Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The NHS

Anyone who watched the programme Hospital on Wednesday night must be disgusted at the state of it,it seems that the staff area under severe pressure every single minute.What a desperate situation all governments have let it get to .The first on thing on the agenda on Monday morning should a dabate on how to ractify their failings when it comes the nations health service.In my opinion so much cash is directed at the wrong things,overseas aid,is dished out to bloody nations that apparently have better health systems than we have .Who the hell cares about going to
    Other planets where millions of pounds are spent.Thease are just a couple of things that should be cut,there's billions of pounds dished out to other things surely the nations health comes first ,I always thought Charity began at home .I wonder how many members of Parliament are in Bupa,are their hearts really interested in the NHS this also goes to all the others over the past decades,NYE Bevin must turning in his grave when he seas how governments have wrecked one of the greatest innovations of modern times.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The NHS

dave the population of this country I rising by hundreds of thousands every year and the top and bottom is we are full if you don't speak the language then the bed is taken up could be for hours waiting for an interpreter drunks should be charged as well as drug addicts so there is just a couple of things nurses do a fantastic job I am in and out of hospitals so I know consultants are snowed under people are getting older cancer treatment is far better than it was just a few years ago but it takes staff some elderly living alone cant go home no one to after care for them what was the population when the nhs was first started to today the problems are far more than just health nursing homes are closing due to finance cuts so what do we do we cant just push people out the door the problem can never be sorted just by money alone.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John, my thoughts are along the same lines as yours, the amount of people coming into the country is crippling the
    NHS and the education service as well, the councils are all short of money, in the paper it says our council tax is to increase
    by 5% this year, there are so many people being allowed in the country that can't even speak English won't work some are
    in poor health and will see the doctor before we will. It's nothing new, for years people came here from India - Pakistan etc
    and when they were established they were entitled to bring relatives over, some being of pensionable age and having never
    paid a penny in to the systems they were still getting pension and NHS treatments the same as us. We now have towns that are no longer English as they are being turned into "COMMUNIY'S" that are alien to us but they still take us for whatever they
    can get, it's heart breaking to see what is happening to our once great country. JC
    Last edited by John F Collier; 13th January 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John,I agree with you the problem is that no government has had the foresight to realise the problem with the rising population or of the increase in people living longer.When we were young society was entirely different,for example the only income that came into the home was dads working now both parents work in most cases,there was always someone at home to look after granny and grandads not anymore when they became infirm .I would have thought that of all the people who have been involved in government surely someone would have foreseen the problems with growing and elderly populations.Medical technology is a wonderful thing but let's be perfectly honest what's the point in prolonging the life of of a very elderly person ,who has no quality of life due to dementureand numerous other medical conditions all being treated with expensive drugs,which is distressing to both the person concerned and their families,conversely the same scenario applies to someone still in hospital with no family who is well enough to be moved if a suitable care paggage could be found,this for whatever reason does not happen so yet another bed is blocked.this is among many other reasons why the NHS is in crisis

5. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

dave after 3 heart attacks 2 strokes and lung cancer do you think 30 years ago I would still be hear? the standard of medicine today is far advanced and so it should be. the nhs does not believe in putting you to sleep I agree in some cases they should but they take an oath to do their best and they do I have seen things in critical care that would put the sh.ts up you and after a couple of days the person is sitting up in bed. I woke up after a few days after being put in a coma staff around the bed a vicar at the end of the bed the consultant telling me they lost me twice through the night they are dedicated people that do their very best I will never forget the staff and I ring at Christmas time to wish them all the best the same people have to pay their own parking and even for tea sugar and milk for a brew that to me is disgusting treating staff that way and most have not had a pay rise for 3 years? jp
    Last edited by John Pruden; 13th January 2017 at 08:15 PM.

7. Thanks j.sabourn, N/A, Brenda Shackleton, Louis the Amigo thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the NHS started the Population of this country was 30 million, now we have over 70 Million.
    I have been to my local hospital today, I never heard a word of English, all the patients were from the Khyber and eastern Europe.
    You can bet your last dollar Not One has paid one penny into the system, We are being ripped off by immigration and asylum seekers.

I went to the Hospital Pharmacy, an English lady picked up a prescription and paid around £37 for four itams, the next man stands there, The Assistant said "Are you an Asylum Seeker?" he looked at his mate. and his mate said "Yes". `No Charge`, and gave him a huge bag of medication.
    The cost of that could come to hundreds of pounds to the NHS.
    He has obviously never worked here or paid taxes or NHI Stamp.

There is a big racket going. .....Doctors from certain countries see a patient from his own country, and prescribes the Biggest amount of medication, That goes into a box and is then posted back to the village in that mid eastern country. It has been going on for years, Our NHS is keeping those countries going in Medication for FREE while we pay or do without.. Costing us many many Millions of pounds a year.

Our NHS cannot survive the cheats.
    Also the A&E is clogged up with self inflicted ailments from Drunks and Druggies etc. They should all be in a separate unit that makes them pay, No pay No treatment, if they can afford to make themselves ill with money they can pay up
    Every Drunk and druggie must be charged.
    Every overseas immigrant must pay. No More Freebies.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john I am not suggesting putting to anyone to sleep,however when someone suffering from dementia and other illnesses is robbed of their memory ability to communicate,dignity and self respect,all caused by demiantiawhy continue endless medicatation.Sometimes in occasional lucid moments they will say just let me die.My wife has more than 20 yrs experience in care of people with dementia and experienced this many,many times.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The growth in the U.K.'s population together with immigration is one of the main reasons for the pressure on the NHS along with our ageing population. However throwing cash at it may not be the answer unless it is directed correctly, not at more managers but more front line staff, nurses and doctors.
    In the U,K, we spend 9.5% of GDP on our NHS and from this £222bn has to go to pay for P.F.I.
    France and Germany pend 11% of GDP on there health and care services.
    Tet
    the U.K. spends 0.7% of GDP on its Foreign Aid Budget
    Germany and France 0.38% and 0.41% of GDP on Foreign Aid.
    I am no economist, mathematician and only a fire side politician, but from the above if cash is the answer for the NHS then you do not need to an Einstein nor Chancellor of the Exchequer to see where the necessary cash can come from.
    rgds
    JA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

dave my wife worked in a nursing home for 11 years I use to take my dog there for them to stroke and comfort some sad times watching and waiting for people to pass but what can you do one time they were just like us working class I personally have always kept enough drugs to end my own time here? jp

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My brother, ex Seaman, has been in a care home for four years with Dementia, He has to pay for it from his Pension etc, and family, NOT the NHS, so why does anyone want to have him put down.

If you want to have people put down then start with the Drunks and Druggies then all the None payers.
    Unless you stop the abusers and Bums and stiffs from overseas it is like throwing hands full of Pound Notes into a tornado.

My son is a Senior Consultant, he is famous world wide, in his profession, been on TV several times about this subject, who deals with the results of drinking alcohol. People come to him for a Liver transplant and he has to turn them down as they have destroyed their bodies so much a Liver transplant would not take.
    Recently he was treating two 16 year old girls, they were so bad , he had to tell both sets of parents that they would die in less than three months, they did.
    They had been drinking a litre bottle of cheap Vodka a day, made in eastern Europe , made from anti freeze, in the off licence shops they sell for £4 a litre, Their parents said they didn't know, What a load of rubbish, It cost a fortune and two beds , to try to treat them But the internal damage was so severe it was fatal.
    So many thousands of pounds were spent just on two silly 16 year old girls to no avail. This is a daily occurrence, throughout the country.
    Plonkies drinking Eight Pints of rough Cider £4, a carton, same effects. in A&E trying for a cure again to no avail.
    He did a TV Documentary and it showed him going round all the local Off Licence Shops asking the Asian shop Keepers NOT to sell it, to no avail, Big Proffits for them and a Huge Bill for the NHS who has to try to sort them out and save lives. at a huge cost.
    So I would like to see ALL Drunks and Drug Users charged for their treatment, again No Pay No Play. dump them back on the street.
    So there you have it, People abuse the NHS and no matter how much money you pour into it there are a lot of people who will abuse it.

I have no complaints about it, not had any problems, Last January, I went to hospital with eczema on my ankle, The Doctor told me to strip Naked, I did, he then saw a spot on my shoulder and said That is Cancer, This was Wednesday, come in Saturday and we will operate, two Malignant Carcinomas were found and one was 4 inches in length , I had no idea I had it, he saved my life, No delays , no waiting at all.

Now It is not just this government, In 2009, I was injured in the Antarctic and came home, 35 days later. a Broken collar bone and torn clavicular ligaments
    I was told I needed an Operation, I waited for 8 months, in pain, no sign of an operation , due to the waiting list,
    I wrote to The Labour Government Minister of Health, Andy Burnham, asking why have I been waiting in pain for 8 months, .
    He wrote back, "Don't you know you do Not write to the Minister", and that was it, I waited a further two months , ten months in all.
    So Labour was just as bad.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 13th January 2017 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast