PDA

View Full Version : Titanic II

Les Woodard
20th June 2012, 03:16 AM
Not really anything to do with this thread but just a tit bit from our local rag. It seems that Palmer who is intent on building another Titanic has sorced engineers to design it from the UK and Europe but the part about it is in consultation with Blue Star Line. So if it goes ahead I wonder if she will sport a big Blue Star on four funnels when we all know she was originally a White Star ship. Sorry for going of track but did not know where to post this. Bugger left myself open on that last part LOL.

happy daze john in oz
20th June 2012, 06:37 AM
Not really anything to do with this thread but just a tit bit from our local rag. It seems that Palmer who is intent on building another Titanic has sorced engineers to design it from the UK and Europe but the part about it is in consultation with Blue Star Line. So if it goes ahead I wonder if she will sport a big Blue Star on four funnels when we all know she was originally a White Star ship. Sorry for going of track but did not know where to post this. Bugger left myself open on that last part LOL.

Well if you chose the letter box just make sure it is the right colour.

Les Woodard
20th June 2012, 06:50 AM
Got ya John and yes it is a brown one.

Les Woodard
20th June 2012, 11:30 PM
In case anyone is wondering what the hell I am on about this is the site that should explain it all.

It's full steam ahead for Titanic II - Clive Palmer | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/full-steam-ahead-for-titanic-ii-clive-palmer/story-fnda1bsz-1226401176574)

happy daze john in oz
21st June 2012, 06:32 AM
In case anyone is wondering what the hell I am on about this is the site that should explain it all.

It's full steam ahead for Titanic II - Clive Palmer | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/full-steam-ahead-for-titanic-ii-clive-palmer/story-fnda1bsz-1226401176574)

I wonder if he will be looking for stokers and trimmers?????

Anthony Atkinson
22nd June 2012, 11:43 PM
:thumb_ship2:Please may I sign on as Quartermaster, I've got my steering ticket:thumb_ship_viking:

happy daze john in oz
23rd June 2012, 06:04 AM
:thumb_ship2:Please may I sign on as Quartermaster, I've got my steering ticket:thumb_ship_viking:

Are you able to identify iceburghs??

Anthony Atkinson
8th July 2012, 03:20 PM
An ancient mariner I sailed with on Ben Line last century, told me you can smell the ice from some distance. I really do'nt know if this is true, but the gent in question had spent many of his younger years whaling with Salvesons down in the Antartic. This same gent, could knock up a wire locking eye splice in four and a half minutes. Now that John in Oz, is something to be seen. The man was magic. He taught me how to wire splice, and it would take me half an hour to do one. At the end, I would be covered in blood, and scratched all over. I hope this post finds you and yours well and wish you a fair wind. Anthony Atkinson r796905:cool:

Capt Bill Davies
8th July 2012, 03:47 PM
An ancient mariner I sailed with on Ben Line last century, told me you can smell the ice from some distance. I really do'nt know if this is true, but the gent in question had spent many of his younger years whaling with Salvesons down in the Antartic. This same gent, could knock up a wire locking eye splice in four and a half minutes. Now that John in Oz, is something to be seen. The man was magic. He taught me how to wire splice, and it would take me half an hour to do one. At the end, I would be covered in blood, and scratched all over. I hope this post finds you and yours well and wish you a fair wind. Anthony Atkinson r796905:cool:

What size wire? You have said it was 'locking' '! What type of splice 'eye' etc. If your talking lashing wire I believe as most of the old timers on this site could match that time.

Bill

Red Lead Ted
8th July 2012, 07:55 PM
I think that guy has come up with a brilliant idea, One big problem on his hands m8 finding a crew for her. The seamanship skills needed to run the Titanic no longer exist in today,s Mariners. I intend emaiing him a little advice {dont sign on any wops} Terry. :icon_violin:

John Pruden
8th July 2012, 07:57 PM
got to be a f.....g good swimmer:pjp

Tony Wilding
8th July 2012, 08:01 PM
When the keel is layed i will believe it

Capt Bill Davies
8th July 2012, 08:02 PM
got to be a f.....g good swimmer:pjp

OK if you've been to the Guinea Gap Baths John

John Pruden
8th July 2012, 08:04 PM
bill its not much bigger than a bath tub i think it is still going though?:pjp

Samlander
8th July 2012, 11:58 PM
A not-so-old Italian shipmate of mine, Francesco Schettino, said he may try for a job in her. As if we haven't had enough of the original Titanic.