PDA

View Full Version : Kong on QUEEN ELIZABETH in Pacific.

Captain Kong
16th February 2012, 04:52 AM
Hi Fans,
Story so far, Lot of difficulty sending emails from here. so here goes.
Had four nights on old Queen Mary in Long Beach and met Member John Adamson in the Observation Bar and had a very pleasant three hours of swinging lamps.Then I met an Engineer who designs reduction gears for ships and another friend joined me from Arizona so by the end of the day I was Pleeasnatly plissed..
Then flew to Frisco, for three days, always a good port, I went to see the Liberty ship, Jeremiah OBrien, SAM boat, been on a few times now but she had gone to dry dock in Alameda across the Bay. maybe next time.
We joined the Queen Elizabeth on Pier 35 and had a lifeboat muster
A wonderful venue for the muster was down in the Royal Court Theatre, Still do not know which Lifeboat I am due to be in if IT happens. Got the rafts sussed out tho`.
Trip so far is good,Got to Honolulu and had a couple of hours on Wikiki Beach,
gets more like Benedorm every time I go there.
Then repaired to `Hooters` by the Aloha Tower and they have the most delicious, most attractive, most beautiful girls in the world waiting on the tables with their Tight, Scimpy, shorts and TIGHT, TIGHT T-shirts, SHE says `cant see why you want to be in here instead of the beach`. I didnt tell her.
We arrived in PANGO PANGO in Samoa yesterday, had a quick tour of the Island, and ended up in the Famous, `Sadie Thompsons Bar`, for several beers, Unfortunately Sadie died a few years ago. They made a film of her with Rita Hayworth playing the part.
Sailed last night and lost a day on the Date Line, We are due in Port Denerau in Fiji tomorrow, Friday,
Hope to see Lou in Dunedin next week and in Melbourne HD John and Neil followed by Vernon and Roger in Sydney.
Cheers
Brian.

Kenneth Kenny
16th February 2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Brian,glad to hear that you are enjoying your cruise great ship in avery way.Take Care from Ken.

Doc Vernon
16th February 2012, 11:20 PM
Many thanks for the update Capt sounds as though you are truly having a Ball!
Although i didnt know Sadie (but the name was well known) i am sure that Movie would be something to see! Rita Hayworth is one great Actress! Screened in many a good Movie!
Anyway keep enjoying the trip,and we will see you on the Thursday the 1st March at Monties! At Noon! High Noon bring your Guns haha!
I of course will catch you first at the Skyway !!
Cheers

PS Joe Doyle will also be joining us at Monties!

Lou Barron
16th February 2012, 11:52 PM
Hi Brian Nice to hear from you it sounds like you are enjoying your cruise just dying to have a good yarn with you i think i gave you my phone number i think that they have a bus from the ship to the railway station as Port Chalmers will be very busy and i thought it would be easy to meet at the station in the main entrance what is your good wifev and her friend going to do we could work something out but we will leave it till thursday regards lou

happy daze john in oz
17th February 2012, 05:01 AM
Yes thgere is a bus service from Port Chalmers to the centre of Dunedin, cost about $15 return. Takes about 20 mins or so and is not a bad drive.

Captain Kong
17th February 2012, 07:06 AM
Hi men, thanks for the comments,
Lou, cant remember your phone No. I have it in my phone book somewhere, still searching for it. But I will be at the Station just before Noon. I will send the Shielas off on a trip somewhere. Meanwhile I am looking for my phone book.
We have just sailed from Fiji, fantastic, we went to the Westin Beach resort Hotel, pure paradise. sat under a thatched roof on stilts all day, overlooking the Pacific. with Ice cold beer, Fiji Bitter, What more does a man need. great.
off to Auckland now. be there in a couple of days.
Cheers
Brian

Tony Morcom
17th February 2012, 02:11 PM
You can follow Brian's cruise from the bridge webcam HERE (http://www.cunard.co.uk/Ships/Queen-Elizabeth/Bridge-Web-Cam/)

Lou Barron
17th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Hi Brian i will be at the station just after 9 am my phone number is 4762279

Captain Kong
18th February 2012, 06:45 AM
Hi Lou,
I found your number and sent you an email.
I will contact you when I findout when we are docking and when we are allowed ashore. I think 9 am will be a little early, dont want you hanging around.
Call you later with the Info.
. we arrive in Auckland on Monday.
Cheers, Brian.

Evan Lewis
18th February 2012, 10:06 PM
Morning ! Captain.

Note you are having a few days at Surfers Paradse.
I tried unsuccesfully to E.mail you . Seems like it failed.
Would appreciate it very much ,if you could e.mail me HERE (http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=70)
Continue enjoying your voyage.
Best wishes.
Evan lewis

Neville Roberts
19th February 2012, 04:09 PM
looks like your heading into port now .its dark there I see, auckland. have a ball Brian,

len mazza
21st February 2012, 04:23 PM
Hi,0521NZDST, Ships Movment thing shows her just approaching Wellington Harbour.

Lou Barron
22nd February 2012, 12:03 AM
hi Brian i am hoping that you readthis post before you arrive here if you are busing into the octagon it would be easy for us to meet by the Robbie Burns Statueplease let me know lou

Tony Morcom
22nd February 2012, 01:03 AM
So when is he due to arrive with you Lou?

Doc Vernon
22nd February 2012, 02:14 AM
8730Hi Capt
On the 28th Feb when you get up to the Mountains,i will be waiting at the Entrance to the Skyway by the Statues !
I hope to get there a wee bit early so as i may catch you before you start on your escapades up and down the Steep Incline Railway,the Skyway,and other things there!
Will still be donning the Beard and more than likely will be wearing my Aussie Hat ?
Depending on the Weather!
Have been having so much rain of late,and cool Temps,but the forecast is for much Warmer Weather funnily from the 27th.
Cheers

Captain Kong
22nd February 2012, 04:31 AM
Hi Lou, just sent you a email I will meet you at Rabbie Burns Statue in the Octagan, 1015 to 1030,
Cheers
Hi Vernon.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Skyway entrance, dont know what time yet tho`. let you know later.
We have just left Wellington and it haws rained all day. very few pubs left in Welly could only find two.
Cheers
Brian.

Hi Evan my email is HERE (http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2302)
Cheers
Brian.

Lou Barron
22nd February 2012, 04:57 AM
hi Brian got your em see at the rb statute hope have a few beers at our local but have to call at to pick up chauffeur i have also got a book for you see you in the morning lou

Captain Kong
23rd February 2012, 05:30 AM
Hi Fans,
Had a good day out with Lou and his family, we were not in for long, six hours but I had time to get to Dunedin to meet up with our Lou. Had lunch and a few beers then had to go get the bus back. but it was worth the trip.
Cheers Lou and thanks for everything.
Brian

Lou Barron
24th February 2012, 12:01 AM
hi you guys in aussie you who are going to meet our Capt Kong you will most certainly enjoy his visit i did theonly thing was the weather it poured down with rain it changed things as i had other things arranged but it was amost enjoyablefew hours we had together . After a bit of a talk at home we then went to our local pub.With the wife and daughter (she was the driver) and had lunch the Brian and i had a few SPEIGHTS our local brew it was most enjoyable to have a good talk with Brian All the Best Lou

Doc Vernon
24th February 2012, 01:31 AM
Hi Lou
I am really looking forward to the meet,and i am sure will also enjoy seeing him!
Hope that we have enough time together at Monties,as it would be nice to hear a few old Tales and have a few Bevvies (the Ginger sort for me haha!) with him,Roger and Joe.
Joe if you read this see you at Emu Plains on Thursday 1st March! at about 10.29am!
Cheers

Doc Vernon
26th February 2012, 10:54 PM
8772Well just looked in on the Webcam and the QE2 is now heading for Sydney,the Waters look nice a calm so hope its a Final Leg of good sailing for the Capt and his good Wife!
I wonder how the Capt will be feeling now knowing that this is the last Leg on the QE2 Trip for them!
But i am sure they have enjoyed it thius far,and still have the now Train and Plane Journeys to look forward to!
So Tommorow Tuesday its now my turn to meet the Capt at the Skyway,hope that the Weather will be a lot better fot him than Today here!
Then on Thursday again we will meet at Monties in Sydney! Joe as i havent heard from you again i hope that you got the messages etc about the change of Days!
Cheers

happy daze john in oz
27th February 2012, 04:45 AM
Well guys Neil and I met with the good Captain and his lady yesterday. He is well and enjoying the voyage. we only had a couple of hours with him but it was great to at last put a face to a name. Showed us some photos of Lou in Dunedin and told us Lou is a fantastic guy and he sorry he could not spend more time with him. Unfortunately for most of the day there it rained.

Neil, I and Brian doing what comes naturaly.

Captain Kong
27th February 2012, 06:14 AM
I would like to thank, Neil and John and his charming wife for taking a long journey to meet Anne and me in Port Melbourne.
It was great to meet up there. as Anne said`It was a lovely afternoon`.
I also got a chance to take a photo of Cloe` in Y & Js
Write in four weeks
Thanks Fellas.
See you tomorrow Vernon.
Cheers Men.
Brian.

Doc Vernon
28th February 2012, 03:06 AM
Well Today the 28th i met Capt Kong at Echo Point ,it was a slight change of plan as i had another appointment at just after 1pm!
Anyway as the Coach was a wee bit late in getting to Echo Point,i unfortuantely had very little time with Brian and his Wife Anne!
We exchanged Handshakes and greetings,and i even got a nice smooch from Anne! Horay!!! Well a few actually!

So to put it in a nutshell Brian is one nice Guy,and i feel that given the time he and i could really be good mates,he is so easy going and very pleasant!
His wife Anne is a lovely person as well,and it wouldnt take long at all to become really good Friends with them both!
Its a pity that my Wife Irene couldnt have been there as well!

So i had to say cherio after just a short 10 minutes,but of course will again see Brian on Thursday the 1st March at Monties in Sydney,i know now that we will have a great time!

So for now thats it Lads,will fill you in again after the second meet!
Cheers8780878187828783

Oh dear didnt realise that i now have to loose some of that Mid Section! Eeeek!

Des Taff Jenkins
29th February 2012, 12:54 AM
Hi Vernon.
Great photos pity it was such a short visit and meeting. I thought that if Joe is in Country NSW he may have trouble getting out, we are having rain like you never saw. 100 properties in the Cooma area are on evacuation alert for the next three days, the SAS have been filling sand bags up all day yesterday, according to the weather guys twelve months rain is expected to fall in one day in the Monaro area.
Glad we are up high as the ground is saturated and wont hold too much more.
Cheers Des

Lou Barron
29th February 2012, 01:10 AM
Hi Des i wish you guys over there would stop sending your rain over here

Doc Vernon
29th February 2012, 01:56 AM
Hi Des
Yes i was wondering about Joe for Thursday's meet with the Capt,as i havent heard back from him as yet!
Hope that all is under control there Des,as i know what you are on about!
Rain keeps falling here as well,and i think it will be a Wet one as well on the Meet Day in Sydney!
The Warragamba Dam is i believe overflowing for the first time in may yeras as well,so tat shows the ammount of rain we have been getting here as well!
Anyway will at least have a good few hours Tomorrow,so that will make up for the very short meet Yesterday !
Take care and stay safe
Cheers

happy daze john in oz
29th February 2012, 05:09 AM
Vernon mate, all you guys up there in NSW will survive, all got webbed feet so I hear!

Jim Brady
2nd March 2012, 08:02 PM
All quite on the big meet up what went wrong?we were all waiting to hear the story,and see the photo's.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Ivan Cloherty
2nd March 2012, 08:08 PM
All quite on the big meet up what went wrong?we were all waiting to hear the story,and see the photo's.
Regards.
Jim.B.

Whoops, perhaps the big meet went on too long and Kong and his two ladies will be travelling back DBS style :)

Doc Vernon
2nd March 2012, 09:35 PM
See this Link Jim! You must have missed it!~
Cheers

http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/f129/meetup-13970/