PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming

willam Mair
13th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Hi
I am new to the forum. I joined the MN in 1973 after serving my apprenticeship at Ravenscraig steel works. Only in for around 4years and mainly in tramp ships.Iris quqeen, Halcyon Isle, Sugar Transporter and was on the SA Oranje for a 5 week stint.It was a long time ago but I think about my time in the navy regularly and have some great memories.
I was a junior engineer and sailed all over the world. I dont want to say any more at this time as I know that many people on here have many years more experience than me. It is amazing however the hold the experience has on you. I have been on various cruises which although different bring back memories.
I dont know if anyone will rember me but you never know.
Thanks

Doc Vernon
13th June 2011, 10:08 PM
Hi William
Would just like to give you a warm Welcome to this very good site!
Here you will find lots of info,a good Crew here and with luck also find a few old Shipmates!
So sit back grab a Tinny,relax and just enjoy the trip!
Hope we will have you here for a long time! Have a happy stay!

Cheers

Vernon (castleman

Ivan Cloherty
13th June 2011, 10:48 PM
Hi
I am new to the forum. I joined the MN in 1973 after serving my apprenticeship at Ravenscraig steel works. Only in for around 4years and mainly in tramp ships.Iris quqeen, Halcyon Isle, Sugar Transporter and was on the SA Oranje for a 5 week stint.It was a long time ago but I think about my time in the navy regularly and have some great memories.
I was a junior engineer and sailed all over the world. I dont want to say any more at this time as I know that many people on here have many years more experience than me. It is amazing however the hold the experience has on you. I have been on various cruises which although different bring back memories.
I dont know if anyone will rember me but you never know.
Thanks

William we are all equal on this ship, relay your stories with pride, you're one of us and everyone of us has a story no matter how short a time or length we were at sea, some people experience more in one trip than others do in a lifetime, I have met fellow seafarers who have been at sea for 30 plus years and never transitted the Panama Canal, they don't know what they've missed, so get that keyboard buzzing

Welcome aboard

Ivan