Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 09:36 PM
Appeal

DESPERATE FOR SOME HELP IN FINDING SOME PHOTOS OF SHIPS:

ASKING FOR ALL HELP.

At the moment seeking PICS OF:

A.D.C. 527: Using attached pic for now for ADC 527

A.D.C 1272: Using attached pic for now for ADC

ASHBURY: There is apparently only one survivng photograph of the Ashbury available at Greenwich and it is of very poor quality. There is also one available of her under a previous name NITEDAL at the South African Maritime Museum.

ASHCREST

BATNA

BELCREST

BELLEROCK

MORE INFO REQUIRED ON: ARABY

We have one pic of Araby, but little info:

ARABY - Motor Vessel - 27th December 1940 (Mine)

Deep Sea, Tony and myself are striving to find much, this is the return list, once we have got most will return to these, You could help much if you could spend a few minutes or so on this.

Just require a bit of help please, add links or attach photos etc.

Have not looked on this site as yet, scouring the net for many and will, as said return ASAP.

Any help appreciated.

K.

Doc Vernon
29th May 2011, 10:14 PM
Will try and assist if i can Keith!

Dont know if the NA would have a Pic?
The National Archives | The Catalogue | Full Details | BT 26/837/26 (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATLN=7&CATID=-4732737&FullDetails=True&Gsm=2008-02-12&j=1)

John Callon
29th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Hi Vernon,
The Araby Keith refers to is the one built by A.McMillan & Son, Dumbarton, Yard No. 630. She was mined and sunk west of the Nore LV whilst on passage from London to Santos with a general cargo.Owners Royal Mail Lines. Incident occurred on 27th December 1940.
Regards,
John C.

Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 10:33 PM
Have one of her, yours is different and have added to the presentation that I work on.

MORE INFO REQUIRED ON: ARABY

We have two pics now of Araby, but little info:

ARABY - Motor Vessel - 27th December 1940 (Mine)

RE: Dont know if the NA would have a Pic?

In reality there are many to find, hopefully free, thanks for the link, will record all, if by chance we do not have too many missing may look at purchasing to complete:

Will pass on copy of all to yourself and anyone that may help at end, this will also all go towards WALHFMMNF:

With a little help from my Merchant Navy Friends. (http://hernamewasss.blogspot.com/)

and may raise a few bob towards MN good causes.

All thanks again, K.

Tried to attach copy of the Araby doc, too big for the site, will e.mail as an example.

John Callon
29th May 2011, 10:34 PM
Great minds think alike Tony. I got the information same place as you i.e.Shipping Times.
Regards,
John

Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 10:56 PM
You have all helped greatly on Araby, I am adding all as I go along.

Think ADC's will not be possible?

A.D.C. 527: So using attached pic for now for ADC 527

A.D.C 1272: and using same attached pic for now for ADC A.D.C 1272

ASHBURY: There is apparently only one survivng photograph of the Ashbury available at Greenwich and it is of very poor quality. There is also one available of her under a previous name NITEDAL at the South African Maritime Museum, also sounds like a no no, but please try.

PICS OF:

ASHCREST

BATNA

BELCREST

BELLEROCK

Next please,

Thanks K.

Tony Wilding
29th May 2011, 11:15 PM
i keep coming to dead ends, but still looking, ps, that museum in south africa charges 30 per photo.

Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 11:41 PM
RE: i keep coming to dead ends, but still looking, ps, that museum in south africa charges 30 per photo. Tony Wilding.

Thanks for trying mate, those posted here will be more difficult, hence the request, we continue on a major list and cannot spend to much time on each. But if the many on site can afford a few minitutes to try, all ids appreciated.

PS - RE: that museum in south africa charges 30 per photo

If I had to pay for all, would be about 6,000 pound at that rate, would appreciate all help on this. We could turn it around and eventually make half of that with luck, for and towards MN good causes.

Would love to be able, in the future to be able to help in the kind of work that Deep Sea conducts.

Hence, asking for all help now. Every penny raised will go to said MN good causes.

K.

Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 11:49 PM
RE: Prior to becoming Bellerock in 1938 she was called the Laverock. Here is her picture.

Certain all is correct, would love confirmation, some one will ask. Be nice to hold all info.

THANKS,

COULD YOU SEND OR POST / ADD LINK TO THAT INFO.

PIC IS STORED.

TA. K.

Keith at Tregenna
29th May 2011, 11:55 PM
PICS OF:

ASHCREST

BATNA

BELCREST

BELLEROCK: Have a pic of her now as Laverock. Prior to becoming Bellerock in 1938 she was called the Laverock apparently, can anyone confirm this ? K.

Next please,

Thanks K.

Geoff Anderson
30th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi Keith.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but i think the pic of the Laverock is of the one built in 1947 1209 tons built for GSNC i think her yard number was 386.
The Sunderland Site Page 022 (http://www.searlecanada.org/sunderland/sunderland022.html)
Have a look at this site Sunderland ship builders. scroll down to 1947.
Geoff

Keith at Tregenna
30th May 2011, 12:29 AM
No Worries:

Need results fast, your input is most important.

RE: Laverock is possibly the one built in 1947, 1209 tons built for GSNC. I think her yard number was 386.

The Sunderland Site Page 022

Thanks, will look into it.

Will look at all, as suggested and will look up Sunderland ship builders. scrolling down to 1947 etc, will be now, in the morning, but get back to you.

Cheers and all thanks All.

K.

K.

Tony Wilding
30th May 2011, 12:46 AM
Hi tony, sorry to be a damp squib, ! But the photo u posted is of the 1948 built motorship mv laverock, the one that was sunk was built in 1909 and steam driven, good try though, i only know because that is one my brother sailed on regards, tony.

Doc Vernon
30th May 2011, 04:01 AM
Hi Tony
Just wondering if the charge per print is that much!? Sounds a lot!
Could it not possibly be 30 South African Rand!?
Just asking!
Cheers

Tony Wilding
30th May 2011, 07:25 AM
hello, if its the museum run by a guy callede marsh the photos are 30 each, Greenwich NMM charge then same now, utter bandits.

Doc Vernon
31st May 2011, 03:29 AM
Absolutely luducrus prices ,i think that anyone who thinks of Buying at that price should really have second thoughts!
I am sure it only costs a fraction of that to get Printed,and on top of that i suppose they want you to pay the postage!
Rather trawl the Net for the rest of my life ! haha!:)
Cheers

Easy Money i call it!:mad:

Keith at Tregenna
31st May 2011, 05:01 AM
Current list of ships needed.

LINK: http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/f144/barry-dock-ships-11032/index5.html

Would love all help

Thanks,

Keith

Tony Wilding
31st May 2011, 08:02 AM
Absolutely luducrus prices ,i think that anyone who thinks of Buying at that price should really have second thoughts!
I am sure it only costs a fraction of that to get Printed,and on top of that i suppose they want you to pay the postage!
Rather trawl the Net for the rest of my life ! haha!:)
Cheers

Easy Money i call it!:mad:

HI VERNON, i phoned NMM at Greenwich, and queried the prices, but u get nowhere, just a load of stupid excuses, the only wa to be able to afford there prices is if 2 people want same photo, buy 1 and make a copy, but they say that is not allowed, they claim copyright. so u cant win, ? ? ? TONY.