PDA

View Full Version : German mini cruise ship aground

Tony Wilding
10th May 2013, 04:16 PM
12733mini German cruise ship LADY BESUM high and dry off German Coast, refloated the next tide,

Mike Hall
10th May 2013, 04:20 PM
thats one for the gallery tony ?

Tony Wilding
10th May 2013, 04:30 PM
which category does it go, ?

Don Rafferty
10th May 2013, 05:46 PM
12733mini German cruise ship LADY BESUM high and dry off German Coast, refloated the next tide,

Very reminiscent of a photo of my own boat when I ran aground on Foulness Island - late '80's. Much embarassment for myself at the time, but worse was to come - we got arrested for being on MoD land and taking photos. At the time there were lots of signs, AWRE, which I didn't know the meaning of and it wasn't until we were in the office that I saw a fully worded sign - Atomic Weapons Research Establishment. They wanted to take the film out of the camera and have it developed but when I explained the camera had an automatic rewind, that wouldn't work until the film had reached the end, we took photos of each other inside the office until the film was finished.

Tony Wilding
10th May 2013, 06:10 PM
i know that area well, used to take fishing parties from Creeksea down as far as the Buxey Buoy, if you go aground on an Ebb Tide you have a long wait.

Bill Bland
11th May 2013, 07:06 AM
which category does it go, ?

Learner drivers.