PDA

View Full Version : lIVERPOOL, SHIPS ON THE MERSEY AND THE CITY IN THE 60S.

Captain Kong
22nd June 2012, 08:07 PM
Here is a view of Liverpool in the 60s, memories of 50 years ago.. You may even see yourself.

AND THE WORLD LISTENED - British Pathé (http://www.britishpathe.com/video/and-the-world-listened-1/query/liverpool++houses)

Click on the video , full screen and sound.
Cheers
Brian

Lou Barron
24th June 2012, 12:47 AM
A very interesting pictures of Liverpool there did not see a girl pushing a pram ???Phew i rest easy

Neil Morton
24th June 2012, 01:46 AM
OMG Brian I was there and me too Louis what a relief. I often spent my entire leave in La-pool instead of going south to the folks. What a fantastic place it was, thanks a million Brian.

Neville Roberts
24th June 2012, 02:43 PM
Good too see the old pool again and the old cargo boats loading with derriks , long gone .Lime street looked the same, but the old punch and judy , guy was gone .when I first heard the beatles I said those guys will never make it. so you know I must have a tin ear , but I always liked the early rock and roll singers , and crooners :cool:.thanks Brian.

John Albert Evans
7th July 2012, 03:59 PM
Wow,

Thank you Captain Kong, that brought back some fantastic memories, didn't the ships on the Mersey look good, proper ships in my opinion. Going into the Mersey Tunnel, I proposed to my wife driving through there in 1961, we are still together to this day. :D

John Albert Evans