PDA

View Full Version : PC or not PC ?

Keith at Tregenna
26th April 2013, 10:01 PM
Supermarket forced to pull packets of Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts from the shelves...because nuts aren't listed as ingredient:

Booths is concerned the label doesn't state the packet contains peanuts

Nuts have been withdrawn as they pose a risk to people allergic to them

FSA issued Allergy Alert to warn people monkey nut shells contain peanuts
Customers with nut allergy told to return the product to Booths for a refund

Read more: Supermarket forced to pull packets of Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts from the shelves...because nuts aren't listed as ingredient | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315305/Supermarket-forced-pull-packets-Whole-Hearted-Roasted-Monkey-Nuts-shelves--nuts-arent-listed-ingredient.html#ixzz2Rbp6Cytt)

Les Woodard
27th April 2013, 07:23 AM
Now that is so fecking funny I can not stop laughing at this. Got to be a wind up.

robpage
27th April 2013, 10:54 AM
The labelling laws in the UK , although EU Origin are very strict , and because some people can die with allergies , they have to have the allergy warning on them , if not you may get sued by a customer who is totally stupid but has a great lawyer . And Monkey nuts are obvious to me , but what about Tiger Nuts , they are not nuts they are a root and not as far as I can tell in the Nut Allergy group . See what comes of reading the Daily Mail , People have been warned here before , Stick to the Guardian , you know it makes sense .

Captain Kong
27th April 2013, 11:09 AM
These Monkey Nuts carry traces of Monkeys.

cappy
27th April 2013, 11:14 AM
cant understand anybody wanting to eat monkeys nuts strange world cappy

j.sabourn
27th April 2013, 11:19 AM
Thought their brains would have been better tasting. John sabourn

vic mcclymont
27th April 2013, 12:43 PM
The labelling laws in the UK , although EU Origin are very strict , and because some people can die with allergies , they have to have the allergy warning on them , if not you may get sued by a customer who is totally stupid but has a great lawyer . And Monkey nuts are obvious to me , but what about Tiger Nuts , they are not nuts they are a root and not as far as I can tell in the Nut Allergy group . See what comes of reading the Daily Mail , People have been warned here before , Stick to the Guardian , you know it makes sense .

This article is in most of the papers and on other sites, not just the Mail

Les Woodard
28th April 2013, 06:51 AM
Makes one wonder just how many people died from eating nuts (edible kind that is) in the past as I can not recall anyone. Does this mean that we are going to have all nuts stamped with a contents sticker if so then I might pass because I am buggered if I am going through the pain of a tattoo on the nuts. For those that do will they have to keep them fully exposed so others can see the warning? I bet some on site would have no problems if they wore shorts like we do out here in Oz. Like everything else a load of BS and something to distract us away from important issues.

leratty
28th April 2013, 09:17 AM
Keith, that started in the US I recall in the late 60's with no nuts on aircraft due to PC. Now you have all these items without certain ingredients for sale bread without gluten it is amazing, yet they still sell Coke to fat kids & people who are eating diet foods you just have to laugh! When we were young did anyone we know have a peanut allergy or collapse due to some food they ate at school or where ever, not that I recall. Ha we all had an allergy to some food we just would not eat it broccoli , turnips, swedes, my fathers home grown lettuces oh so bitter, rice & sago puddings, the list goes on.....

Captain Kong
28th April 2013, 10:46 AM
The daughter of a friend collapsed and died after eating food containing nuts, she had had an allergy and if she had any kind of traces of nuts in food she would go into spasms and very high temperatures. she had to be very very careful of any product that contained traces of nuts, But one day she missed it and died, a lovely girl. aged 18.

So to some people it is not a joke, it really is death.
Cheers
Brian.

Keith at Tregenna
28th April 2013, 04:34 PM
Though do appreciate the serious side was looking at the odd.

Will add better examples:

If by chance the post can help save one life it is worth it !

What can cause anaphylaxis?

Common causes include foods such as peanuts, tree nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, cashews, and Brazil nuts), sesame, fish, shellfish, dairy products and eggs.

Non-food causes include wasp or bee stings, natural latex (rubber), penicillin or any other drug or injection.

In some people, exercise can trigger a severe reaction - either on its own or in combination with other factors such as food or drugs (e.g. aspirin).

Otherwise:

happy daze john in oz
29th April 2013, 06:18 AM
Now that is so fecking funny I can not stop laughing at this. Got to be a wind up.

Someone monkeying around maybe??

happy daze john in oz
29th April 2013, 06:20 AM
cant understand anybody wanting to eat monkeys nuts strange world cappy

Maybe in a cream sauce with a drop of brandy?

happy daze john in oz
29th April 2013, 06:22 AM
but what about Tiger Nuts , they are not nuts they are a root , Stick to the Guardian , you know it makes sense .[/QUOTE]

Rob mate not my idea of a root, or any other guy from Oz for that matter.

robpage
29th April 2013, 07:05 AM
This is all about the litigant society , if you don't put the. Warning on the label some. Lawyer will sue , McDonald's have warnings sating that heir hot drinks maybe hot , someone sued them . The ambulance chasers get the client a payment and often they have bigger fees . it would be laughable if there was not so much money involved .

some years ago , I was involved in the purchase of a 150,000 machine from the USA , it came without guarding , but had a series of notices warning it was dangerous,when I asked why there was just warnings I was told if an operator was injured in a guarded machine the payout Washburn larger , the warning notice stopped the claim ,as the operator had been warned .

it is here because of greedy lawyers , and clients who need protecting from their own idiocy . I had an electrician worked for me , put his finger in a pneumatic slide , pressed the actuators. And sued for loss of his finger tip . To fight the claim and win would have cost 20,000 , to have have lost 40,000 , so the insurer was happy to settle out of court 4000 to the idiot 6000 in his legal fees . That is why you get labels on milk cartons saying this contains milk , and packs of nuts saying contains nuts . The processors need to protect themselves from litigants

happy daze john in oz
30th April 2013, 06:35 AM
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE LITIGATION

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a Sign on it saying: 'Free to good home. You want it, you take it.'

For three days the fridge sat there without anyone looking twice.

He eventually decided that people were too mistrustful of this deal.

So he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale $50.'

The next day someone stole it!
-------------------------------------
One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted.....
'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

They walk among us!

----------------------------------------------------------
While looking at a house, my brother asked the Estate Agent which direction was north because he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning.
She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?'
My brother explained that the sun rises in the east and has for some time.

She shook her head and said, 'Oh, I don't keep up with all that stuff......'

They Walk Among Us!
--------------------------------------------
My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria when we overheard an admin girl talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the beach.
She drove down in a convertible, but said she 'didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving'.
They Walk Among Us!
------------------------------------
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car which is designed to cut through a seatbelt
if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the car trunk.

They Walk Among Us!
-------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area and went to the lost luggage office and reported the loss.

The woman there smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and said I was in good hands.

'Now,' she asked me, 'Has your plane arrived yet?'...
(I work with professionals like this.)

They Walk Among Us!
------------------------------------------------

While working at a pizza parlour I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go.

He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6.

He thought about it for some time then said 'Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces.

They Walk Among Us!

Dumb as a box of Rocks
TRUE STORY:

A noted psychiatrist was a guest speaker at an academic function where Nancy Pelosi happened to appear. Ms Pelosi took the opportunity to schmooze the good doctor a bit and asked him a question with which he was most at ease.

'Would you mind telling me, Doctor,' she asked, 'how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?'

'Nothing is easier,' he replied. 'You ask a simple question which anyone should answer with no trouble. If the person hesitates, that puts you on the track...'

'What sort of question?' asked Pelosi.

Well, you might ask, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?''

Pelosi thought a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, 'You wouldn't happen to have another example would you? I must confess I don't know much about history.'

Sadly, they walk among us!