PDA

View Full Version : Our Pug Benson! Playing with our other Dog Bella!

Doc Vernon
11th January 2013, 04:33 AM
Didnt know exacty where to post this!
Anyway here is our new Puppy called Benson,a lovely little Pug! We love him!
This Video was taken at just over six weeks old!
For his age he really is clever!
Will have to train him to do some thricks later!
Thanks
Cheers
Enjoy the Video!

Benson 001 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JhbDqM7koc&feature=youtu.be)

Captain Kong
11th January 2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks Vernon.
Will have to train him to do some thricks later!...... Let us know when he does his Thricks, it should be good
Why is he called BENSON.?
Our Yorky was called Kimberley but she answered to DOG, I saw a prog on TV that dogs only understand words of one syllable. So I alwaYS called her DOG.
Good show,
Cheers
Brian.

John Pruden
11th January 2013, 09:57 AM
Vernon the more you see people the better you like your dog i have an 8st lab he was 12st when we got him part dog part f.....g mattress but he is my best mate. the only thing that kisses you and means it:p

Doc Vernon
11th January 2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Capt
Have to ask her indoors about the name chioce mate,i think its because she likes Benson in the Comedy Series,(cant remember the name) however she now shouts that it came to her in a dream!! Yea!!:confused:
Oh well will wait for him to learn his Thricks LOL! Cheeky!!:D:D

Captain Kong
11th January 2013, 11:20 AM
Some Dogs are a lot better than a lot of people I know.
Brian

Richard Quartermaine
11th January 2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks Vernon.
Will have to train him to do some thricks later!...... Let us know when he does his Thricks, it should be good
Why is he called BENSON.?
Our Yorky was called Kimberley but she answered to DOG, I saw a prog on TV that dogs only understand words of one syllable. So I alwaYS called her DOG.
Good show,
Cheers
Brian.

Brian, are you sure your TV is not on the blink? Our Briard Cleo won't answer to 'Clee' or 'O' but call out "CLEE-OHH" and you get out of the way or get run over. Here she is - I tried to teach her how to write her name in the snow.

Cheers

Richard

Captain Kong
11th January 2013, 03:19 PM
What a clever dog Richard, I too can write my name in the snow. usually on my way home from the club after a few pints, when we have snow.
Next time I am up those Blue Mountains I am going to be covered in Dog Spit when Benson, Vernons other dog and Cleo start leaping on me and licking me all over. Can Cleo do Thricks like Benson will be doing??
Cheers
Brian.

Richard Quartermaine
11th January 2013, 07:42 PM
What a clever dog Richard, I too can write my name in the snow. usually on my way home from the club after a few pints, when we have snow.
Next time I am up those Blue Mountains I am going to be covered in Dog Spit when Benson, Vernons other dog and Cleo start leaping on me and licking me all over. Can Cleo do Thricks like Benson will be doing??
Cheers
Brian.

I bet your writing is shaky Brian. As for tricks we'll keep those for a surprise. A fella walked his dog in Katoomba's Catalina park that had the charming trick of sidling up and when you weren't watching he'd lift his leg. By the time he trotted off with his tail held high and cheeky grin on his face your foot would be squelching in a warm, soggy shoe.
Cheers
Richard

John Pruden
11th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Dogs are the most intelligent animals for a man my last dog sox was so badly treated when we rescued him he was that frightened he shivered under the kitchen table for three days after he learned to trust again he was the most faithful dog i have ever had and i have always had a dog he was clever and he could actually make a noise like come on at the set times to go out the same month he passed i had a lot of medical problems and i still think it was connected with his death he way a diabetic and we gave him his shots every day any dog owner try to keep them away from wood chippings that are put around garden boarders as when they start to rot they give of a fungus that gives a dog a nasal disease and that's what killed him when he went a big part of me went with him i have his ashes in the front room and they will go in with me never has a man missed a best friend as much as me we went every were together even had a kip at 6pm when i finished work i have a Labrador retriever now he is very good and clever he knows when my blood pressure is high he puts his paw on me and somehow he knows i have trained him to pee on red lead teds corner.:pjp

Richard Quartermaine
12th January 2013, 06:10 AM
You are good bloke John. Margaret and I have been together for 56 years during which time we always had dogs, usually from the rescue places or from family. In 1998 our rough collie, Jay-Jay succumbed to bowel cancer and in 2000 our old English sheep dog, Emma was fourteen and a half when old age and arthritis made her life too hard to bear. We were without a dog for three months and life (and security) seemed to go out of the house so Margaret went onto the internet and fell in love with a picture of an Irish wolfhound cross puppy called Jemima at the Sydney Dogs Home. What a wonderful watch dog she was. Sadly 15 months ago she had a fatal heart attack but if you look at the picture on my profile she is with me. And in a way still is.

When Jemima was two years old we got another dog to keep her company, a briard from the same dogs home and that's her in my earlier post. Not only do dogs make wonderful companions, they are good security and let us know when we should be getting some exercise to get older than we would otherwise. However their life span is cruelly short.

All the best
Richard Q

Captain Kong
12th January 2013, 09:47 AM
We had a little Yorky, she was rescued as a tiny pup. just a handful of quivering fur that had cuts and swellings from her beatings. she was only around six weeks old.
It took a while to get her to believe we were not going to lash her daily as the previous owner had done.
I learned to understand her language and she learned to understand our language. Each event had a meaning , an up and down squeak meant her biscuit was trapped under a chair, one single sharp bark meant she wanted to go out side, and so on. She even learned how to spell, She learned what the word Bath meant, and she would fall into a heap and hide, so we did b-a-t-h for a week or two then she figured that spelt bath, so she falls into a heap again and hide,
a very intelligent dog is a Yorky. Gave us a lot of fun, loved it on the beach at Fleetwood, then she had a leaking heart valve and died. Like losing a mate.
Cheers
Brian.

John Pruden
12th January 2013, 10:22 AM
we have a park very close to were i live every morning between 5 and 10 dog owners meet all the dogs are use to each other we sort out the problems of the world and give each other health tips on our pets i sit on the park bench and all the dogs congregate around me i have a pocket full of biscuits so when i move all the dogs move with me i can make 10 dogs sit all at the same time and if i miss a couple of days they let me know all breeds from big to small if i take the dog out in the car if i leave him in the car while i go into a shop he will move over and sit in the drivers seat with one paw on the steering wheel people will take pictures of him and i have a job trying to get back in the seat to drive dogs have played a big part of my life and why anyone can mistreat any pet is beyond me.give me a dog anyday of the week and the last act of kindness you can give your dog is the last day you have him.jp

Richard Quartermaine
12th January 2013, 11:09 AM
Cleo and Jemima getting their Christmas taste treats in 2010. How could anyone say animals are dumb. Or, how could anyone get pleasure from making them cringe?
Richard

Colin Pook
12th January 2013, 02:57 PM
We always have a dog in case the vacuum cleaner breaks down. When it does, we point the dogs nose at the floor, kick him in the goolies, and he gives a sharp intake of breath,and, PRESTO, a clean floor!! Works every time, and only takes a tin of 'chappie'a day to run. :D

Doc Vernon
12th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Oh dear Colin
You nasty person! Imagine doing that to a poor Hound! haha!
Try it n a Cat and see what happens??? Eeeeeek!!
Cheers

Richard Quartermaine
12th January 2013, 08:29 PM
Goodness Gracious! The steps some people take to economise....

Captain Kong
12th January 2013, 08:53 PM
That is one way of having your leg ripped off with some dogs.
Cheers
Brian

Colin Pook
13th January 2013, 08:46 AM
Dont be silly Doc! A cat cant hold as much as a dog, you have to keep emptying them. We only use next door neighbours cat for dusting the ornaments.

In actual fact though, weve had dogs practically all our married lives, our last one, a standard poodle died at the age of 13. Broke my heart when he died. Too old now to have another one, and besides, its too traumatic when you have to say goodbye to them.

Colin, the dog lover

Doc Vernon
13th January 2013, 09:20 AM
Good Man at Heart i see Colin! haha!
Me too a real Dog Lover!

I have had many Dogs in my home,and have had many a broken Heartt when their time came!
Last lot we had in Penrith before Bella,were 2 Australian Silkies,Tammy and Captain,and a lovely Cross Border Collie Bonnie ,they all lived very full lives Bonnie went at 16 Years,Captain at 14 Years and Tammy at 17 Years,so i hope these we now have will also get to a ripe old age! But i hear that the Pug only has an average of 11 to 12 Years!??

Before that when we lived in Guildford we had two, Scotty a real fighter mixed breed and Fluffy a pure bred Corgi,Scotty (and this broke my Heart really) had to be taken and put down at only 8 Yeras old for attacking a passer by and ripping his trousers,and a bit of a bite on the leg! They were very hard on that poor dog,Fluffy was stolen one day,we never ever did find out who it was or where poor Fluffy went!??

In South Africa had many others too,but too many to tell all!
Oh well thats life@
Cheers

Richard Quartermaine
13th January 2013, 11:02 AM
It just goes to show... all these barnacle encrusted old seafarers are really just softies at heart.

Captain Kong
13th January 2013, 11:45 AM
Well we are old Sea Dogs arnt we? so I guess that where the relationship is.
Brian

Colin Pook
13th January 2013, 03:34 PM
I bet you're no different to the rest of us Dickie boy!!...

happy daze john in oz
14th January 2013, 05:17 AM
Well we are old Sea Dogs arnt we? so I guess that where the relationship is.
Brian

Now dont tell me Brian, you get the dog to lick the barnacles off you!!!

Jim Brady
14th January 2013, 12:42 PM
Just for you dog lovers.A guy goes into a pub with his dog.The barman admires the dog and being a dog owner himself gets into conversation about dogs with the customer.The customer points out that it is very clever dog and in fact it is a blacksmith.The barman says I dont believe that,so the customer says its true and would you like a litttle bet on it.A 5 bet is struck,with that the customer gave the dog a kick up the a**e and the dog made a bolt for the door.
Regards.
Jim.B.