PDA

View Full Version : smiley835

dave smiley
19th June 2011, 05:37 PM
Hullo All,
I only found this site today - was looking for info re Cruises on a ship that I saw b4, that catered
to the needs of ex MN officers. Has anyone seen thata one? Is it still in service?

Gulliver
19th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Hi there,Dave,

Try MARITIME MEMORIES (http://www.maritime-memories.co.uk/)

Regards

dave smiley
20th June 2011, 07:56 AM
Hi there,Dave,

Try MARITIME MEMORIES (http://www.maritime-memories.co.uk/)

Regards
Right on - this was the one I was looking for.
BTW I see you are ex-Bibby ( I was Blue Star and Trident). Did you ever know
Mike Reeves ?- he's about 10 yrs older than you, and joined Conway with me in '56.
Also Bert Kunze - he was a Super in Bibby's Liverpool office. He was my Best Man,
second time around!

Gulliver
20th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Right on - this was the one I was looking for.
BTW I see you are ex-Bibby ( I was Blue Star and Trident). Did you ever know
Mike Reeves ?- he's about 10 yrs older than you, and joined Conway with me in '56.
Also Bert Kunze - he was a Super in Bibby's Liverpool office. He was my Best Man,
second time around!

Hi Dave,yes served my time with Bibby's ,first at Riversdale pre-sea in 69,then till 73 at sea with Bibby's then after that mainly British flagged foreign vessels.

I don't recognise Mike Reeves name but I think I may have met Bert (recognise the German? surname,probably when we were all changing over crew sometime during those early years.
He obviously made Super much later because the only one there I had dealings with was Mr.Toby(with eye-patch).

Is your name really Dave Smiley (LOL),that's good ,I did actually sail with a Purser ,also in Bibby's but he was(is?,called Dave Miley.

Anyway,glad you found that link useful.That's the only one I know of though

All the Best !

John Callon
20th June 2011, 09:17 AM
Hello Dave,

Like Gullivar I was also with Bibbys. Sailed with Mike Reeves on the Pacific Bridge, he was Chief Officer.
Never heard of the Super you refer to though.
Regards,
John.