PDA

View Full Version : New Bank Chief.

Jim Brady
20th December 2012, 01:49 PM
The Bank Of England have appointed Canadian Mark Carney as the new governer of the BOE Mr Carney is the first foreigner to hold this post.I cannot understand why we could not find a replacement for Sir Mervyn King in this country as Mr Carney does not come cheap.His salary 480.000 plus annual pension benefits of 140.000.Besides this he will be given a perk of 250.000 a year equivalent to 10.000 per month after tax, this is to pay his rent for a property to a standard he leaving behind in Canada.The salary of 480.000 is 60% more that Mervyn King who gets no rent allowance.They say Mr Carney has turned this job down many times in the past eventually he was personally head hunted and persuaded by David Cameron to take the job.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Captain Kong
20th December 2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds bent to me, lets see if he makes as big a cock up as the other one has done.
Brian

j.sabourn
20th December 2012, 11:05 PM
Employed a mexican not so long back, think it was the CEO for telecom. Did very nicely out of it, achievments I would suspect very little. Then had the effrontery to speak unkindly about Australia after disappearing to his home base a damn sight richer than when he started. Politicians and their appointments of other similar types of persons leaves a lot to be desired. John Sabourn

Lou Barron
20th December 2012, 11:39 PM
Something like we have in NZall of our big banks are Australia owned

happy daze john in oz
21st December 2012, 05:35 AM
Something like we have in NZall of our big banks are Australia owned

Only because you have run out of cash and there are now more Kiwi's in Bondi beach than Wellington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy daze john in oz
21st December 2012, 05:37 AM
Playing devils advocate this is not as bad as it sounds. Brining in someoen from overseas often does good. They bring a perspective that may not be readily seen by the locals, and often ideas that though they may appear alien at first often do good in the long term.

Keith Tindell
21st December 2012, 07:28 AM
I dont know what involvement he had with the banks in Canada, but as the Canadians have by and large escaped the fiscal problems that we have all had, perhaps he has some ideas that our dipsticks have failed to find. We live in hope KT

Tony Morcom
21st December 2012, 08:22 AM
You can't really blame this guy for demanding such a high salary and expenses even if it does seem obscene to us. If things go wrong his career is effectively finished and if things go right then it is a small amount to pay for his success. Ultimately it seems to me that he is just another pawn on a very big chess board filled with people playing a guessing game of what may or may not work to sort out the financial mayhem around the world. Will he be a hero or will he be a zero ~ only time will tell. Good luck Mr Carney.

Lou Barron
22nd December 2012, 01:00 AM
It seems to be the thing that a few of countrys bring in a outsider to run some of the big businesses we have a few here
As for John there more Kiwi*s in Bondi well keep them there i Have two Aussie son in laws and my two Daughters are Australians now so what can i say against them

But i love it wnen the Kiwis beat them at sport

Glenn Baker
22nd December 2012, 01:58 AM
You have a Point John all of the Drug Cartels in Australia are run by overseas Directors.

happy daze john in oz
22nd December 2012, 04:40 AM
Yes and a lot of our Trade Unions have imported officials, many wearing Kilts.