PDA

View Full Version : Scouse Nouse. (solved by Keith)

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 09:03 AM
All of you that have been to Liverpool have seen this but it was used once for something completely different,what are we looking at.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
10th December 2013, 09:16 AM
Think it's the Liver Buildings Jim

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 09:29 AM
Your warm John.
Regards.
Jim.B

John Pruden
10th December 2013, 09:36 AM
liver bird jim??

Captain Kong
10th December 2013, 09:36 AM
MDHB building.
. There are a lot of buildings around there not used for what they were intended.
Cunard Building , not anymore.
Liver Building housed CPR but not anymore,
MDHB but not anymore,.
The Liver Birds flapped their wings when a Virgin walked past, But not anymore
Cheers
Brian

John Pruden
10th December 2013, 09:47 AM
brian VIRGIN more chance of it laying a f...ing egg?:pjp

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 10:17 AM
No correct answers yet chaps.You are all in the right area.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
10th December 2013, 10:28 AM
The Pier Head is not what it used to be, it is a big improvement now , but no trams or buses. Chers
Brian.

john gill
10th December 2013, 10:28 AM
Apologies Jim- i don't see a pic on my screen- i was referring to your screen motif.

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 10:43 AM
John me thinks you know the answer after my conversation with you in the Pen&Wig last week.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
10th December 2013, 11:57 AM
with respect Jim- most of our conversation had been erased by the time i arrived at Lime St Station- combination of John Smiths and failing short term memory!!

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 12:18 PM
John I told you where to source,not this in particular any scouse nouse.Does that jog the memory?
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
10th December 2013, 12:26 PM
Barmaid in the P&W?

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 12:31 PM
Barmaid in the P&W?
She is quite clever that kid actually, she was throwing a few quiz questions out.unfortunately she reads the same paper as me so she knew the answers to what I asked her.
To you John not the barmaid in the P&W is not the source!!!
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
10th December 2013, 01:08 PM
A glimmer through the fog Jim- it's not the old Radio Merseyside's building on Paradise St?

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 01:18 PM
John you are drifting away from your original answers,I told you you were warm.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 01:36 PM
John Pruden is the hottest up to now.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
10th December 2013, 03:03 PM
is it the branch in the beak of the liver bird?jp

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 03:15 PM
No John sorry.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Pruden
10th December 2013, 03:19 PM
must be the clock then four sides and three clocks??why

Red Lead Ted
10th December 2013, 03:33 PM
is it the branch in the beak of the liver bird?jp

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

john gill
10th December 2013, 03:47 PM
Liver Birds are holding seaweed in their beaks.

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 04:25 PM
You were right to get rid of the bird John.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Albert Evans
10th December 2013, 05:18 PM
I know it will be wrong but I will say the Time.

John

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 05:25 PM
I think we all need to read post #1 to get on track.Not the time John A.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 05:30 PM
I've been wondering where our most prolific quizzer is Chris,I thought he is being a bit quite but I've just checked out that he has'nt been on site the last two days.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Keith at Tregenna
10th December 2013, 05:49 PM
must be the clock then four sides and three clocks??why

Very much doubt if correct buy found this to be of interest:
As we near Christmas found news of the Light at the Liver Building:

Looking for a unique venue in Liverpool? Look no further than The Light at the Liver Building: A city-centre venue with fabulous space in a historic building, with great facilities and a wonderful view of the Mersey. Check out http://www.thelightrlb.org/ Apparently now closed ?

Not a new idea at the Liver building:

A dinner using the Liver Clock Faces before they were put in place in 1908

John Albert Evans
10th December 2013, 05:57 PM
Jim,
Its the Royal Liver Assurance Building opened in 1911 and still its Head Office. ts one of the Three Grace's, along with the Port of Liverpool Building and the Cunard Building. The clocks are known as the Georges Clocks as they were set at the exact time King George V was crowned on 22nd June 1911.
John Albert Evans

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 05:59 PM
Spot on Keith they used it as a dinner table,I think it was a charity do a ggod bit of scouse nouse.
Regards.
Jim.B.

John Albert Evans
10th December 2013, 06:20 PM
The other one faces Liverpool at make sure the pubs are open.

JAE

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 09:24 PM
Keith how the hell did you find that I expected a lot more mileage out of that one maybe another good scouse nouse to follow.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Doc Vernon
10th December 2013, 09:35 PM
Indeed very well done,I certainly wouldn't have got that!
Good going Keith!
Cheers

Keith at Tregenna
10th December 2013, 09:48 PM
Keith how the hell did you find that I expected a lot more mileage out of that one maybe another good scouse nouse to follow.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Was actually looking up the bankers dancing on seamens' graves and led me to the Light at the Liver Building: A city-centre venue with fabulous space in a historic building, with great facilities and a wonderful view of the Mersey.

Scouse Nouse was the giveaway !

K.

Jim Brady
10th December 2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry Keith can't work that one out but anyway you got there.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Keith at Tregenna
10th December 2013, 10:01 PM
Will explain more again, but can you tell more of this pic ? it is a Liverpool mystery to me. Check out the dates. upstairs was built before downstairs and the satellite dish becomes priceless in context with the photo.

Keith at Tregenna
10th December 2013, 10:09 PM
Possibly also of local trivia interest: The flagpole at the Kop end at Anfield home of LFC came from this ship: The Great Eastern and chimes at the Liver Building is a piano wire being struck and amplified to a speaker on the roof. There is no bell. K.

Lou Barron
10th December 2013, 11:36 PM
I think Jim Brady and John Gill had to much of the John Smiths in the Pen and Wig

Keith at Tregenna
11th December 2013, 12:53 AM

K

Jim Brady
11th December 2013, 09:01 AM
am i the only one who can't see a picture in post #1:confused:
Tony there is not a picture in post 1#.Maybe my wording is a bit confusing,I think if I would've shown a picture it would've given it away.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Jim Brady
11th December 2013, 09:09 AM
Keith that picture of the pub,I was telling John Gill about that on Friday when we were in the Pen and Wig.It was said a pub in Liverpool where the top half was built 200 years before the bottom half,the answer was the Central.The Central is where John and I say our goodbyes,by the time we got there last week it was dark so we could'nt see the dates.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john gill
11th December 2013, 09:55 AM
Hope you didn't look back when we said our goodby's last Friday Jim- I dived into the Central, not for a bevvy but to visit the Gents before boarding my train- just in case you got the wrong idea!!-To access the Gents in Lime st station costs 30p and i'd spent all my pay off in the P&W.
gilly

Keith at Tregenna
11th December 2013, 06:35 PM
Test your Scouse Nouse every weekday morning at 8.20 on @bbcmerseyside (https://twitter.com/bbcmerseyside)

Jim Brady
11th December 2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks Keith so thats how you knew the answer and on top of that you have put the blocks on future Scouse Nouse quizzes.!!!!!!
Regards.
Jim.B.

Keith at Tregenna
11th December 2013, 06:48 PM
Whoops !

Keith at Tregenna
12th December 2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks Keith so thats how you knew the answer and on top of that you have put the blocks on future Scouse Nouse quizzes.!!!!!!
Regards.
Jim.B.

Was a bit busy to reply more fully. replied Whoops as I may have made a blooper but had no time to double check. In all honesty if I had knowingly erred, would have apologised: The link above was not my source and was added for additional info on the post and not to intentionally block Scouse Nouse etc. I hope that the link to the latest news, sport and all things scouse from BBC Merseyside... is of benefit to anyone interested.

I have not accessed or listened to BBC Merseyside or seen any pictures they show on air as doubt many have.

I further imagine that you have many Liver gems that you can and may post and hopefully will continue Scouse Nouse.

I will follow all, but not answer as my source as found is better than the radio.

Best wishes and regard's, Keith

Lou Barron
12th December 2013, 11:52 PM
To me and a few other guys who was on the good ship Monawai with ex pow from the far east seeing the Liver Building as Paddy Boland said to me were home Lou

paddy Boland sa