PDA

View Full Version : Chat.

Terry Wilcox
22nd October 2011, 02:14 PM
Hi All. Every time I log into this web site, the Chat page has "no one is currently on chat" Why? A few years ago I used to chat quite alot with other M.N. crews, but not now as no one is ever on it. is there a problem? Take care..... Terry :(

Doc Vernon
22nd October 2011, 09:30 PM
Hello Terry
Now i am not certain on this,but a while back there was talk of that section being closed ! Can you still get in to the actual Chat Room?
Brian had mentioned it a while back,and said as it wasnt being used he was thinking of deleting it!
But you could Email him through the site Terry and just ask the question!
It is something that i know doesnt get used,so possibly Brian had done something??
Cheers

Keith at Tregenna
22nd October 2011, 09:39 PM
better off with a bingo section ? Ha, ha.

K.

Les Woodard
22nd October 2011, 10:23 PM
Just as a suggestion why not have members download Skype as that can be used the same as the Chat site and Brian can delete it without members being put out. I know of others that have started up group chats in Skype.

John Pruden
23rd October 2011, 06:17 PM
I use SKYPE quite allot it's far better to see who you are talking to and it saves the fingers.john:):)

John Albert Evans
23rd October 2011, 06:37 PM
I use SKYPE quite allot it's far better to see who you are talking to and it saves the fingers.john:):)

The added bonus of SKYPE is that its free.:)

John

John Pruden
23rd October 2011, 07:09 PM
thats true i have it set up so a few old dears can talk to family in the US and OZ and as you say costs nothing.john

Les Woodard
24th October 2011, 12:17 AM
The one problem I have found with Skype is one can end up with to many calls coming through so I have another free program that I use only for close contacts like family. I got it when I purchased a Logitech camers it is called Logitech Vid HD but there are many more on the market. With group talks I do not think you can use the camera but can use voice and as said earlier it save the little pinkies.

Michael Lawrence
24th October 2011, 03:11 PM
Les, I've gone onto skype and have Tomra on site but all others I've sent to have ignored my post. Am I wearing the wrong aftershave or doing something wrong which won't surprise a technophobe like me.:p:p;):D

Les Woodard
24th October 2011, 09:54 PM
Think it might be the way you comb your hair Mike. I have you on my Skype but that has been for quite a while so not to sure if it is the same address that you are using now?

happy daze john in oz
25th October 2011, 04:56 AM
Think it might be the way you comb your hair Mike. I have you on my Skype but that has been for quite a while so not to sure if it is the same address that you are using now?

Les I need a bit of advice on this one. Will Skype interfere with other forms of internet phone calls such as VOIP which is what I currently use?

Michael Lawrence
25th October 2011, 10:27 AM

Hair ! What Hair?:p;):D

Les Woodard
25th October 2011, 10:14 PM
John it does stuff all with my voip phone as they operate independantly from what I can figure out. Going to have problems now getting out the front door after being asked a question like that. But seriously have had no problems with it at all and I have about three programs like Skype set up on my computer as well as Voip. Mike maybe you should think outside the box or maybe the Box could be a clue as to parting your hair or have you gone bald there as well mate. Could mean to much traffic if that is the case. Still have you on the Skype but will check if it is the same email address just in case.

Michael Lawrence
26th October 2011, 08:21 AM
good on ya mate and there's only one thing with less hair and that's the billiard ball. My daughter say's I've never had hair, but I remember Pat Long( another New Malden westie) running her fin gers thru it or maybe she was pulling it out.:p;):D