PDA

View Full Version : Cunard Catering Dept

Jim Thomas
20th February 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm trying to find the name of the man in the Cunard Catering Dept. He was in the basement of the Cunard building who handed out the catering Jobs in the 1950's. Anyone have an idea how or where I could find this info. He was a slim, grey haired, swine of a man.
Jim Thomas.

Jim Brady
20th February 2012, 09:43 AM
This question has been asked and answered on here previously.how to find it I dont know.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Jim Thomas
20th February 2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry..I'm old and fergot! LOL Didn't realize:) till I'd posted it...still don't know his name though. I'll be good in future.:)

Jim Brady
20th February 2012, 10:06 AM
Jim,no apologies needed.It would be interesting for you to see it again and find out his name and if I remember rightly there were a couple of funny stories about him also.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Jim Brady
20th February 2012, 11:01 PM
Jim,not tobe disrespectful as I know we are all getting old and are likely to get forgetful from time to time but it was you in fact that started this thread in Oct 2010. If you go to forum and to Cunard you will see the thread.
Regards.
Jim.B.

john middleton
18th February 2015, 12:10 PM
I'm trying to find the name of the man in the Cunard Catering Dept. He was in the basement of the Cunard building who handed out the catering Jobs in the 1950's. Anyone have an idea how or where I could find this info. He was a slim, grey haired, swine of a man.
Jim Thomas.

Ithink that was a Mr Timmins, if he didn't like thelook of someone he would ask them to come back in a 100 years time, to which the reply would be 'Morning or Afternoon'.

john middleton
23rd February 2015, 09:41 AM
I am pretty sure it was Mr Timmins, who,if he didn't like the look of you would tell you to come back in a 100 years time, the witty reply was usually , morning or afternoon?. Great times hard work tourist waiter 2X8 in the annex (Scythia) 1957 , american students, bar carry, scrubouts afternoon teas on alternate days, only kept by the envelopes of $5 on docking day, and the Wrexham lager 8d a pint.