PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision song contest.

Keith at Tregenna
19th May 2013, 01:23 AM
DENMARK WON - WALES 19th.

Emmelie de Forest performs the winning song:

British entry Bonnie Tyler sings Believe In Me as she tried to bring the title back to the UK.

Bonnie Tyler: It's A Heartache: LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VGQTtENSs

The 20-year-old won the annual competition with a barefoot performance backed by flutes and drums.

The winning song - 'Only Teardrops' - beat tunes from 25 other countries, including 'Believe In Me' by Bonnie Tyler.

LINK: Eurovision: Denmark's Emmelie De Forest Wins (http://news.sky.com/story/1092783/eurovision-denmarks-emmelie-de-forest-wins)

Eurovision isn't all about the songs: MALMOE, Sweden — When Finnish singer Krista Siegfrids ended her Eurovision Song Contest rehearsal performance last week by kissing one of her female dancers, few members of the audience raised an eyebrow.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X024NEsDyC8

WHAT IS NEW: I kissed a girl and am not a thesbian.

K.

Captain Kong
19th May 2013, 03:10 PM
Didnt like her song at all and knew she would not win.
If she had sung this one she would have definately won it.
I Need a Hero - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fDdPuCsOLaQ) with the dancing Prisoners in CEBU
Brian

Red Lead Ted
20th May 2013, 12:34 AM
Did you know it costs the British t.v. licence payer 175.000 a year for this charade. We are never going to win it again because the plain truth is the rest of Europe don't like the Brits. We are one of the top 5 that pay for this idiotic charade and if one of the top 5 where to pull out it could not happen again. Pull the plug on the damn thing for heavens sake and give them { NIL POINTE } Terry.:mad:

happy daze john in oz
20th May 2013, 06:16 AM
From what i have seen of it the whole thing is more political than who can sing.

robpage
20th May 2013, 06:31 AM
There is an element of British Television that I personally find unpalatable , Eurovision is one of them , Shows introduced by openly camp presenters , I have no problem with people's sexuality but do not like " camp" humour , so the Graham Norton show is not in my favoured list . I would ban the pseudo celebraties , the Towies , the big brother , and the I'm a celebrity get me out of here programmes . I had over a 100 channels analysed what I watched and save 20.00 a month by reducing the number of channels . But having seen TV in other European countries and the USA , I still think we have one of the best TV systems in the world .

Captain Kong
20th May 2013, 07:53 AM
I agree Rob,
We are never going to win that compo. the europeans are and always will be Anti British.
The TV here is better than overseas, but the BBC is heavily laden with Blairites who always give out a Biased news reports. That is why I watch the News on Al Jazeera. the best news reporting of all.
Then when I was in a hospital bed in Honolulu for ten days and a week recuperating in a hotel. The American TV was awful. Non Stop Advertising, more adverts than programs , it was sending me potty, The Nurse said to me, Why dont you watch the TV, When I told her that the BBC does not have one advert she found it hard to believe.
Brian.

Ivan Cloherty
20th May 2013, 08:10 AM
Didnt like her song at all and knew she would not win.
If she had sung this one she would have definately won it.
I Need a Hero - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fDdPuCsOLaQ) with the dancing Prisoners in CEBU
Brian

Not one fat prisoner amongst them and think of the beneficial side effects when they are finally released and do their next 'job' they will be able to run faster than the police chasing them

Red Lead Ted
20th May 2013, 03:43 PM
Totally agree with everything you say, I cant stand all these bloody shows with Ant @ Dec fronting them with Simon Cowell a very close second. They captivate our youth and younger people i asked my 11yr old grandson the Capital of Syria the other day. His reply were is Syria ? Yet he can tell me who has won the x factor from day one or who was the star of Britain's got talent. Even these soap operas are a distraction for to many people as to what really matters in today's world. { BEWILDERED} Terry.:mad:

robpage
20th May 2013, 04:30 PM
I always wondered about Ant and Dec are they a couple ?

alf corbyn
20th May 2013, 04:42 PM
Eurovision. rubbish programme. the BBC cancelled casualty for this and has probably lost a few viewers like me who have watched it for years. the BBC keep moving the time of this programme to suit some boring replacement especially sport which I hate. Brian the BBC does advertise. it might be their own programmes but its still advertising. I'll concede that they can advertise the channel they are on but not their other channels and they also advertise radio. they also own channel five among others, and they advertise on there also. I believe their charter forbids advertising. if they are breaking this charter then they should not be allowed to charge a licence fee, even though the powers that be say it is a post office or similar body that claims the fee.

Captain Kong
20th May 2013, 04:50 PM
Hi Alf I just meant Commercial Advertising, The way the Americans do it the adverts are longer than the Programs and sometimes you dont know if you are watching an Ad or the Prog.
Cheers
Brian.

Louis the Amigo
20th May 2013, 06:44 PM
Hi shipmates, I met Bonnie many years ago she was with the owner of a club at that time, she lived with him in a house in a village by tonypandy, she made me a coffee in her kitchen had a talk with her. What was I doing in her house? she had all new carpets fitted a housefull, I was with the carpet fitters makeing sure they done the job properly{ expensive carpet}

Red Lead Ted
21st May 2013, 01:11 AM
It seems to me that at one time you had variety act comedian's, entertainers, variety shows the whole family could and did enjoy. Now days it seems the BBC Have the same faces almost permanent staff that just get shuffled around from show to show same old faces over and over again, It also applies to I.T.V. They have gone the same. At least channel 4 gives you although sometimes controversial never the less a wide variety of viewing. Even channel 5 will show a movie both nights at the weekend. If i had my way seriously lads there would be no T.V. in my household it really isn't worth the 147.50p License. And if its sport you are after then you have to be in hock with sky sports which is to increase again next year. What happened to the likes of the Sweeney/ taggart/the Beverley hillbillies/ Sunday night at the London palladium/ And much more with different faces each week.p.s. on the subject of films can anyone tell me what was so uniquely achieved by the British actor Cary Grant :D Terry.

Keith at Tregenna
21st May 2013, 01:24 AM
Hi shipmates, I met Bonnie many years ago she was with the owner of a club at that time, she lived with him in a house in a village by tonypandy, she made me a coffee in her kitchen had a talk with her. What was I doing in her house? she had all new carpets fitted a housefull, I was with the carpet fitters makeing sure they done the job properly{ expensive carpet}

Met her in Swansea years ago, she bought me a pint.

K.

Red Lead Ted
21st May 2013, 01:36 AM
{TONYPANDY} ? Is that anywhere near Balamory :D

happy daze john in oz
21st May 2013, 05:51 AM
Hi Alf I just meant Commercial Advertising, The way the Americans do it the adverts are longer than the Programs and sometimes you dont know if you are watching an Ad or the Prog.
Cheers
Brian.

Know what you mean Brian we get the same here. Currently the 'Voice' is running, never watch such purile crap but hear all the complaints about the amount of advertising time during the show.
But the number of programs that are an insult to your inteigence still invade the screen. Celebrety splash and other such crap, most of which I am told originate in UK!!!!!!!

Doc Vernon
7th November 2013, 04:53 AM
I know this may not apply here,but John sent this to me,and it is so fantastic that I had to share it with all! I don't think I have ever heard a Young Lass sing like this before,she is amazing!Thanks for reading and watching the Video!Cheers http://www.wimp.com/girlleaves/

alf corbyn
7th November 2013, 11:50 AM
wonderful voice, hope she dosen't end up like charlotte church who also has a wonderful voice
i remember her at eleven years old and also have some of her DVD's. don't know if she still sings but know she has a couple of kids with some idiot footballer. how old is this young girl , what is her name and where does she come from?.

alf corbyn
7th November 2013, 11:55 AM
hi brian an advert is an advert and the BBC is breaking its charterand should either stop advertizing or do away with the licence fee. i believe the uk is the only country to have a \tv licence.

Louis the Amigo
7th November 2013, 12:13 PM
Hi Shipmates The Euro vision song contest is the best program on the box? Sure beats trying to kill each other in wars, as in days gone by ,Anti British??? no way, in the old days we use to win and Ireland? Today the songs and lyrics and singers are just not good enough, Where are the skirt rippers today remember that one ? The B.B.C. and media and the arts have had a gay deployment for many years.

gray_marian
7th November 2013, 07:22 PM
I think the only "decent" act ever on Eurovision was Riverdance. Have not watched it since. Root canal treatment would be preferable....

Keith at Tregenna
7th November 2013, 07:42 PM
Some countries go out of the way not to win ? Ireland won it a few years in a row and was told it is so expensive, it can be done without, Pos why the UK avoid winning. Would imagine Greece etc are not that bothered ?

K.

happy daze john in oz
8th November 2013, 11:29 AM
I think the only "decent" act ever on Eurovision was Riverdance. Have not watched it since. Root canal treatment would be preferable....

WE get it here in Oz a day later so we know th wresult before we see it, never realised one still watched it. Root canal, not a good choice of words over here in Oz.

gray_marian
8th November 2013, 02:20 PM
I forgot John, silly me....everything is upside down over there:p