PDA

View Full Version : Captain Maurice Watson

Jonny A
13th March 2012, 10:32 AM
It is with sad regret that i have to announce the sad death of Captain Maurice Watson, who died last week at his home in Prenton, on the Wirral, Merseyside aged 88. He was a cadet on the Politician as it ran aground and was the last survivor. This incident led to the famous book and film Whisky Galore. He was a tremendous man, and was torpedoed twice in the war on merchant journeys. He later became a Captain for Harrisons for many years up to the 1980s. May he rest in peace.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Here is a link i found to his recollections of the incident
Liverpool museums - A cadet remembers podcast transcript (http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/podcasts/transcripts/politician-cadet.asp)

Doc Vernon
13th March 2012, 09:44 PM
Another sad loss within our Ranks ,seems of late that there are just so many more passing on!

May i take this time though to send my Sincere Condolences to the Entire Family of Captain Maurice Watson,and may he now rest in peace,and may the calm winds and serene waters take him to places that he so loved !

Go with God Captain!
Sincerly
Doc

Lou Barron
13th March 2012, 11:59 PM
i would take this opportunity to pass on my condolences to the Captains family