PDA

View Full Version : HM Barque Hamilla Mitchel

Maxine Scrivener
28th March 2011, 09:33 AM
Hi My name is William Scrivener Great grand son of Richard Scrivener who arrived in Fremantle Western Australia June 1859 aboard the "Hamilla Mitchel". As part of our history that I am trying to put together I would like to learn more about this ship and perhaps obtain a illustration or sketch. I f anyone can help it would be most appreciated. Regards William Scrivener

Doc Vernon
28th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi
Hope that you find the info you are lookinf for!
There are many here that i am sure will at least give it a good try!
There is a wee dicripancy on that Month of departure,but that doesnt matter!
Cheers
Dont know if any of this will help!??

Hamilla Mitchell April 1859 246

Hamilla Mitchell , barque, 500 tons, Captain Bradley,1854 from London, via, Auckland, arrived February 3rd. 27 Passengers

Hamilla Mitchell
(Ship)

Mentioned in

White Wings Vol II. Founding Of The Provinces And Old-Time Shipping. Passenger Ships From 1840 To 1885
Attachmeny not the Ship but possibly she looked very similar!??

happy daze john in oz
29th March 2011, 05:39 AM
Hi My name is William Scrivener Great grand son of Richard Scrivener who arrived in Fremantle Western Australia June 1859 aboard the "Hamilla Mitchel". As part of our history that I am trying to put together I would like to learn more about this ship and perhaps obtain a illustration or sketch. I f anyone can help it would be most appreciated. Regards William Scrivener

Maxine is there a state library in Perth? If so and it is like the one here in Melbourne it may be a goos starting point. I have gained a lot of information from ours. Also see if there is an historical society there ae they often have some very useful information.

Maxine Scrivener
29th March 2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks John I have been to the Batty Library in Perth and have got copies of the ships manifest, crew and passenger lists, a good source of information iheers Billf you have a few hours to kill. Cheers Bill