PDA

View Full Version : Any one know him

happy daze john in oz
21st January 2012, 05:29 AM
Blue Star about 1975 on the Canterbury Star a second officer by the name of John Rendle and a deck cadet tim Noble.
Does ayone recall them?
John now resides in New Zealand.

Jacyn Wade
4th March 2013, 02:48 AM
It's been over a year since you posted this, John, but is this link of any value?

http://www.bluestarline.org/Wellington_Reunion_2013/Wellington_Reunion%20_2013.pdf

Ian McEachern
5th March 2013, 06:56 AM
I sailed with John on the Montreal Star and was talking to him at the reunion mentioned in the thread at the weekend in Wellington. John is with the Harbour Board at Lytleton. Tim Noble was also at the reunion, although I didn't happen to see him, mainly as I wasn't acquainted with him.

Richard Quartermaine
16th December 2013, 12:31 AM
Ian McEachern

On 25 November i received this message from my good friend Richard Hutt in Tamworth, NSW. I was awaiting more information from Richard but he has just lost his mother and has enough on his plate.

Sad news to tell you I'm afraid., my friend Ian McEachern died 2 weeks ago from that wretched (asbestos) cancer. You may recall he used to be with the Blue Star Line and was thrilled to see those videos you sent me. He was only 71. Very big funeral too, and his coffin was draped with the British Merchant Navy flag.

I will be posting more on this today under 'Crossed The Bar'. Regards, Richard

Richard