th July 2014, 12:22 AM
Hi Haydn, if your not called Mohammed in South Shields you have a good Geordie name according to Cappy. The Dukesgarth was an ore carrier wasnt she. Was the Kingsnorth Fisher the one which used to carry the Atomic waste or was that another similar sounding name. Cheers John S PS Cappy usually glows in the dark, so have strong suspicions he sailed on some waste carrier. JS

happy daze john in oz
10th July 2014, 05:47 AM
The question is why is Mohamed living in Sheilds, I never knew any one of that name there in my time. Where did he come from????????????????

Peter Fluin
5th December 2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Haydn,
I signed on the Wave Sovereign as a catering boy on the 17th of February 1959.and signed off on the 24th of
September 1959.
I flew to Singapore to join the ship with a full crew on a charter flight from Southend Airport.We had overnight stops at Benghazi,Khartoum,Bombay,and Ngumbo in Ceylon.and signed off at Leith in Scotland.
There was two other catering boys Bill Dobson knick named donkey,and Dick from South London,also I think there was a steward called Bill.
I have a feeling you may have left the ship by then as I don't think we went to Christmas Island.
We spent a few months sailing from the Naval base in Singapore taking part in exercises off the coast of Malaya,then up the gulf to Abadan to pick up oil,then onto Malta where we were stationed,taking part in exercises with the Greek,Turkish and US fleets.
I hope this may be of some interest to you.

Peter Fluin Adelaide South Australia.